Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Model 3 & Y with 2023.44.30.2 seems to be the majority of this new release. Model S &X seem to be getting 2023.44.30.6
I'm hoping this also fixes my AC issue :)
One has to assume somebody is getting fired, or at least is under a massive amount of pressure right now. Something went properly wrong with this release to justify so many bug-fix releases so quickly.

One has to assume somebody is getting fired, or at least is under a massive amount of pressure right now. Something went properly wrong with this release to justify so many bug-fix releases so quickly.
It is likely trying to shoehorn too many things into one update. Should have been a Holiday update, then a NHTSA recall and then any FSD Beta changes. 3 different updates.

I think if the 2021 v11 interface holiday release taught us nothing else (well some of us anyway) it’s that pushing so many changes at once is a bad idea. Like then, it feels like they were pushed to hit an arbitrary deadline and rushed things out unfinished.
....and to think some were actually expecting V12 and Grok in this update. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Updating 2023.44.30.5.1 now and expecting 7 more updates. :)
Yea, I got 44.30.2 right before the recall of the recall and now have 44.30.5.1 waiting to download. Since I use my iPhone/hotspot and don't have a ton a data to waste on all the updates to the updates I'm going to wait it out for the final Holiday update 44.30.69.

I actually feel bad for whoever that is. Talking to my wife about it yesterday. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of the sht storm from Elon after this debacle? Almost as embarrassing as the melting yokes or fkd up wipers or vibrations.

otoh, non of that stuff seems to bother him so I’m sure my concern for the person responsible for that is just fine.

par for the course

I am Pi$$ed, no Holiday upate...

I installed 2023.27.7 (FSD 11.4.7.3) on 10-21-23 and just got another firmware update a few minutes ago. Instead of getting 2023.44.30.X (FSD 11.4.9), I got 2023.27.7 (FSD 11.4.7.3) again, 2 months later than the last identical update.

Thanks Elon for nothing!
Everyone got a gift from Elon but you. You must have been very naughty during the year. :)

I am Pi$$ed, no Holiday upate...

I installed 2023.27.7 (FSD 11.4.7.3) on 10-21-23 and just got another firmware update a few minutes ago. Instead of getting 2023.44.30.X (FSD 11.4.9), I got 2023.27.7 (FSD 11.4.7.3) again, 2 months later than the last identical update.

Thanks Elon for nothing!
Do something nice for your customers once or twice and they get mad when it’s not continued year after year.

Some people are so entitled 😃