Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIL smart summon can reverse.

I had to use it today, but I thought it’d fail since I didn’t back into the parking space. But it backed out just fine and made it over to me.

I still wish it worked from five times the distance away, though.
How do you get it to work? I haven’t been able to in about a year now.

How do you get it to work? I haven’t been able to in about a year now.
I tested it to work backing out about 5 versions ago before FSD beta and stopped using it after it climbed a curb. The code hasn’t been updated for years.

Attachments

• 93E6AFEC-265F-407C-A3EA-A4B5DBF06975.jpeg
    93E6AFEC-265F-407C-A3EA-A4B5DBF06975.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Funny
Reactions: am_dmd
As we are doing tips & tricks, it has been noted before in passing in a few posts around here and in other subforums, but for completeness:

If you use fixed wiper speed of 3 or higher, FSD and NOA will be disabled after a few seconds. FSD will continue to work until disabled at least in some cases, but re-enable will not be possible.

If you use fixed setting 2 or lower, no impairments of function will occur (some uncertainty here, needs testing).

This is easily repeatable in dry conditions as well. Might post a video sometime.

I don’t know whether there are any other cues it uses to determine poor weather. I was not able to test robustness of setting 2 in a driving rain yet, but in my testing it seemed quite robust with no weather warnings with a light rain. However, perhaps in a heavier rain it would have disabled anyway? Needs to be checked.

But anyway, certainly at the margins, just use setting 2 and deal with the lack of vision in a light rain, and you can continue to use FSD (and NOA). Definitely useful in some cases where you have nuisance disabling.

I’ve also noticed a bug where the poor weather detection note got stuck on screen but was not real. (Confused me because I was on setting 2 and could not figure out why it was noting that - but it was spurious.). Wasn’t an issue since I had FSD engaged already, but it just would not clear until I disengaged.

Anyway, this overall behavior probably explains the inability of the auto wipers to work in a fine mist. If they wipe too often in a light rain, that would disable FSD and NOA prematurely! So Tesla biases them to wipe less.

It is better to let FSD just take control in these cases, even if you can’t see, because it is so safe. Just select setting 2 if necessary!

Also I noticed last night with wet cameras that the occupancy network was picking up some rapidly moving UFOs - I’ll have to review my video; it could have been paranormal activity. It’ll be interesting to see how they filter out objects from the occupancy network when the cameras are wet. Seems challenging! Now I know how those pilots feel.

Last edited:
Also I noticed last night with wet cameras that the occupancy network was picking up some rapidly moving UFOs - I’ll have to review my video; it could have been paranormal activity. It’ll be interesting to see how they filter out objects from the occupancy network when the cameras are wet. Seems challenging!

That was in the release notes, I believe. 👽👽👽🤫

- Added control for arbitrary low-speed moving volumes from Occupancy Network. This also enables finer control for more precise object shapes that cannot be easily represented by a cuboid primitive. This required predicting velocity at every 3D voxel. We may now control for slow-moving UFOs.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Second time 10.69 has decided to treat a regular 4-way intersection with traffic lights as a 4-way stop. Last time I thought it got confused because it may have crossed the stop line after the light was red but this time it pulled up to the red light and decided to proceed when cross traffic lightened up. Wonder if 11.3 will fix this

Second time 10.69 has decided to treat a regular 4-way intersection with traffic lights as a 4-way stop. Last time I thought it got confused because it may have crossed the stop line after the light was red but this time it pulled up to the red light and decided to proceed when cross traffic lightened up. Wonder if 11.3 will fix this
The usual theory of this behavior is that the traffic lights are early generation LED, with a flicker rate that the cameras alias down to one or two Hertz (aka beat-frequency effect, like the apparent slow propeller effect in movies). Then this is interpreted as a flashing red instead of a continuous red. I thought Tesla had worked on a software Improvement for this, but it's not easy to fix for all cases.

I would think some kind of video rate phase-overlap amongst the three forward cameras would be very helpful to mitigate such issues, but I really don't know how hard they've worked on this. Of course, the theory mentioned above is only a reasonable guess; there could be some other kind of neural network confusion playing into it as well.

Reactions: DarkForest
The usual theory of this behavior is that the traffic lights are early generation LED, with a flicker rate that the cameras alias down to one or two Hertz (aka beat-frequency effect, like the apparent slow propeller effect in movies). Then this is interpreted as a flashing red instead of a continuous red. I thought Tesla had worked on a software Improvement for this, but it's not easy to fix for all cases.

I would think some kind of video rate phase-overlap amongst the three forward cameras would be very helpful to mitigate such issues, but I really don't know how hard they've worked on this. Of course, the theory mentioned above is only a reasonable guess; there could be some other kind of neural network confusion playing into it as well.
I had a case where the car visualized a stop sign for some reason. Never seen it before or since and I have no idea what would have caused it to do so. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe, although the visualization did show a solid red.

Maybe, although the visualization did show a solid red.
The visualizations are not always an accurate representation of what the computer is seeing. Problem is they're all most of us can go by. There are a few people who have hacked the FSD system so they have access to lower level data on what the car is sensing - it'd be interesting to see if they have any data on these cases.

The visualizations are not always an accurate representation of what the computer is seeing. Problem is they're all most of us can go by. There are a few people who have hacked the FSD system so they have access to lower level data on what the car is sensing - it'd be interesting to see if they have any data on these cases.
Yeah, the current visualizations are in the uncanny valley between something useful for engineers and something understandable to end users. No idea how much patching happens to make things presentable compared to what the car acts on. V11 seems a little more user-friendly

Since we're on the verge of V11 (fingers crossed), I hope that they fix my biggest annoyance with 10.69.x. Randomly, the car will throw up a blinker and then cancel it after half a blink. No lane change or anything. Sometimes it does it on one lane roads as the road widens before a street light. It just makes people behind me think i'm a crazy driver. Maybe just trying to blend in with LA drivers.