Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
That is weird, I've never had the car decelerate while pushing the juice peddle. In fact it warms you it won't brake, while you are pressing the throttle
I read that as the poster had to keep pushing the throttle to keep the car from decelerating. I've had FSDb keep trying to slow down for a while after a PB event. Every time I would let up on the accelerator, it would slow back down.

That is weird, I've never had the car decelerate while pushing the juice peddle. In fact it warms you it won't brake, while you are pressing the throttle
It didn't decelerate while I was pushing the throttle, it just wouldn't resume at the limit until like a block for a bicycle that didn't even come close to going into the roadway.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
I read that as the poster had to keep pushing the throttle to keep the car from decelerating. I've had FSDb keep trying to slow down for a while after a PB event. Every time I would let up on the accelerator, it would slow back down.
That makes more sense, though I have noticed if you force acceleration, it doesn't always smoothly for back to speed, it slows a second first

Yes. It's like the manual input messes up the speed control loop parameters.

Pretty sure this is an intentional safety thing. Not sure the exact conditions but it happens with old school AP as well.

just saw the MKBD video with 69.3.1 - I thought that what was most interesting was his comment about where it felt best - "on the highway" in other words on AP rather than FSDb.
Which of course is what is being replaced by the bits that don't feel as good, FSDb.
Driving around on 69.3.1 and now 69.25.5 made me even more concerned that V11 is just going to break a pretty ok AP and replace it with the (drive like a teenager on driving lesson #2) FSDb.

Reactions: edseloh and jebinc
Hard to be too optimistic after Elon's false claim that V11 was released on 11/11 at 11 even though it wasn't. For me until we see it actually released am going to remain skeptical. V11/single stack has had more false perceived starts, imminent release timelines and pullbacks in the last year than almost any Tesla/Elon proclamation (excluding Full Self Driving that is coming before the end of A year).

Last edited:
TeslaFi is reporting a 44.25.30 release that has just bug fixes to 10.69.25 -> 10.69.25.1
Interesting that there's vehicles getting 10.69.25.1 / 2022.44.30.5 after first getting 10.69.25 / 2022.44.25.5 including some Model S/X as early as 2016 but Model 3/Y only as old as 2022.

The newly released 2022.44.25.20 potentially with FSD Beta 11(.3?) seems less likely to include those who are on 2022.44.30+, but it's possible for Tesla to merge-in/cherry-pick whatever was needed on that newer branch to support recent deliveries. Although at that point, they might as well bump it up to 2022.44.30.x potentially as 11.3.1(?) for release wider than employees.

Not to offend anyone, but Mars is more a shill than an objective beta tester. FSD is always amazing in his eyes.
Yeah these YouTubers are on crack.. One of the first things when learning (intuitively) or teaching to drive (explicitly). If it's hard to gauge your right (for lhd), or if there are indeterminate markings or a wide lane, you left bias (use the left line) to what you can see and use it to gauge distance.

Granted I'm testing in Southern Utah where there's like 3 car wide two lane roads (1 in each direction, yellow center lines only), but why does the car weave trying to get center of that wide of a lane or tries to see lane lines on the right (there are none). Like seriously this has been a problem for years... Is the neural net drunk or does Tesla do what apparently Musk is doing to Twitter once something is stood up, shed the good employees and get the lowest paid and/or most controllable and overwork them. Have any of these devs even driven a car?

Interesting that there's vehicles getting 10.69.25.1 / 2022.44.30.5 after first getting 10.69.25 / 2022.44.25.5 including some Model S/X as early as 2016 but Model 3/Y only as old as 2022.

The newly released 2022.44.25.20 potentially with FSD Beta 11(.3?) seems less likely to include those who are on 2022.44.30+, but it's possible for Tesla to merge-in/cherry-pick whatever was needed on that newer branch to support recent deliveries. Although at that point, they might as well bump it up to 2022.44.30.x potentially as 11.3.1(?) for release wider than employees.
Maybe we might get back to regular software updates.
That was one of the drawbacks to the more recent FSD versions, in 2020/21 it was a new version every few weeks, then 2022 arrived and it was 5-6 weeks if we were lucky.
It will be good to be back up to the recent releases again.