Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I got offered the update a couple days ago. Was busy at that moment and forgot to schedule it for the night. It disappeared and hasn’t come back. My car says my software is up to date as of 12/5/2023…..and won’t update the updater. *shrug*
Normal behavior. You’re waiting for 5.1 or .6

Edit: I’m sorry. You should have jumped on it.

Edit: Edit: Not sorry.

Edit: Edit: Edit: Feel a tinge bad for you.

Looks like a push just happened for both .5.1 and .6. Still driving X so can't install yet but Y is updating now.
.6 installing on my Model Y, HW4 now. I stopped using FSD today it was so bad so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm going to do a full power cycle after the upgrade to see if that has any affect.

Wiper report: Since installing the Holiday update, we've had mostly sunny days and I've had none of the dry wipes I had on the prior version.

Today it rained light to heavy all day and the wipers behaved extremely well in my opinion, I think the best I've ever seen actually. I never wished it to go faster or slower- except for the very first time I put it in Drive when I had to push the button to clear the windshield in the driveway.

I have a 2023 HW4 Model Y and I received 2023.44.30.4 on Wednesday. Took it for a spin yesterday and FSDb 11.4.9 worked really well, although in a pretty easy environment of a long stretch of 45-55 mph divided highway with traffic lights. I think the braking and acceleration is improved from 11.4.4.

I did another drive today and while it worked ok, multiple times while in the right lane of a 2-lane road with a grass median in the middle it moved me into a right-turn lane when I wasn't supposed to turn for over a mile. In one case it moved me into a right-turn lane and accelerated to pass a car only to realize the lane ended, freaked out and told me to take over immediately.

I have noticed compared to 11.4.4 it is much more confident making turns and accelerates extremely aggressively when it decides it's safe to make a turn at an intersection.

I'm still on my 3-month trial, and while I'm absolutely amazed at what the technology can do there's no way I'm subscribing or purchasing in the current state. Highway driving with Autopilot will be perfect for my needs (I will miss auto-lane change though). If v12 is released, and pending reviews, I'll subscribe for a couple months and see where things are at.

When I got home tonight, I was prompted that 2023.44.30.6 was available and I installed that this evening, so we'll see what updates and changes that brings (likely not much).