Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
That’s not part of the FSDb fork, though.

Out of curiosity - what features are the FSDb folks missing out on these days?
Wife’s 3 has this like tabbed window where the music controller is. You slide it and you can pull up your tire pressure. Slide it again and you see your trip info. Only thing that stood out to me the one time I was in her car

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Wife’s 3 has this like tabbed window where the music controller is. You slide it and you can pull up your tire pressure. Slide it again and you see your trip info. Only thing that stood out to me the one time I was in her car
I've got that. If it goes away, the trick is to click on the icon that looks like a musical note, down in the bottom row. Then it will stick around until you accidentally dismiss it. (2022.44.30.10).

Here's another V11 highway drive. This time, in heavy traffic around Chicago.

Interesting, this is closer to the conditions in which I'd use fsdb on the interstate/highway. It doesn't inspire much confidence in me, it looks like letting fsdb control lane choice is going to be as stressful as I expect it to be. There's 3 spots on my drive where current fsdb consistently chooses a very wrong lane to be in. Currently, I can just ignore the lane change prompts, but now... looks like I'll be using fsdb less. I don't like it's merge behavior for heavy traffic at all either. It missed a lot of gaps on that drive waiting until the dangerous last moments before merging. I'd get shot for trying some of those maneuvers here. Bulletproof teslas can't come soon enough.

I'm happy to wait for v11. They need to do something about the lane changing behavior in heavy traffic.

Just a trickle of cars so far. Less than 20 each on teslafi and teslascope. But, definitely more than 11.3.1.

I burned a daily software update check on my car, but no joy...
If it reaches a few hundred safety score cars by the morning then I'll burn mine, there's still a lot of time to get it through Tesla's regional CDNs where checking it now could be useless

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
TeslaFi is showing 41 pending on S/3/X/Y for 2022.45.11 d912f9ed1, so that's significantly more than the 5 there that received 11.3.1 and around a 1% rollout. Teslascope V4 has a fancy new "Pending Versions" display showing the current versions split 19 coming from 2022.44.30.10 / FSD Beta 10.69.25.2, 7 from 2022.45.10 / FSD Beta 11.3.1, and 2 from 2022.44.30.5 / FSD Beta 10.69.25.1, and overall that is also around 1% of that fleet.

So assuming that rollout percentage is generally applicable to the 400k FSD Beta population, around 4000 vehicles should be getting 11.3.2.

For those getting the update, FSD Beta 11.3.2 notes are available from the app and includes one new entry at the end:

Adjusted position of Automatic Blind Spot Camera when FSD Beta is active to prioritize the Autopilot visualization. Drag the camera to save custom positions.​
Would be nice if us with a Model S/X can finally reposition the blind spot camera location like Model 3/Y

I’ve request and been waiting since getting my car 2 months ago and am on 2022.44.100 what’s a good guess for when it’ll be pushed to mine from this rollout?
Nobody knows with any kind of confidence when any particular person will get the update. The only thing that is certain is that you will get an FSD 11.x update soon-ish. If they detect some bug with this initial roll out it may stop prematurely so that they can fix it prior to updating it again for a larger audience.

Patience! This is the final stretch for you!

I’ve request and been waiting since getting my car 2 months ago and am on 2022.44.100 what’s a good guess for when it’ll be pushed to mine from this rollout?

This might explain why you've been held back on the 2022.44 branch, green has found occupancy-network driven Park Assist. So this branch might restore those features to cars without USS. Might be a while until it's merged into the mainstream FSDb branch, though: