Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On .25.2, I had it stop for a rail crossing. I attached a photo of the crossing. The arrow shows the direction I was traveling. I was the only car approaching the rail crossing, car stopped about 15 ft in front of the crossing with the arms down. The only issue was once the gates lifted, the car sat there, I had to tap the accelerator to get it to proceed. For what it’s worth, the gates weren’t full raised, it might have gone ahead, but there was traffic behind me, so I didn’t want to piss them off.
Agreed, the flashing lights didn't turn green so it wouldn't go.

No, in fact mine stopped but then it would not start. there was no green light to tell the car to go. This was my case several versions ago.
While not related to rail road tracks I've had a number of situations where 25.2 waits when I get a green light. I have to use the accelerator to get going.
But on a positive note FSD has done a better job selecting the correct lane at this very large rotary where access is controlled by lights. In older builds it was pretty much a guarantee I would have to disengage but since 25.2 I haven't needed to.

Google Maps

While not related to rail road tracks I've had a number of situations where 25.2 waits when I get a green light. I have to use the accelerator to get going.
But on a positive note FSD has done a better job selecting the correct lane at this very large rotary where access is controlled by lights. In older builds it was pretty much a guarantee I would have to disengage but since 25.2 I haven't needed to.

Google Maps
I’ve noticed very inconsistent behavior with flashing yellow lights. It wasn’t great before but has taken a step back with the latest version.

Reactions: Twiglett

Google Maps
Yes I have the green light issue at one particular exit ramp. Its a large X type interchange exit. It's a large curved turn. when the light changes I have to press and hold the gas accelerator until I clear the intersection. It is only at this one crossing. The other one I use works fine, go figure. I also have other cases when the car takes a right turn then forgets to accererate.

Many posts ago someone was asking about the turn signals arbitrary coming on. I have that issue and think it is a patch (and not command) to stop the car from exiting on turn lanes that are not defined in the turn lane library. Back in the early days my car had real issue jumping into turn lanes. Now I get a signal to take a left so the car will not exit. I also get it with the new nav map gives you choices and you pick the alternate route. when I get to that turn the blinker comes on to tell the nav system NOT to turn at that intersection.

I had posted earlier that with 25.2 my Model Y randomly changed into a right turn lane when it needed to go straight through an intersection. Tried it again last night under the same conditions and this time it did fine. It managed to get me home with no interventions. Its behavior was very clunky compared to me driving, but it did it. I did disengage the system when we approached the community gate because I don't know what it might do and don't want to crash into the gate.

I am having an issue with FSB Beta 10.69.25.1 on my neighborhood streets. While driving using FSD Beta without my home destination, instead of following the main street, my Tesla 2016 Model S will randomly turn on a right blinker and start turning into a side street. I am also having problems with multiple random phantom breaking with driving down the main street to my house.

If I turn off FSD Beta and use normal Auto Pilot, the car follows the main street. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have an update on this issue of my Model S randomly turning on side streets instead of driving straight on my neighborhood street with FSD Beta turned on and without a destination set.

I installed 10.69.25.2 and turned on FSD Beta on the main neighborhood street while driving home. I hoped that the update would resolve the issue of my car randomly turning on the blinker and turning on side streets. When on 10.69.25.1, I always turned off FSD Beta so that the car would not turn. When I updated to 10.69.25.2, I decided to let the car turn to see what would happen. When driving North on Jester Blvd, the car would always want to turn right on Aquaqa Dr. Aquaqa Dr. is a loop that comes back to Jester Blvd. I let the car turn right and it drove the loop and stopped at the stop sign at Jester Blvd. If I had let FSD Beta continue driving the car, it would have driven straight so I canceled FSD Beta and turned right back onto Jester Blvd.

I turned on FSD Beta again, and the car wanted to turn right into a driveway at the community pool. I turned off FSD Beta and then back on and the car wanted to turn left 2 time before I reached the street where I live. All of this happened within 1.5 miles. I have tried this multiple times and it always wants to turn at the streets and driveway mentioned above.

What is very strange is if I drive South on Jester Blvd. from the street where I live, if I turn on FSD Beta, the car never tries to right or left for the same 1.5 miles. I will continue to test this issue on future releases.

