Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
As expected, they go no where, or get prioritized by more often reported by more users, to be addressed, as the other ones just die in some report landfill and I keep experiencing the same issues in the same areas.

I'm guessing it must be a manual process of correcting the map metadata. For months now, this one route I drive attempted to merge to the right immediately before two successive left turns, and on the way back home, would make a right turn into a bus lane and stay there.

Updated to v11.4.7, no difference. Still on map 2022.44.

Then, after months of 2-3 disengagements per drive on this route, it did the route perfectly today. No attempted right merged, and then on the way home it made the right turn into the middle lane (avoiding the bus lane).

I used to report stuff every single day. As expected, they go no where, or get prioritized by more often reported by more users, to be addressed, as the other ones just die in some report landfill and I keep experiencing the same issues in the same areas. I’ve even written emails to FSDbeta’s email. If you were wondering about the response time, they never responded.

I think it would be better to not have a report button, than have a report button that does nothing, only making the users waste their time to falsely feel more relevant “contributing data to the coolest thing ever”
I am going to report you to the Tmc moderators for being allowed to post.
Oh wait, they already delete 99% of your posts!!!

Tesla feeds tens, if not hundreds of thousands of video clips into the training system. Reporting something is important, but it is combined with enormous amounts of other data from the FSD Beta fleet. It may be weighted higher than other feeds, but likely not as statistically relevant as you hope it would be.

That light was not on because the oncoming truck that is traveling in the far left lane (shown in your screenshot), but because of the previous truck that was in the lane immediately adjacent.

If you rewind the video 2 seconds you'll see that first truck pass in the closest lane to the new 3. Only after it passes and is in the 3's blind spot does that light flash on for a fraction of a second.

Now, the question rightly posed is: why does one need to know a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction is in one's blind spot?
That... was my point? I realize it's not on because of the truck in front. It's going off each time a vehicle passes the repeaters. Also, if Tesla seriously just put one LED on the driver's side... I will laugh. The most Tesla thing ever. It really appears, based on the wording, that this is exactly what they did.

1694139898685.png

That... was my point? I realize it's not on because of the truck in front. It's going off each time a vehicle passes the repeaters. Also, if Tesla seriously just put one LED on the driver's side... I will laugh. The most Tesla thing ever. It really appears, based on the wording, that this is exactly what they did.

View attachment 971842
Sad…truely sad…

It doesn't. Last week it was raining and my wipers didn't come on at all.
Maybe they got an extra inversion in the code somewhere!!! Sad, can’t get good help these days.
That light was not on because the oncoming truck that is traveling in the far left lane (shown in your screenshot),
Yeah, as mentioned, not what was being claimed.

Going off when traffic is not even traveling the correct direction seems pretty Beta, and pretty distracting too!

Maybe they got an extra inversion in the code somewhere!!! Sad, can’t get good help these days.

Yeah, as mentioned, not what was being claimed.

Going off when traffic is not even traveling the correct direction seems pretty Beta, and pretty distracting too!
It's rubbish, is what it is, - if as described in the manual. If there's one LED on each side, and they can figure out how to make it work without, you know - traffic going the opposite direction triggering it, then fine - sure. But if it's just the one LED on the driver's side to indicate a car in either blind spot, I'd rather not have it on. It would cause me more anxiety to have it enabled.

Also, the fact that it's even having these issues gives me all sorts of confidence in FSD, let me tell you.

Oh, and my wipers, for a second day in a row, wiping like crazy during the beautiful evening here in Seattle. Thanks, 11.4.7!

It's rubbish, is what it is, - if as described in the manual. If there's one LED on each side, and they can figure out how to make it work without, you know - traffic going the opposite direction triggering it, then fine - sure. But if it's just the one LED on the driver's side to indicate a car in either blind spot, I'd rather not have it on. It would cause me more anxiety to have it enabled.

Also, the fact that it's even having these issues gives me all sorts of confidence in FSD, let me tell you.

Oh, and my wipers, for a second day in a row, wiping like crazy during the beautiful evening here in Seattle. Thanks, 11.4.7!
Looks like they are giving the junk away for free now? How does THAT chap your @$$?

IMG_8628.png

Reactions: SSDTester#1
Tesla feeds tens, if not hundreds of thousands of video clips into the training system. Reporting something is important, but it is combined with enormous amounts of other data from the FSD Beta fleet. It may be weighted higher than other feeds, but likely not as statistically relevant as you hope it would be.
What’s your source for this? You just know it? Or is this more speculations? The problem is that they don’t even bother to spend a little bit of time to communicate with their “beta testers” or make videos showing how some things work behind the scenes, to reassure us that we’re not just cash cows.

Instead they make this…

Then they sit back, as we fork over millions of dollars, while they spend many years “rewriting” the code over and over. The only communications we get are changelog full of mumbo jumbo that yields in no significant real life Improvements.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
The turn I regularly take from a somewhat rural road onto my rural road was handled the worse I’ve seen yet on 11.4.7. In fact, it was handled fine on 11.4.2 & .3. 11.4.4 & .7 have been by far the worst. This evening takes the cake. Almost driving off the road toward the left and right sides. Swerving betwix the two side of my road. This was fine way back back on 10.3 iirc. Artificial Ignorance is more like it. How hard is it to keep right to stay out of the lane of oncoming traffic?! Also had it over react for non-threatening vehicles in adjacent lanes a few times today. Tri-axle dump truck in adjacent lane, car is STILL doing this way dumb path planning to “avoid” a vehicle which posed no threat. Looks dumb as hell. Very stupid. Had it stop mid turn in a few turns as well, when NO OTHER VEHICLES are present. Come on….

Also sick of the slowing for pedestrians on the other side of the road, which are no where near my vehicle. Still slowing way to much for pedestrians on MY side of the road, and not moving over enough for them soon enough. It’s like the opposite of what drivers Ed taught me 35years ago? Do these members of the AP team even drive? Or is it all a simulation for them?

On the plus, parked vehicles/stationary vehicles are handled relatively well. A lot of this was handled better on way back to 10.3.X.

Oh, and lane selection…. Both 11.4.4 and .7 have been the worse yet.

.1 miles till upcoming left turn, let’s get into the far right lane… are you f@cking kidding me? It’s literally the exact opposite of what you should do…. What do I know, I just drive 30,000miles a year for work. Thanks.

Edit:
I have 126mile round trip route planned for later today, it will probably drive it flawlessly, as it’s rural and only has a few turns, but we’ll see…

Oh boy. I came to see today's latest wisdom from my fellow beta testers, and I find myself in the middle of a spelling bee from the "Jeerleading" squad...

Gimme a J !
Gimme a U !
Gimme an N !
Gimme a K !
Whaduzzit spell?
FsD !!

Yay!

it's okay guys, as long as I don't have to see any of you jumping around in miniskirts and waving pom poms. Then I'd have to close my eyes and look away for 10 minutes, and that's just not allowed by my car anymore.

Oh boy. I came to see today's latest wisdom from my fellow beta testers, and I find myself in the middle of a spelling bee from the "Jeerleading" squad...

Gimme a J !
Gimme a U !
Gimme an N !
Gimme a K !
Whaduzzit spell?
FsD !!

Yay!

it's okay guys, as long as I don't have to see any of you jumping around in miniskirts and waving pom poms. Then I'd have to close my eyes and look away for 10 minutes, and that's just not allowed by my car anymore.
You know you’d be peeking through your fingers while covering your face, don’t lie. J will give you a strike while at it too!