Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Another push to 145 cars on Teslafi just went out
EDIT: fixing wrong firmware tracker name

Darn, that was enough for me to burn my daily check, and no dice.

And for those that say checking doesn't matter, there are definitely cases where some firmware versions were never properly "pushed," so you could only receive it by checking.

Darn, that was enough for me to burn my daily check, and no dice.

And for those that say checking doesn't matter, there are definitely cases where some firmware versions were never properly "pushed," so you could only receive it by checking.
You're right! Between 10.3 and 10.69.25.2, I only received the update through checking the app on only 2 occasions.
Every other time I had to do the manual check in the car

FSD beta is no longer using the Safety Score.
That's true, however as of the last big expansion on 2022.44.x, the Safety Score does appear and operate in the app while you are waiting (i.e. after you request it in the car but haven't received it yet). Ar least this was true for new FSDb user last time around. Supposedly, the actual score accumulated in that short time didn't matter. After receiving the FSDb equipped software, the Safety Score disappeared from the app again.

I think this is just a remnant of the prior "qualification scoring" queue system. But I mention it because some people here are waiting to become first time FSDb users, and they might experience the same thing. At some point, Tesla will probably address and eliminate this remnant behavior, so that Safety Score never appears while in the queue.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Has anyone seen how it treats HOV/Express lanes? Especially ones that are divided, knowing where and when to enter? I live in San Diego County and the I-15 is terrible. Honestly Google Maps isn't great about it either but it doesn't have cameras.
That video I posted recently of a guy running in highway traffic outside Chicago has an entry into a divided express lane. As I recall, it was a smooth transition.

• Informative
What does this mean?

Whoops.

The more often you check it the less you get a positive result.

More specifically if there is a new push and say 1000 installs have already happened and you you check you have a fair chance. But if you check 10 times a day for 10 days you have a much less percentage change of getting an update.

If you’re already in the que which you would never know checking may make it happen a few hours or a day sooner. Checking all the time you most of those will be negative.

Whoops.

The more often you check it the less you get a positive result.

More specifically if there is a new push and say 1000 installs have already happened and you you check you have a fair chance. But if you check 10 times a day for 10 days you have a much less percentage change of getting an update.

If you’re already in the que which you would never know checking may make it happen a few hours or a day sooner. Checking all the time you most of those will be negative.
Unfortunately we are only able to check once per 24 hours now.
Tesla must of gotten sick of all the traffic over their servers months ago from incessant checking. I can only blame myself... and @EVNow

From looking at Teslafi it looks like about 175 cars have the update (or are waiting to download or install it). So that's about 3% of the Teslafi cars running an FSD Beta release. That's up from 0.3% this morning, so this is consistent with a 0.3% > 3% > maybe 30% soon rollout progression?

The tester in my wants it right now, but the investor is happy Tesla is still being smart about these gradual rollouts and a) being pretty conservative b) spreading the initial groups across various regions and vehicles.

From looking at Teslafi it looks like about 175 cars have the update (or are waiting to download or install it). So that's about 3% of the Teslafi cars running an FSD Beta release. That's up from 0.3% this morning, so this is consistent with a 0.3% > 3% > maybe 30% soon rollout progression?

The tester in my wants it right now, but the investor is happy Tesla is still being smart about these gradual rollouts and a) being pretty conservative b) spreading the initial groups across various regions and vehicles.
Over the last almost 2 years it does kinda work this way...
Now with almost 400k testers instead of a few thousand when it started, they are probably careful with not overloading their servers

Last edited:
Over the last almost 2 years it does kinda work this way...

It has! A surprising number of people on this forum have suggested that once FSD was available to everyone who wanted it and/or when single stack was released then Tesla would just stop doing gradual rollouts. Basically they'd go back to how "production" code releases have historically worked.

I personally think that's highly unlikely. They've had over two years to perfect how to minimize risk with incremental releases. That's just a free benefit for Tesla, I can't see why they'd stop. There's only upside for them.