Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Looks like this is including new additions to FSD Beta! 🎉 These pending "from" versions I included in the screenshot are all not FSD Beta:
View attachment 923658

Some new vehicles are newly getting added to FSD Beta, but so far no completed installs from 2023 Model 3/Y showing up on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker (neither from 10.x/11.x nor newly added, e.g., from 2022.44.100).
Perhaps an error, but TeslaFi did show one install of 10.3.4 onto a car perviously on 2023.6.8. I wonder if TeslaFi's logic excluded this from your above summary. I wish I have captured the partial VIN, but I posted a screenshot here: Wiki - FSD Beta v11.x

Reactions: FSDtester#1
By crashed do you mean no GPS updates? I have seen this twice in the last two days on 11.3.3. Soft reset fixes it for me. What is really weird is the big display and the little display show my car in two different places, neither one moving. When this happens I can't enabled autopilot. Tells me GPS is not working.

Wonder if this was fixed in 11.3.4? Maybe that was the reason for the update?
This happened with .4, BTW. FSD worked for two blocks and gave up. The GPS wasn’t working I.e. the car wasn’t moving on the map.

Looks like it got ok after a couple of resets and disconnect/reconnect of BT.

I really don’t like that there is now FOUR versions of v11 and as an OG I haven’t got any of them. Sounds like a load of *sugar* to me.

View attachment 923718
You are pretty Random, but perhaps just not random enough!

I posted elsewhere (link) the odds of being selected for this update, based on the idea that, for good reasons, Tesla was making the selections randomly.

So, in keeping with one of many silly premises in Everthing, Everywhere, etc, maybe you just need to be more random. Or patient.

• Love
Just finished installing 11.3.5 on my 23 M3LR and took it for an 8 mile drive to my office and back. Overall it’s much better! With one exception. The car went through a very late yellow light that turned red well before the intersection. I have it on dash cam and will upload some of the video. Surprised the hell out of me.

Just finished installing 11.3.5 on my 23 M3LR and took it for an 8 mile drive to my office and back. Overall it’s much better! With one exception. The car went through a very late yellow light that turned red well before the intersection. I have it on dash cam and will upload some of the video. Surprised the hell out of me.
Better than a spot by me where 69 stops for no reason in the middle of the road lol

Perhaps an error, but TeslaFi did show one install of 11.3.3 onto a car previously on 2023.6.8
TeslaFi isn't great with multiple vehicles on the same account. It seems as if it just mixes together software update history between the vehicles. Here's what looks like someone with 2 Tesla vehicles both receiving 11.x. One vehicle is a 2023 Y USS-less that was added December 19th and just received 11.3.5:
teslafi multiple vehicles 11.x.png

Notice the older vehicle first received FSD Beta 10.12.2 back in June. After getting the second vehicle, the software history jumps between the two vehicles multiple times. The actual update history for the new vehicle was probably only 2022.40.200 then just now 2022.45.14.

So for the vehicle you found "going backwards" could very well be a new vehicle on 2023.6.8 and still on that version while the same owner reusing TeslaFi account had an older vehicle getting FSD Beta 11.3.3.