Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Wonder if those releases follow the same year.week logic.
It uses the same release week nomenclature (hate to call it logic after yesterday's drive 🤪 ). However we know that the Navigation data files does get "invisible" Delta updates. [conjecture] Probably the main advantage of getting an update is for driving "out of town". I bet most Deltas you get cover changes in your local driving area.

Oy vey, you got 2023.32.9 already? In Hebrew even? After schleping around for god knows how long with that junk 23.11? And don't be a real meshuggeneh, will you? It's going to take some real chutzpah to drive that 2023.32.9..........Ah, this is all making me a bit verklempt........
because it'll schlepp from one place to another?

I see this all the time in my rural area. Usually it slams on the brakes as soon as it sees the sign. It would be nice if they would update maps in rural areas.

Joe

The 2023 map update did not fix one rural road near me that has a few stop signs. Car just wants to blow through them at 60. I rarely travel this road, maybe twice a year, maybe it will be fixed the next go around.

For me, on my second MY, the wipers have always performed acceptably in the rain. However now I have a problem. Sometimes, but not always, when I start to drive out of my garage they will make two passes and stop. The windscreen is totally dry (Arizona, no rain in memory!). Any suggestions?
Just a dust wipe or a calibration wipe.

Got the first real drive with 11.4.7.2 yesterday from Austin to Houston.
The good bits were that it was really quite impressive, mostly making good lane choices, merging very well in the heavy Houston rush hour traffic. very impressed at those times.
Less impressed that it’s still tries “stopping for traffic control“ on a 70mph divided highway when it sees flashing yellow lights.
Even less impressed when on a 75mph stretch of highway (at 78mph) it tried to take a very short left lane U-turn lane. No signals, no warning, just went for it - also without any attempt to brake. That as just a little uncomfortable to say the least and the scariest of the bugs introduced with 11.4.7
of course still with the constant wiping of the windshield, mostly in low light situations.
It will be interesting to see how it does on the way back.

How is 11.4.7.2 on HW4? Someone here mentioned that 11.4.7.2 was doing a great job running on HW4?
No noticeable difference for me from 11.4.x. The only thing I noticed were the quality of life updates like custom scroll wheel function and moving the blind spot camera. I did enjoy dubbing around engaging the pillar cameras to see what it was able to see at different parts of my test route.

Lane choice has improved a bit in the latest release.

Earlier FSD would select the wrong turn lane (when there were 2 turn lanes) when there is a right turn soon after. Now it correctly stays in the left turn lane.

Still in one of the roads, it always takes a left turn lane a block too early.

BTW, I wonder what the input for V12 is- just given the target and the 2 D map data as inputs or just short stretches of roads to drive as input with overall planning done by current code.

The 2023 map update did not fix one rural road near me that has a few stop signs. Car just wants to blow through them at 60. I rarely travel this road, maybe twice a year, maybe it will be fixed the next go around.
Don’t live in a rural type area so have no doubt or comparison issue but curious that the roads in your area are posted for 60 mph yet have random stop signs? Odd setup not common in my area.

Don’t live in a rural type area so have no doubt or comparison issue but curious that the roads in your area are posted for 60 mph yet have random stop signs? Odd setup not common in my area.
They are posted 55mph roads, and have stop signs where another road bisects said road. Also, there are parts where the speed limits change from 55 to 30, which is also odd, it’s a big change in speed quickly.