Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
So 11.3.4/5 is 5 days dead (RIP V11) and not a peep of 11.4.6. With Easter it could be that 11.4.6 is end of next week. Then a week to employees and influencers. Then a week or 2 to update current 11.3.x users. Seems I have little hope of getting V11 before May. Cry me a river sad. 😭

Think I'm going to rip that lying worthless sack of shi$ Advanced Button completely off the dash and throw it in the trash. :mad:

IMG_2661.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
The biggest problem I'm having with 11.4.3 is that my car will pull into inappropriate turn lanes when it's supposed to be continuing on straight.

I watch the route planner visualization when I'm driving, and if I'm in the right lane of a 4-lane divided road, and a right turn only lane comes up on my right, the route planner will often show that the car plans to move right into that lane (the blue line switches quickly to that lane and back several times quickly).

Most of the time, it realizes that's not a good idea, and the blue line switches back to the straight path, but sometimes it sticks with it and actually moves into the turn lane incorrectly.

It seems to me that there's some embedded logic that tells my car to stay in the rightmost lane, and I think the car is mis-interpreting the turn lane as a new third lane of traffic continuing on straight.

This sometimes happens with left turn lanes that come up also, but more often with a right turn lane...

The biggest problem I'm having with 11.4.3 is that my car will pull into inappropriate turn lanes when it's supposed to be continuing on straight.

I watch the route planner visualization when I'm driving, and if I'm in the right lane of a 4-lane divided road, and a right turn only lane comes up on my right, the route planner will often show that the car plans to move right into that lane (the blue line switches quickly to that lane and back several times quickly).

Most of the time, it realizes that's not a good idea, and the blue line switches back to the straight path, but sometimes it sticks with it and actually moves into the turn lane incorrectly.

It seems to me that there's some embedded logic that tells my car to stay in the rightmost lane, and I think the car is mis-interpreting the turn lane as a new third lane of traffic continuing on straight.

This sometimes happens with left turn lanes that come up also, but more often with a right turn lane...
THIS! 11 always moves into this same right turn lane on my commute. Never had a problem here on 69. It is very annoying.

The rate of these incremental updates has me wondering if they've successfully implemented a version of "Project Vacation." The voice reports of disengagements may be responsible for closing that loop:

1. Disengagement clips are uploaded to Tesla with voice reports.
2. Voice reports are converted to text and parsed with a language model to determine issue.
3. Tesla queries the fleet for similar clips with similar failures.
4. Batch of clips used to retrain network.
5. Simulations assess whether issue in voice reports are solved by retraining. If not, return to step 3.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The rate of these incremental updates has me wondering if they've successfully implemented a version of "Project Vacation." The voice reports of disengagements may be responsible for closing that loop:

1. Disengagement clips are uploaded to Tesla with voice reports.
2. Voice reports are converted to text and parsed with a language model to determine issue.
3. Tesla queries the fleet for similar clips with similar failures.
4. Batch of clips used to retrain network.
5. Simulations assess whether issue in voice reports are solved by retraining. If not, return to step 3.
I hope so. I am “flooding the zone” with disengagements for late slowing for red lights.

I recommend all do the same, to quickly eliminate this high priority issue.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Can't say what triggers them, but the 1 trip I got no nags, I was thinking, how come no nags? Then I took a mental snapshot. My left hand was barely on the wheel, bottom left. My right elbow was resting on the armrest. I also was not moving around at all, almost like a statue, slightly leaning towards the armrest, but definitely more centered than usual. My eyes were directly forward and I never touched my phone or touchscreen. Of course this could be anecdotal. I will attempt the exact same route in the morning doing the exact same things and report back.
Just repeated same drive. 1 nag now after 6 miles this time (further than yesterday)and 4 turns. No interventions or disengagements. Nag happened when I took a sip of coffee ☕️.
As soon as I grabbed it the cup, I was like "frigging idiot ".... so some adjustment may have been made.

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and MarcG
This will be the version that doesn't want to kill @AlanSubie4Life ...(for once)
It will also be the version that ends in demise for @Ramphex and @WilliamG and @jebinc as those 3 will give it one more shot and well....😈
EM has been reading the forums and is going to give you 3 a "special " version!

Edit: Come on boys, I left you some lay ups in there, take the shot, but make it funny 😁!
I’ll channel my inner jeb: “this version is already DOA! TGC strikes again!” 🤣

This will be the version that doesn't want to kill @AlanSubie4Life ...(for once)
It will also be the version that ends in demise for @Ramphex and @WilliamG and @jebinc as those 3 will give it one more shot and well....😈
EM has been reading the forums and is going to give you 3 a "special " version!

Edit: Come on boys, I left you some lay ups in there, take the shot, but make it funny 😁!
You forgot me. This is the version that will certify my car and only my car for L3 on the highway so I can watch Netflix on ccontrolled access highways and text to the forum members:)

Car attempted to run two red lights on 11.3.4 today. As much as I hate government intervention, I am fed up with this product that is still a piece of crap after six years. I hope it is pulled from the market.
I think we would all feel better if this junk was free when we got it lol
I know .... free market sucks ;)

I know .... free market sucks ;)
I don’t mind paying for something that works great, but this doesn’t, and by the time they figure anything out I’ll be trading my car in. Sure as hell won’t pay $15k for this *sugar* lol. Pretty good chance I’ll never get to experience the end product of what I paid for.