Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
23.32.1 is now rolling out. So 23.7.x is now 6 months old. Starting to feel like the Early in Early Access means early software (like an early model car).

Damn Tesla if V11 is in a lull (pending V12 work) release 23.32.x with 11.4.7 to EVERYONE and get us of this ancient software.

Although wouldn't be surprised if Tesla releases 23.32.x with 11.4.8 and keeps us "Early Access" stuck on 23.7.30/11.4.7. 🤬
Was thinking the exact same thing when I saw week 32 release. This really is poor. It’s like you get double-punished for wasting money on FSD. You get FSDj, and you get pretty much no regular software updates all year.

Reactions: jebinc
Is Autopilot still limited to +5mph over posted speed limit off freeway? I tried ditching FSD a year or so ago and that made me switched back.

Yes it is. That would be the only thing I actually liked about FSDB. I just use TACC and steer myself on rare occasion or just press the go pedal to keep up with traffic.

Grrr. This is so frustrating.
  1. Tesla could easily fix Autosteer. But they don't. Even +10mph would be enough that I no longer feel like a road rage target.
  2. Tesla could easily fix TACC. But they don't. Dumb it down so it only slows when the car in front of you slows. Not for FSD obv. - I understand the need for extra caution there but when in just TACC (or TACC+Autosteer), it is just cruise control.
  3. Tesla could easily fix FSDb. But they don't. Just add a "Lane Change Confirmation" option and it would be pretty sweet. Phantom braking is largely predictable so that doesn't bother me nearly as much as bouncing back and forth and jumping into the wrong lane just before a turn.
I paid $6k for FSD five years ago and today still, not only do I not have FSD but I don't have a single working drivers assist feature (except, perhaps, EAB). I'm loving my F150 Lightning. BlueCruise just works. Nothing fancy but it does it well. Hand free on the freeway, too. Considering it also has rear cross traffic warning, 360 camera view, blind spot warning and numerous other features, my Model 3 and Model S feel dated and just aren't as fun to drive.

View attachment 971688View attachment 971688View attachment 971689

It’s a bright, bright, bright…sunshine-ey day….
Probably doesn’t like the haze film under the camera housing on the inside surface (inevitable, can be cleaned, but involved process). Also could be window glass chips.

And it also might do this with no impairments at all if glare just is not managed correctly. Not saying it will work if optical quality is perfect.

Tough to distinguish rain from filth or sparkling glass chips when it is all out of focus! Tough problem! Might be tougher than self-driving.

Reactions: DrGriz and mtndrew1
Probably doesn’t like the haze film under the camera housing on the inside surface (inevitable, can be cleaned, but involved process). Also could be window glass chips.

And it also might do this with no impairments at all if glare just is not managed correctly. Not saying it will work if optical quality is perfect.

Tough to distinguish rain from filth or sparkling glass chips when it is all out of focus! Tough problem! Might be tougher than self-driving.
It’s 11.4.7 that’s the culprit. I’ve had ZERO false wipes all summer in Seattle, and then right after 11.4.7 it’s wiping wiping wiping. Oh, and doesn’t wipe when it is raining. This has been widely reported.

It’s 11.4.7 that’s the culprit. I’ve had ZERO false wipes all summer in Seattle, and then right after 11.4.7 it’s wiping wiping wiping. Oh, and doesn’t wipe when it is raining. This has been widely reported.
Oh sure - I have noticed the same. My windshield has quite a lot of pitting and in addition there is the film in the camera housing - and I wonder if that is why 11.4.7 is broken?

But maybe it wipes better when it is actually raining (hence the change).

Clearly it has been retrained, and is now screwed up. No arguments there. The question is whether impairments make it worse.

It is possible for it to both be impairments AND the software.

When these photos were taken the car was ten days old with about 500 miles on the odometer.

The wipers just suck.

When these photos were taken the car was ten days old with about 500 miles on the odometer.

The wipers just suck.
Oh that is good information. Forgot you had done the trade in.

So certainly narrows it down to the new release. (Now I don’t need to worry about trying to clean the camera portion of the windshield.)

We can only hope it wipes more reliably when raining, as a consolation prize. 😂

Grrr. This is so frustrating.
  1. Tesla could easily fix Autosteer. But they don't. Even +10mph would be enough that I no longer feel like a road rage target.
  2. Tesla could easily fix TACC. But they don't. Dumb it down so it only slows when the car in front of you slows. Not for FSD obv. - I understand the need for extra caution there but when in just TACC (or TACC+Autosteer), it is just cruise control.
  3. Tesla could easily fix FSDb. But they don't. Just add a "Lane Change Confirmation" option and it would be pretty sweet. Phantom braking is largely predictable so that doesn't bother me nearly as much as bouncing back and forth and jumping into the wrong lane just before a turn.
I paid $6k for FSD five years ago and today still, not only do I not have FSD but I don't have a single working drivers assist feature (except, perhaps, EAB). I'm loving my F150 Lightning. BlueCruise just works. Nothing fancy but it does it well. Hand free on the freeway, too. Considering it also has rear cross traffic warning, 360 camera view, blind spot warning and numerous other features, my Model 3 and Model S feel dated and just aren't as fun to drive.
I have to agree. My son has a Ford Mach E GT and the fact that he can drive on the highway without ANY steering wheel nags is very nice. Why is Tesla so late to party on this capability? Even if it’s only on Highway it would be a huge help.

I'm on 11.4.7 but haven't used it outside of highway driving. If we're to believe Elon when he tweeted (Xed?) that they ignore nearly all of the data they receive, I've decided to save myself the frustration and check out for a while. That being said, it did give me a nice chuckle this morning. Yesterday, on my commute to work, I got one and only one incredibly random dry wiper activation (I was driving manually, but had auto wipers turned on.) This morning, it did it again, IN THE EXACT SAME PHYSICAL SPOT. Or maybe Tesla programmed my car to trigger a wipe at 7:42 AM every day regardless of where I am. Who knows :)

Car turned on right turn signal twice today. Once on my driveway and once after getting going on the first local road. No AP/FSDb and no route. Ghost in the machine for sure
Okay, now I'm interested. Your car turned on the turn signal entirely on its own without any ADAS system engaged? That sounds like a hardware problem you need to get fixed ASAP.

One thing that can help - next time your signals come on for no reason, press the voice button and say "bug report". Note the date/time of the report and then open a service ticket for the problem and reference the bug report you just took. Techs will review the telemetry from the car, which can help them find where the problem is.