Last edited:
I have an update on this issue of my Model S randomly turning on side streets instead of driving straight on my neighborhood street with FSD Beta turned on but without a destination set.

I installed 10.69.25.2 and turned on FSD Beta on the main neighborhood street while driving home. I hoped that the update would resolve the issue of my car randomly turning on the blinker and turning on side streets. When on 10.69.25.1, I always turned off FSD Beta so that the car would not turn. When I updated to 10.69.25.2, I decided to let the car turn to see what would happen. When driving North on Jester Blvd, the car would always want to turn right on Aquaqa Dr. Aquaqa Dr. is a loop that comes back to Jester Blvd. I let the car turn right and it drove the loop and stopped at the stop sign at Jester Blvd. If I had let FSD Beta continue driving the car, it would have driven straight so I canceled FSD Beta and turned right back onto Jester Blvd.

I turned on FSD Beta again, and the car wanted to turn right into a driveway at the community pool. I turned off FSD Beta and then back on and the car wanted to turn left 2 time before I reached the street where I live. All of this happened within 1.5 miles. I have tried this multiple times and it always wants to turn at the streets and driveway mentioned above.

What is very strange is if I drive South on Jester Blvd. from the street where I live, if I turn on FSD Beta, the car never tries to right or left for the same 1.5 miles. I will continue to test this issue on future releases.
What do you mean by issue? Why would Beta driving randomly (with on destination set) seem odd to you that it was turning randomly? If you don't want Beta to drive randomly then you need to set a distention.

On some drives it will try and and predict were you are going but if it doesn't predict a pattern Beta just drives randomly.

FSD Beta driving without a destantion set

Last edited:
Reactions: willow_hiller
What do you mean by issue? Why would Beta driving randomly (with on destination set) seem odd to you that it was turning randomly? If you don't want Beta to drive randomly then you need to set a distention.

On some drives it will try and and predict were you are going but if it doesn't predict a pattern Beta just drives randomly.

I didn’t know that. I’m going to get in the car and start FSD beta and let it take where it wants. Wow I wonder where I will end up?😳

I didn’t know that. I’m going to get in the car and start FSD beta and let it take where it wants. Wow I wonder where I will end up?😳
Haven't done in a while but I seem to remember more right turns than left turns but this was MANY versions ago. So maybe not totally random. But the few times I did it Beta soon ended up going in a different direction/routes. I might try again for fun this weekend.

Reactions: Gbills
You can usually predict where it will take you. Without a destination, it will tend to stay in the lane. The planner will still make lane changes for speed if it feels an adjacent lane is moving faster. Once the lane becomes a turn lane, as many times a right line becomes a right turn only lane, the car will turn right. The car tends to favor right turns, so if it approaches a T-junction, it will probably turn right. However, if it's in the left lane and that lane becomes a left turn lane, it will turn left.

With no destination set, FSDb is supposed to continue straight until it must turn. It then attempts to make a right turn. It should not make 'random' turns.

I often engage FSDb with no destination set if my destination is along the road I'm on. The car never has made a 'random' turn. The only time my car has made an unexpected turn was with a destination set when it got stuck in a right turn only lane. The car turned right, as required, then rerouted.

With no destination set, FSDb is supposed to continue straight until it must turn. It then attempts to make a right turn. It should not make 'random' turns.

I often engage FSDb with no destination set if my destination is along the road I'm on. The car never has made a 'random' turn. The only time my car has made an unexpected turn was with a destination set when it got stuck in a right turn only lane. The car turned right, as required, then rerouted.
I only did it about 3 times and don't remember all the specifics EXCEPT it went different routes from my friends house. It was an intercity neighborhood and it just seemed to make right turns at random. I remember us wondering if if would turn or not. I think they were all right turns but could be mistaken. Could be it acts differently and stays straight on a more main thoroughfare road but that is not where I tried.

When you say Beta "...is supposed to continue straight..." Is this a Tesla statement or what is your source?

There are three ways you can enter a T intersection. One of them requires the car to turn. If you could not continue straight, then the car turned so it could continue going someplace.
It goes straight until it reaches tee and then it will turn right. It may be my imagination, but without a route, I find that FSDb default to going Home.