Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Is there any known way to speed up a map update?
I know they happen very infrequently, but would like to get the latest update.
Some cars on TeslaFi are now reporting new maps so maybe this is the start of a larger map update. NA-2022-44-14515
How much that helps FSD is anybody's guess. No feedback so far.

This morning I took my regular large roundabout and instead of stopping like it's done a hundred times I rolled thru at 8mph. Needless to say I was surprised and checked my maps to see if I had gotten updated. Nope. Next time thru on the same roundabout today it stopped. Go figure!

I believe you, but not enough details in that statement.
Ok, driving on a 45 mph street and the first time it happened, I approached a red light and there was no one in front of me. The car seemed to slow down as “FSD-normal” initially, which is to say it slowed pretty late. But as I got close to the stopping point for the red light the car started accelerating and it took pretty heavy manual braking to stop in time.

The second time was similar. There was no third time as I shut off FSD. What a cluster f.

I have had one Tesla for six years and the other for five years so driver experience with FSD is not the issue. If I could get an FSD refund I’d be happy to go back to my old EAP as it at least worked pretty reliably albeit without the streets features.

Last edited:
We’re all suckers, alas.
Our MY was delivered in Dec 2020, a 2021 model. We paid $8 for FSD, which at that time seemed steep, but it added several features which were already then functional and some of which we use regularly. I wish I'd taken screen shots of the descriptions at the time we ordered, but from memory we got, in addition to the standard autopilot functions:
  • Navigate on Autopilot
  • Automatic lane change
  • AutoPark
  • Summon
  • Smart Summon
The lane change feature was the most important of the lot, and has been quite useful, though we kept it in Confirmation Required mode.

The current Advanced version includes these, I think, for a similar price. The increment to FSD which handles city streets is what we have been calling FSD beta, I think.

I just wanted to remind us that the current $15k FSD price includes some features which are working OK, and have been for a few years now.

I am OK with FSD beta being a work in progress, though I'm not clear on how useful it will be even if all the problems are fixed. Today we would probably opt for the Advance Autopilot package and not FSD, but we don't plan to face that decision any time soon.

Perhaps I missed it... What version of it are you running? Junk 4.0 or Junk 3.0?
Junk 4.0, I do have about 25k miles of FSDb, so maybe they are giving me some leeway?

Yes, I use it 100% of the time for all my drives.

Only exception, when some Mustang, Demon, Porsche, Motorcycle, etc happen to be at the light with me and want to have a go. I guess they don't believe the videos on YouTube not to mess with us. They learn quickly...

Last edited:
Junk 4.0, I do have about 25k miles of FSDb, so maybe they are giving me some leeway?

Yes, I use it 100% of the time for all my drives.

Only exception, when some Mustang, Demon, Porsche, Motorcycle, etc happen to be at the light with me and want to have a go. I guess they don't believe the videos on YouTube not to mess with us. They learn quickly...
Wait, so you have 11.3.6?

22.45.15/11.3.6 release notes. Think I'm on schedule to replace my 10.69 with 11.3.69, so not getting too excited.

11.3.6 release notes. Think I'm on schedule to replace my 10.69 with 11.3.69, so not getting too excited.

Yep...it's on the way to a few.

1680992454073.png

22.45.15/11.3.6 release notes. Think I'm on schedule to replace my 10.69 with 11.3.69, so not getting too excited.

Would be nice if there are some improvements over 11.3.3, .4, and .5 but probably too early.

Looks like the voice reports are leading to increased uploads. Just over 19 GB uploaded by my car in the last 3 days:
Would it be practical for you to try intentionally not making voice reports for one day with a similar number of similar disengagements? Maybe their real trigger for the uploaded large data is related just to disengagement, or to events of their choosing, or ... It would be quite interesting if the user choice to make a voice report has a discernible impact.

I'm not arguing--just hungry for data.