Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
YES, FINALLY (not mine)

I think others reported the same lane centering behavior in 11.3.1, but haven't really seen that in the videos. Hopefully this is consistent. Checked this morning for my update, of course not there. Lol I expect to be one of the last.

Has anyone seen how it treats HOV/Express lanes? Especially ones that are divided, knowing where and when to enter? I live in San Diego County and the I-15 is terrible. Honestly Google Maps isn't great about it either but it doesn't have cameras.

I took delivery of a FSD Model 3, the day the recall update hit. I've been patiently waiting for this update to finally drop. Now that it's rolling out, I'm eagerly checking the app every couple hours to see if I've gotten it yet. I'm really excited to try it out. Getting car that can drive me to and from work every morning is half the reason I got this thing.

I took delivery of a FSD Model 3, the day the recall update hit. I've been patiently waiting for this update to finally drop. Now that it's rolling out, I'm eagerly checking the app every couple hours to see if I've gotten it yet. I'm really excited to try it out. Getting car that can drive me to and from work every morning is half the reason I got this thing.
Don’t get too exited. Remember you will still have to periodically put your hands on the wheel. Also FSD beta in general is not that great of a driver.

Reactions: GSP and jebinc
Historically, new cars won't get updates for roughly a month after delivery despite there being newer builds available.

Im confused . Not all cars get the update?
My display shows 11.1, (2023.2.12), and all appears same as before
Your UI version is 11.1. You are on release build branch not FSD branch.
Tesla named their UI version similar to FSD which is causing a lot of confusion.
For example I'm on software version 2022.44.30.10 (FSD 10.69.25.2) with UI 11
And sorry to inform you that, since your are on a higher branch you will not receive this wave of update. This wave of FSD will be on 2022.45 branch, and you're on 2023.2. I suggest you delay all future updates until FSD catches up to your branch.

Your UI version is 11.1. You are on release build branch not FSD branch.
Tesla named their UI version similar to FSD which is causing a lot of confusion.
For example I'm on software version 2022.44.30.10 (FSD 10.69.25.2) with UI 11
And sorry to inform you that, since your are on a higher branch you will not receive this wave of update. This wave of FSD will be on 2022.45 branch, and you're on 2023.2. I suggest you delay all future updates until FSD catches up to your branch.
Thanks for the explanation !

That means it could be months i presume, even with me halting the updates ?
That's great - the functionality i paid for at purchase isn't available and no-one informed me of that .

With it being a 22.45.x branch that pretty much excludes any new people getting it. Doubt there are many people wanting on Beta and still on a 22.44.x or earlier firmware.
I think all recently delivered (Q1 2023) vehicles are on 22.44.X. For example, I took delivery in Feb, and am on 22.44.200. I think we are stuck on an older branch due to the recall - maybe that means we'll get the update sooner than later?