Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Maybe more indication that 2023.12.10 is main production software with some base version of FSD Beta going forwards starting with 11.3.6? Not only is TeslaFi is showing some more countries than I listed yesterday: Australia, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom; it's also going to vehicles without Autopilot or and those without HW3+, e.g., a 2013 S AP0, 2015 S AP1, 2019 3 AP2.5.

So potentially soon this version will go wide around the world including those without FSD Capability. This will really make subscribing and purchasing to try out FSD Beta seamless as there would not need to be a wait for Tesla to push out a special FSD Beta version to the vehicle.

To be clear, the software and neural networks for FSD Beta are part of 2023.12.10 going worldwide, but the ability to change the setting to FSD Beta is software locked with checks for hardware, purchase, region, etc.

These observations seem to match up with @verygreen's inspection such as it going to AP0/1 cars, so maybe we'll get some more insights into how Shadow Mode might make use of FSD Beta neural networks around the world? Maybe some indication that FSD Beta will start powering basic Autopilot?

Yep, at least once I can recall
Did you happen to monitor the vehicle's data usage after FSD Beta came really close to another vehicle? At least here, it's been uploading all night long totaling 34GB so far, so I suppose one way to get video sent back to Tesla is to get within 12" of another vehicle at high speeds.

11.3.6 upload after STOP alert.png

Separately, maybe we should upgrade our internet connection as FSD Beta has uploaded many terabytes of data causing our connection to be throttled a little bit. It sometimes is a bottleneck in testing FSD Beta and clearing the local storage in time for the next drive to collect more video.

Did you happen to monitor the vehicle's data usage after FSD Beta came really close to another vehicle? At least here, it's been uploading all night long totaling 34GB so far, so I suppose one way to get video sent back to Tesla is to get within 12" of another vehicle at high speeds.

View attachment 940944

Separately, maybe we should upgrade our internet connection as FSD Beta has uploaded many terabytes of data causing our connection to be throttled a little bit. It sometimes is a bottleneck in testing FSD Beta and clearing the local storage in time for the next drive to collect more video.
Screenshot_20230525-121925.png

I've had about a gig every couple days before FSD beta then about a gig a day after. I assumed the uploads before FSD were because it was in shadow mode for hardware 4. Screenshot_20230525-121925.png

Reactions: Optimeer

So, my car doesn't have access to wifi. Is anything we feedback we record on FSDb being sent back to Tesla?

So, my car doesn't have access to wifi. Is anything we feedback we record on FSDb being sent back to Tesla?
Who knows, and even if you do connect to WiFi, who knows. Could be it just goes into a blackhole or it could be all sent or it could be sent only if certain criteria is meet or..........🤷‍♂️

EDIT: The influencers still have the Camera icon also. So it is likely that Tesla acquires that data since they selectively give them the button to report.

Last edited:
Tesla continuing to push software teams to handle hardware changes. Looks like Model Y made in Texas are starting to get delivered with HW4. Here's a vehicle spotted by TeslaInfo already sold being delivered to Burbank CA: 2023 Tesla MY AWD in In transit to Burbank CA US listed at Sold

And that delivery center already has some Model Ys with a dummy front camera:

Presumably because S/X already have basic Autopilot working on HW4 and some of those vehicles are on FSD Beta 11.4.1, hopefully new deliveries of these Y will get FSD Beta soon.

This will really make subscribing and purchasing to try out FSD Beta seamless as there would not need to be a wait for Tesla to push out a special FSD Beta version to the vehicle.
I've been wondering if maybe this is why they released 2023.12.10 (11.3.6). The 100 or 200 per month subscription price seem like a better option than $15,000 up front. But we've seen several posts about folks not subscribing, or dropping the subscription because they were on 2023 versions while 11.3.6 was on 2022.

So, perhaps giving the option of subscription but blocking installation of FSD beta might have made it hard for Tesla to really gauge the uptake of FSDby new buyers under the current pricing. This would make forecasts unreliable. And adding $15,000 to the sale of a $50,000 car, while a 30% increase in revenue is a vastly larger percentage increase in profit.

It seems odd that it took this long for the finance people to convince the software development people to fix what the pricing people broke with their buy/subscribe option.

Anyway, I hope they can manage to keep FSD in sync with the production releases going forward. Soon, I hope, too.

Last edited:
Did a local bike ride about 50 minutes away that involved some 2-lane roads on the route back after checking out a new supercharger ...
... and, wow, FSD was screwing up a lot. It seemed like it wanted to pass the car ahead of me on the 2-lane road and occasionally would head toward a righthand side curb if going through a suburb where there was a 2-lane road. It seemed really inconsistent when it would do it but maybe 4 times passing and 2-3 times heading toward a curb. I thought maybe the bikes on the back were impacting it but it was working 99% of the time.

luHH520.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