Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with it saying no space or unavailable almost every drive. I remove the sandisk SSD I have that has partitions for steam and 64 GB for the car and according to Steam I have plenty of room on the drive.

Is that the issue you are having?
No, I just feel like sentry should have been triggered in certain instances, and nothing shows up as being recorded. Live camera works fine on the app.

I'm the opposite I want FSD to drive just like I do. With a perfect driving record since 1968 (not even a moving violation) Elon should have his AI FSD team use my driving for V12;). One problem with that though I do roll stop signs most of the time.
Well, I have never had an accident either and only 2 speeding tickets since 1969 but for me, it's like a NASCAR driver, I doubt those guys would want to ride with their automated selves either. It's about control. Not that I drive like a NASCAR driver, just to make a point about trusting only your known skills with a certain level of risk. I can be an aggressive driver, but I trained for that. I also do medical procedures I would only allow certain known people to do on me. Not an AI certainly. I have had robotic surgery, but I knew and trusted the guy driving the robot. I should add that I don't care anything about driving fast, just efficiently. 0-60 speed is irrelevant to me, maneuverability is not. So no, I wouldn't want FSD to drive like I do. I don't teach my students and residents to practice medicine exactly as I do either, that wouldn't safely work for them. I teach them the basics, refinement is up to them.

Last edited:
Well, I have never had an accident either and only 2 speeding tickets since 1969 but for me, it's like a NASCAR driver, I doubt those guys would want to ride with their automated selves either. It's about control. Not that I drive like a NASCAR driver, just to make a point about trusting only your known skills with a certain level of risk. I can be an aggressive driver, but I trained for that. I also do medical procedures I would only allow certain known people to do on me. Not an AI certainly. I have had robotic surgery, but I knew and trusted the guy driving the robot. I should add that I don't care anything about driving fast, just efficiently. 0-60 speed is irrelevant to me, maneuverability is not. So no, I wouldn't want FSD to drive like I do. I don't teach my students and residents to practice medicine exactly as I do either, that wouldn't safely work for them. I teach them the basics, refinement is up to them.
Well with your great driving record Tesla should just blend our skills and voila there will be a really safe version of FSD :) . Of course with the B-pillar problem still not resolved with HW4 FSD cannot drive as safely as it should.. Of the 4 routes out of my neighborhood only one can now be handled safely by FSD due to obstructed views by bushes/shrubs. It was 4 out of 4 but I asked my next neighbor if they wouldn't mind pruning their bushes on the corner which they did, but I digress.

One problem with that though I do roll stop signs most of the time.
With all these cameras, FSD should be able to tell if there are any police nearby, better than you do.

Better still, if Teslas could ID patrol cars and share the location with other Teslas, that would improve the performance of TACC. Call it Police Aware Cruise Control, PACC.

Seriously though, the thought that FSD has been required to enforce rules which law enforcement generally chooses not to enforce is truly odd. Will they soon require Tesla cars to report the driver for exceeding the posted speed limit? Oh, and the cabin cam can provide positive identification of the offender. RoboTaxi&Cop.

At least we can still tap the accelerator to shorten FSD's habit to pause, take a breath, and look around before proceeding.

With all these cameras, FSD should be able to tell if there are any police nearby, better than you do.

Better still, if Teslas could ID patrol cars and share the location with other Teslas, that would improve the performance of TACC. Call it Police Aware Cruise Control, PACC.

Seriously though, the thought that FSD has been required to enforce rules which law enforcement generally chooses not to enforce is truly odd. Will they soon require Tesla cars to report the driver for exceeding the posted speed limit? Oh, and the cabin cam can provide positive identification of the offender. RoboTaxi&Cop.

At least we can still tap the accelerator to shorten FSD's habit to pause, take a breath, and look around before proceeding.
Honestly if it could brake normally, without spilling my coffee, during normal driving conditions, that would be a great start.

Crazy how much of a difference updated maps mean for FSD. Far fewer interventions and weird lane decisions in my neighborhood since getting a 2023 map update. Before the update it would just stutter and get very confused. Tesla really needs to do a better job of getting up to date maps to their cars. My version was over a 14 months old I think before the update.

Crazy how much of a difference updated maps mean for FSD. Far fewer interventions and weird lane decisions in my neighborhood since getting a 2023 map update. Before the update it would just stutter and get very confused. Tesla really needs to do a better job of getting up to date maps to their cars. My version was over a 14 months old I think before the update.
Would be nice if they would continue the rollout…I’m still waiting on mine!