Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Same version when I picked up the car. 2023.20.100.1. Anxious to see if anything happens over the next couple of days.
Looks like Tesla is now pushing FSD Beta 11.4.4 / 2023.26.11 to vehicles that had been waiting on factory version 2023.20.100.1. Did you get it?

Although nothing yet for those on slightly newer factory 2023.20.200.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Looks like Tesla is now pushing FSD Beta 11.4.4 / 2023.26.11 to vehicles that had been waiting on factory version 2023.20.100.1. Did you get it?

Yes, just got 2023.26.11 this evening on my new Model Y with FSD version 11.4.4. This was the version I had prior to upgrading to a new Model Y. Looking forward to a 160 mile drive tomorrow, mostly on highways but enough local roads to see if there are any changes in behavior with HW4. Not expecting any though. Just glad to have FSD back even though 11.4.4 had a lot of regressions for me but as we know sometimes versions seem to improve over time.

Installing now on my HW4 Y.

It continues to steer, but from my experience the steering becomes bad/uncomfortable if you force it through turns.
I have to push it all the time it's hesitating at intersections. Driving around with 11.4.4 on '23 MYLR HW4.

Wheel oscillations got particularly wild today when the car saw a pedestrian at the corner talking on their phone and actively moving back and forth...
apparently nascent AGI is fascinated with the angry ape behavior

Last edited:
  • Informative
Have I missed .7 going to HW4? Is this fake?
You missed it.
If you go to the TeslaFi page for this release:

You'll find a table of individual car installs part-way down the page. While by default it is sorted by install time-stamp, you can sort by the Autopilot Ver column. That shows two TeslaFi subscribers with HW4 have gotten this version, one with a model X Plaid, and one with a model S Plaid.

As not everyone gives Teslfa their credentials, that probably means there are at least a dozen out there, likely more.

Just adding another broken auto wiper with 20203.7.30.
What's really funny is for the last 3 months I have to turn the auto wiper on every drive (actually re-engage the "auto" function) because after the car sleeps it turns off.
Service had it for 3 days and could not find anything wrong.
Now this update seems to have fixed it because it now stays engaged, but now they simply do not work...can't make this stuff up!

So I couldn’t resist updating to 11.4.7 despite saying I wouldn’t due to my auto wipers likely broken now. I did it for the camera changes. Wow is it better.

This is in a pitch black garage. My iPhone 14 Pro Max is exaggerating the pink tinge to the repeaters, but even so - this is a massive improvement in color accuracy. 30 mins time difference between photos. Car had not moved, and the light (or lack thereof) had not changed, since it’s the middle of the night. There is a blue light from a drinks fridge and a security camera in the rear left, which explains the difference in the repeaters in 11.4.7.

11.4.6:

1693461202406.jpeg

11.4.7:

1693461316760.jpeg

The difference/improvement also makes it a lot easier to make out details at night. I don’t know if that makes any difference to what the car can now see…

Last edited: