Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Check me here, from TeslaFi moments ago, at 11:19 am pst.

View attachment 923479

It looks like a car on 2023.6.8 got down-dated (as opposed to updated) to 2022.45.12.

Have we seen this happen before?
Yes, I’ve been there. It can happen when someone gets so fed up with FSDb crap, they unenroll from beta via email. Two days later, their car gets pushed the latest production firmware.

Check me here, from TeslaFi moments ago, at 11:19 am pst.

View attachment 923479

It looks like a car on 2023.6.8 got down-dated (as opposed to updated) to 2022.45.12.

Have we seen this happen before?
Per Chuck's tweet the last entry is likely Chuck's download.

I can't imagine there being much of an improvement without more time to collect/understand issues, redesign, train, etc. It's started to smell like a training data tweak to overfit/favor Chuck's UPL.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Per Chuck's tweet the last is likely Chuck's download.

I can't imagine there being much of an improvement without more time to collect/understand issues, redesign, train, etc. It's started to smell like a training data tweak to favor Chuck's UPL.
Yep, they just can’t spend enough time on Chuck’s ULT; meanwhile, they ignore the year old big bright yellow school bus 🚌 with flashing red lights, children all around and deployed in the drive path stop sign 🛑. Not a priority for the Charlatan. But Chuck, the YT’er, they will jump through their @$$ for. F Chuck. Same for Mars…. Wonderful.

As a community offering, for those that got beta later, here is the email Tesla sent to all of us old testers originally. Yes, their typo at the end is what they sent:

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VIN associated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected].
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thank,

The Tesla Team

Guess hearing that there’s yet another iteration with 11.3.4…makes me feel a tiny bit better since it’s now obvious that I’m NOT going to have v11 for my 3day road trip that starts in about an hour.

Still peeved though…wanted v11 before today.

Reactions: Ramphex
Yes, I’ve been there. It can happen when someone gets so fed up with FSDb crap, they unenroll from beta via email. Two days later, their car gets pushed the latest production firmware.
This case was the opposite. It was on the current 2023 production build, but appears to have received the 11.3.3 FSD beta, a 2022 version. Note the New Version and Previous Version on the 2nd line.

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 11.19.04 AM.png

Reactions: willow_hiller
Last edited: