Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi 10.69,

Warning: More Glovebox detail per @Ramphex request

I did not want to bung up my YouTube channel of fabulous homemade fireworks
with glovebox detail, so I am showing it as a series of slides...

Evening view of display from refresh Model X:
View attachment 881855

Evening view of display after return from dinner.
Note: The fasten seat belt display only shows after drive
when requesting controls display.
View attachment 881858

Evening display after removing fasten seat belt display.
View attachment 881859

Finally after removing the very LARGE Homelink button
the glovebox button is revealed...

View attachment 881860

Too many presses for me...
Perhaps a smaller Homelink button elsewhere on the display would work...

Am I the only one who uses Homelink here?

Will probably order S3XY buttons - not for cheating FSDb but to get my glovebox back...

Shawn

Now I see what you mean. The HomeLink has been great for opening the community gate and the garages, but also extremely annoying for when you pull up, open the garage, then start backing into it and have to swipe away the HomeLink because it covers the side cameras.

10.69.3.2 needs better lane selection. It I so inconsistent. It will move to the far left turning lane (out of 2 for example) knowing it has only 0.1 miles to make the next right. Why can’t it just use the data from the navigation more consistently. On the navigation instructions it shows which lane to be in!
Without memory, it also don’t know what to use if it is heavy traffic and all markings are covered.

A little reality has crept into Whole Mars Catalog (Omar). I did the same thing a couple of days ago and mothballed FSD for a day. :)

As a counter-argument, my Model 3 is being serviced right now and I managed to talk myself into a Model Y loaner. It's equipped with the FSD package, but doesn't have FSD Beta.

Being forced back to regular AP on suburban roads with the really crude stop-light/stop-sign logic and being unable to make any turns whatsoever makes me really miss FSD Beta.

A little reality has crept into Whole Mars Catalog (Omar). I did the same thing a couple of days ago and mothballed FSD for a day. :)

FSD has come a long way since it was initially released, but has a long way to go to be what it was promoted to be. I have also recently spent a lot of time driving myself. I find it is much more comfortable and more efficient. I have not experienced one instance of actual braking during 4 days of manual driving as compared to regular instances of braking under FSDb. There is a big difference in a drive that had no disengagements and the same drive that was driven safely ( aka other drivers did not have to avoid me.)

Omar needs to be careful - he’s going to lose his favorite child status with Elon!

I use FSD very regularly but it definitely takes patience and is a bit slower than driving oneself so there are plenty of times I prefer to drive myself. Or I’ll use it for the ‘easy’ parts of the drive and take over and do the rest myself.

As a counter-argument, my Model 3 is being serviced right now and I managed to talk myself into a Model Y loaner. It's equipped with the FSD package, but doesn't have FSD Beta.

Being forced back to regular AP on suburban roads with the really crude stop-light/stop-sign logic and being unable to make any turns whatsoever makes me really miss FSD Beta.
you mean when it doesnt blow through some stop signs (as others have reported), right? 🤣

Weve reached the usual phase 4 that happens with almost every FSD update

Phase 1 "This is SO much better. Its AWESOME. FIRE"
Phase 2 "Noticed a few small things. Normal software regression. But its still really good and better"
Phase 3" Wow. Some real software regression. But still better than 1980 cruise control"
Phase 4 "This is a mess. Blowing through stop lights, still bad lane picking, super wide turns. Im having to take over and just drive myself. Maybe next update will be fire"

Weve reached the usual phase 4 that happens with almost every FSD update

Phase 1 "This is SO much better. Its AWESOME. FIRE"
Phase 2 "Noticed a few small things. Normal software regression. But its still really good and better"
Phase 3" Wow. Some real software regression. But still better than 1980 cruise control"
Phase 4 "This is a mess. Blowing through stop lights, still bad lane picking, super wide turns. Im having to take over and just drive myself. Maybe next update will be fire"
This must mean an update is about to happen so we can start the cycle over again!

Probably the only time we'll see any honesty. Like a kid acting out when wanting more attention.

Of course there's validity to his complaint and probably no software update that will ever solve it.

I think he’s trolling. You know the saying, any attention/publicity is good attention/publicity.

Shill tactics to get engagement/participation.
Yes Omar is a shill but he is providing valuable information to the beta team since you know they are uploading data from high influencer YouTubers like Omar, Dirty Tesla and Chuck.
This is a good example of several problems he talks thru using FSD.

you mean when it doesnt blow through some stop signs (as others have reported), right? 🤣

Nope, that's never happened to me. There are two lane-selection trouble-spots on my commute that I drive manually for about 30 seconds each, otherwise FSDb drives my entire commute without issue. Hence why I miss temporarily not having it.

Yes Omar is a shill but he is providing valuable information to the beta team since you know they are uploading data from high influencer YouTubers like Omar, Dirty Tesla and Chuck.
This is a good example of several problems he talks thru using FSD.

The pedestrian one is tough. There are states with pedestrian laws that state a car must stop when a pedestrian is in *any* portion of the crosswalk. Tesla is being extra cautious, so I understand this one.