Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
And Tesla's probably just trying to keep kicking the can down the road and buy time. That's their basic game-plan: the more time they buy, eventually v13 of FSD or whatever will be so amazing that it's clearly safer and superior, and all the autopilot/tacc stuff can switch to using it as well (they'll become basically software-limited FSD that is every bit as smart, but refuses to do certain things you didn't pay for), and that all this scrutiny will then just go away. Of course, if that never happens, then all of this is eventually going to catch up to them...

I think the issue is that it will still let people use Autosteer on streets that Tesla says it isn't designed for. They want Tesla to lock it to only be used on controlled access freeways with no traffic controls/intersections.
Still makes no sense to me. They’re blaming Tesla for driver stupidity. Maybe they should look at the drivers.

I hate to say anything for fear of jinxing myself but I have not had any dry wipes (11.4.7.3) in over a week now. Wonder if maybe Tesla sent out a Delta update to at least potentially address the wiper problem? Sounds crazy but one can hope.
I was driving on 11.4.7.3 in the pouring rain and my wipers wiped once. Had to switch to manual.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Interesting datapoint for 11.4.8.1 from my TeslaFi, it looks like my FSDb drives are less economical than previous versions.
It’s noticeably smoother but seems to consume more power. Too many variables to be sure though :rolleyes:

Also, it was raining this morning and the WIPERS WORKED!!!
Given the time of the year, an obvious secular change candidate is temperature. Conveniently, Teslafi gives an indication of outside temperature for a drive. Worth thinking about?

Given the time of the year, an obvious secular change candidate is temperature. Conveniently, Teslafi gives an indication of outside temperature for a drive. Worth thinking about?
yeah this is Texas though, so it was 35 one day and 78 the next :cool:
Like I said, too many variables it was just something I noticed.

Of course having mentioned the wipers, on the drive home today with intermittent rain, the wipers quit working again.

I still don't have 11.4.8.1. Will it be in the "recall" update in the next few days? I need to go to LAX next week with it.
Legally I don't think Tesla can push any software updates that don't include the recall fix. So you have zero chance of getting 11.4.8.1.

Beyond that I don't expect the recall to actually go out in the next few days. When it does start it will be to limited hardware configurations, HW3+ and in-cabin camera first. (Probably non-FSDb users or at least not early access FSDb users.)

Holiday update schedule has been crushed.

I still don't have 11.4.8.1. Will it be in the "recall" update in the next few days? I need to go to LAX next week with it.
Read the actual recall notice. They're claiming it's 2023.44.30 and that cars coming off the production line this very minute have it.

They also claim that updates are going out as of 12/12/2023, but Teslafi doesn't have a peep about that.

Reactions: scottf200
Legally I don't think Tesla can push any software updates that don't include the recall fix. So you have zero chance of getting 11.4.8.1.

Beyond that I don't expect the recall to actually go out in the next few days. When it does start it will be to limited hardware configurations, HW3+ and in-cabin camera first. (Probably non-FSDb users or at least not early access FSDb users.)

Holiday update schedule has been crushed.
Tesla says the recall will be in version 2023.44.30 shortly after Dec 12. That includes HW3 and HW4. I have HW3 with in cabin camera. The question is which FSD version I will have. I currently have 2023.27.7 with FSD 11.4.7.3.

"At no cost to customers, affected vehicles will receive an over-the-air software remedy, which is expected to begin deploying to certain affected vehicles on or shortly after December 12, 2023, with software version 2023.44.30. These include vehicles equipped with an in-cabin camera and Autopilot Hardware 3.0 or Autopilot Hardware 4.0. Remaining affected vehicles, including vehicles equipped with Autopilot Hardware 3.0 but without an in-cabin camera and vehicles equipped with Autopilot Hardware 2.5, Autopilot Hardware 2.0 or Autopilot Hardware 1.0, will receive an over-the-air software remedy at a later date. Learn more about Autopilot hardware configurations and features."