Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Took mine for a quick spin and saw much to like. Seems much more confident overall. Proceeds from stops quickly when driving straight or turning and seems to adjust speed when approaching a signal much as I would. When the light changes and I'm just approaching the intersection the car slows to an appropriate speed and proceeds at the speed of traffic very well, very smoothly, using regen to ease off then accelerates just as I would which is great! Had a few weird blinkers pop up but only for a second then seemed to realize the mistake and turned off after just one or two blinks. Yes, the percentage speed offset only is strange, like picking a number, but hopefully this will change later. Much better graphics too. Will be taking a longer freeway drive in a few days so good opportunity to test, looking forward to it!

The whole shill catalog? I’m pretty sure there’s a whole thread somewhere around here about it. The theory is he uses his knee to keep slightly nudging the steering wheel to avoid the nag.
Given how F'd beta is, who would be crazy enough to use a nag device anyway - It's not like the system is reliable and doesn't require constant supervision? Nuts.

He uses the right scroll wheel. Must be annoying to do that compared to just keeping your hands on the wheel like you’re supposed to.
Why would anyone use an anti-nag device, given how unpredictable beta can be? Seems nuts and unsafe, given how unreliable this software has been and will be (for a very long time). Crazies, I tell you... crazies! 🤣

The whole shill catalog? I’m pretty sure there’s a whole thread somewhere around here about it. The theory is he uses his knee to keep slightly nudging the steering wheel to avoid the nag.
The "knee nudge" absolutely works. Unfortunately, unlike chimpanzees, our legs are not as dexterous as our arms. One unintended nudge and you can easily lose control of the car as it unexpectedly disengages.

Regression in Chuck Cook's UPL

On the plus, more distant oncoming vehicles are being detected but at what expense. It's not as if V10.x had an abundance of processing thoughput available. Looks like a couple of different V11.3.3 UPL failure modes. Stopping in the middle of oncoming traffic might indicate something has gone off the rails. And as I recall V11.3.2 UPLs were only marginally successful. Gotta hope HW3 has more to give or this will continue to be craptastic.

Last edited:
Why would anyone use an anti-nag device, given how unpredictable beta can be? Seems nuts and unsafe, given how unreliable this software has been and will be (for a very long time). Crazies, I tell you... crazies! 🤣
Maybe for the same reason some like to complain about things they haven’t tried yet? Crazies!
I hear you, just like that cruise control nonsense. You'd have to be crazy to use that. Car could just keep right on driving, into another car, a wall, a stand of hibiscus, a rabbit, a rabbi, a random rowdy roundabout, who knows what all could happen? Quick, they're coming, we gotta get out of here.........