Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I don’t mind paying for something that works great, but this doesn’t, and by the time they figure anything out I’ll be trading my car in. Sure as hell won’t pay $15k for this *sugar* lol. Pretty good chance I’ll never get to experience end product of what I paid for.
I believe the "correct" way to deal with this is through litigation ... not regulation ;)

This will be the version that doesn't want to kill @AlanSubie4Life ...(for once)
It will also be the version that ends in demise for @Ramphex and @WilliamG and @jebinc as those 3 will give it one more shot and well....😈
EM has been reading the forums and is going to give you 3 a "special " version!

Edit: Come on boys, I left you some lay ups in there, take the shot, but make it funny 😁!
Okay, I'll bite (smile)... Sure, since I purchased a much larger trash bin last week, I will turn FSD back on and will try this forth failed attempt at releasing v11 "wide"!
@WilliamG @Ramphex @AlanSubie4Life

Just repeated same drive. 1 nag now after 6 miles this time (further than yesterday)and 4 turns. No interventions or disengagements. Nag happened when I took a sip of coffee ☕️.
As soon as I grabbed it the cup, I was like "frigging idiot ".... so some adjustment may have been made.
Okay, just did same drive again, no nags for 5 miles. I should of intervened on a slow turn but said F it, they can wait. I am going for no nags.
No coffee, no phone, no touchscreen interactions..

• Informative
Reactions: SSDTester#1
Still beta software. Or have we forgotten?
Now I didn’t pay $10000 or $15000 so maybe my opinions here do not count for much. I was lucky enough to get offered the subscription. So for me, I am happy and feel that finally with v11.3.4, this leading edge AI based “nearly autonomous” driving system is certainly worth the $99/mo. My son bought FSD at full price for his refresh X and certainly feels differently as he has different goals. Wants to be able to pay less or no attention at all behind the wheel. I like the extra safety as I am for sure a human being who does get board with the mundane highway driving. The nags are a good thing for all of us lazy asses.
Note that I always pay attention in high traffic situations when FSD is engaged.
I think those who are upset do have a right to litigate or get a refund if disatisfied. Hands down have a right. I also think you should be offered subscription price in addition to a full refund. Tesla oversold and set the wrong expectations and funded this like a kickstarter. Is reputation important to Tesla? Doesn’t seem to be their focus outwardly. I am really liking the new stack and I think it will just keep getting better. Unfortunately, it will most definitely reach the a limitation with the current generation of hw3. Elon is of course down playing this although he said as much(safer than human). He also said that upgrading path is “no practical” meaning not gonna happen.
so is there a legal case here?

Good wifi, patience, soft reboot, and if that doesn't work start Schilling...
As I have stated WiFi has nothing to do with getting into the queue since the notification is sent over LTE. Then you are prompted to connect to WiFi for the download. I know well since I have never had WiFi in 4 years.

Also the last MCU reboot I did (last week hoping for V11) caused a FULL factory reset. Needles to say I'm a little leery of hitting those 2 buttons again. See link

As I have stated WiFi has nothing to do with getting into the queue since the notification is sent over LTE. Then you are prompted to connect to WiFi for the download. I know well since I have never had WiFi in 4 years.

Also the last MCU reboot I did (last week hoping for V11) caused a FULL factory reset. Needles to say I'm a little leery of hitting those 2 buttons again. See link

Got it, I thought you were saying you can't get it to complete the install. I heard some people saying they couldn't complete the installation after the download.
Shoot, that means you are still doing 69?
If so, Schilling might be the only way

• Funny
Reactions: SSDTester#1