Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice on the same drive I had this exact behavior. Car was proceding to run the red light, flickering red/green depiction on screen. I disengaged both times and re engaged while right before the crosswalk, car still tried to run the red light.

For clarity, these were not yellow light approaches. Full red, clear view, first car at the light on approach.
Was it flickering RED GREEN or just RED and NOT RED? I’ve had this issue for well over six months, I used to be able to reproduce it at specific lights and intersections. Now, it’s just random which of course keeps one on their toes.

It’s really the type of thing that VERY much concerns me for a “wider roll out” because I doubt that every person who has paid for FSD is going to be able to react as quickly when their car decides to just proceed into a red light indicated intersection. Left side t-boned would be the outcome which is one of the worst outcomes. TWT

As others have noted, the current builds are FAR less "white knuckle" than the builds of (say) a year ago. Overall the car is now FAR smoother and human-like, but, as you note, there is still w ways to go.
Still a “white knuckle” experience here in rainy WA. Maybe only eight “knuckles” now, whereas it was 10 plus back of the hands “white” a year ago!
@WilliamG

Was it flickering RED GREEN or just RED and NOT RED? I’ve had this issue for well over six months, I used to be able to reproduce it at specific lights and intersections. Now, it’s just random which of course keeps one on their toes.

It’s really the type of thing that VERY much concerns me for a “wider roll out” because I doubt that every person who has paid for FSD is going to be able to react as quickly when their car decides to just proceed into a red light indicated intersection. Left side t-boned would be the outcome which is one of the worst outcomes. TWT
Mine was a solid red light, but the screen displayed them as a blinking red light. In that regard, the car behaved as it should. However, the light was solid so it shouldn’t have gone.

I had beta in a previous Tesla for a few months and this never happened, so it seems new to me. Hopefully it’s a glitch that either won’t happen again or will be addressed in a future update.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I saw a video on YouTube on an FSDbeta drive with 10.69.3.1 with the user using the voice command "bug report" when he noticed something that FSD shouldn't do. Basically a voice command of the snapshot button. Does anyone know if using that command results in an upload to the "mothership" after the car is parked? It's almost an instinct now to look for the snapshot button after doing it for a full year since I got FSD in early November 2021, and now I feel sort of unarmed against FSD mistakes.

Feature = FSD. FSD access is removed after strike limit has been reached.

In the event FSD (Beta) goes to wide release, Tesla will more likely than not allow owners to restore access to their purchased feature via a more user controllable and much faster means than a strike reset.

It’s likely one of the hurdles that we need to see before a wide release is done. That's what I was trying to say.

We've seen the report button go away, we've seen a widened narrow release, and enhanced driver monitoring. But still a few hurdles to leap.
That makes sense. Ultimately, I'm guessing things will be like they now are on the non-beta FSD. If you get a strike, then no more use of FSD on the trip (unless you pullover).

I saw a video on YouTube on an FSDbeta drive with 10.69.3.1 with the user using the voice command "bug report" when he noticed something that FSD shouldn't do. Basically a voice command of the snapshot button. Does anyone know if using that command results in an upload to the "mothership" after the car is parked? It's almost an instinct now to look for the snapshot button after doing it for a full year since I got FSD in early November 2021, and now I feel sort of unarmed against FSD mistakes.

No, if Tesla doesn't mention it, don't do it

No, if Tesla doesn't mention it, don't do it
Tesla mentions it, but the feature isn't intended for FSD and won't record driving data.

Mine was a solid red light, but the screen displayed them as a blinking red light. In that regard, the car behaved as it should. However, the light was solid so it shouldn’t have gone.

I had beta in a previous Tesla for a few months and this never happened, so it seems new to me. Hopefully it’s a glitch that either won’t happen again or will be addressed in a future update.
Same thing has only happened once to me. Happened about a month ago on 69.2.4. Very strange.

Bug report just puts a bookmark in the logs, stays 100% local to car, and is intended for the service center to check it if you open a service ticket for a vehicle issue- they are not sent to Tesla ever, and have nothing to do with collecting useful FSD data

There is anecdotal (people monitoring their home WiFi data rates) evidence that Tesla records a snapshot every time you disengage the system via brake pedal or steering wheel. I'm not sure about stalk disengagement.

It happens. Last night FSD almost took out a motorcycle in a roundabout. The bike was in the roundabout's outside circling lane. FSD was not adequately slowing, timing the merge and had perfect impact path. Too close for comfort.

I have to agree with an earlier assessment. FSD driver assist does better when there's less traffic to worry about.
"Yield to traffic on your left" is the law and my mantra in multi lane roundabouts. If I am in the outside lane my head is on a swivel assuming the cars on the inside are trying to kill me, even when I'm not on a motorcycle.
All my local roundabouts are one lane. 3.1 seems to handle those well.

Reactions: kabin
Apparently 10.69.3.1 sometimes feels uncomfortable with large vehicles in adjacent lanes. Yesterday afternoon FSD had trouble pulling next to a stationary large semi in the intersection left turn lane. It opted to hang the right side of the vehicle in the right lane.

Here's another example of a large vehicle in an adjacent lane. The bus wasn't blue initially but at the last moment turns red. Not sure how it makes any sense with a visual sensor system. It could be anything. I wouldn't expect training data sets to capture quick movements/turns from large vehicles. Could large reflected returns oversaturate the new photon counting scheme?

• Informative
Tried out 69.3.1 again today and it was still not enjoyable. I was in a middle lane and it wanted to go into a faster lane but it chose the one on the right instead of the left. Being a human, I could see well in advance that this right lane was going to end very soon but FSD still chose to go anyways. Had to disengage to keep it from going over the curb. It was already kinda accelerating as it thought it was going to be clear and free. Maybe it would have stopped but who is going to take the chance? Also, I don't know if it's legal in the US but in Canada, it's illegal to make a lane change in the middle of an intersection but FSD still likes to do that. I've noticed that speed limit detection is sort of hit and miss as well. it thought a highway onramp speed limit was the speed limit for the road that I was on. It dropped the speed from 70 km/h to 30 km/h. Had to goose it to go before I got rear-ended!! Bring back that video capture!! I want to jam on that thing!!

• Informative
- a big one - it went through a red light! This was at night, and it slightly applied brake just before deciding to pass through. Previous version would have easily stopped without any drama. Hasn't happened again.
This is why I always "feel" whether the car is decelerating or not. If not I'd brake.

FSDb seems to have issues sometimes when the light is Yellow, though.

In anycase, at all intersections we have to be super-vigilant. Both hands on the wheel and foot hovering on the brake pedal.

Ultimately, I'm guessing things will be like they now are on the non-beta FSD. If you get a strike, then no more use of FSD on the trip (unless you pullover).

Tough to know.
Hopefully at wide release they are confident enough in the system to not require steering reminders and just rely on attention. Or have shorter disabling (time out) after a “strike.” After all, if the system is safer than a human driver without monitoring or with marginal monitoring, disabling would make things less safe.

The exact safety level will determine the choices I guess. It will be interesting to see what happens with wide release for sure.

wife in the passenger seat hitting the yolk to stop the nags
This just seems like it would make a mess!