Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I just finished testing 11.3.5 this morning. Overall it's much better than 10.x.x.x. Lane changing is smooth on both city streets and freeways.
Failed in most situations when the car is required to change lane to the short strip at the corner to make right turn. When turning from the street with 50 mph, the car attempted to move to the right but it did not recognize the dedicated right turn strip, therefore it did not move to the turning lane completely. It attempted to turn wide and a car on the moving lane honked. And it almost turned to the dividing line of the 2 way street. It disengaged and swung the car to the right lane.

Failed to enter freeways twice because the entrances are just 90 degree left turn lanes. This is a tough situation. Many freeway entrances in my are two 90-degree or crooked lane turns.

When exiting the freeway to 45 mph street, the car only recognized 20 mph limit after it's already on the street.

Park assist seems nice although I have not had chance to test thru.

Last edited:
I just finished testing 11.3.5 this morning. Overall it's much better than 10.x.x.x. Lane changing is smooth on both city streets and freeways.
Failed in most situations when the car is required to change lane to the short strip at the corner to make right turn. When turning from the street with 50 mph, the car attempted to move to the right but it did not recognize the dedicated right turn strip, therefore it did not move to the turning lane completely. It attempted to turn wide and a car on the moving lane honked. And it almost turned to the dividing line of the 2 way street. It disengaged and swung the car to the right lane.

Failed to enter freeways twice because the entrances are just 90 degree left turn lanes. This is a tough situation. Many freeway entrances in my are two 90-degree or crooked lane turns.

When exiting the freeway to 45 mph street, the car only recognized 20 mph limit after it's already on the street.

Park assist seems nice although I have not had chance to test thru.
I was out there the last two weeks. The old San Diego area bridges and onramps/offramps were poorly designed albeit for a different era but it's sad many were never updated.