Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I run ~80% and temps are currently in the 40s. But even in the 50s regen is limited and friction brakes get blended in if I haven't preconditioned the car long enough.

The State Farm Drive Safe & Save is very sensitive. Just regen braking can ding you sometimes, so regen is right at the g-force limit. (Like I said, I don't think it should have gotten dinged at either spot.)

Ha! Back in the days of the Safety Score (SS) Contest to qualify for FSD beta, I would get dinged when I braked hard enough to stop at a stop sign located at the bottom of a hill. My "safety" score was better if I ran the stop sign, slowly of course.

Yours is an interesting story because I have wondered if FSD could past the Safety Score test so it could use itself. We could never test that because SS was not accumulated when AutoPilot was engaged and SS was deactivated when we passed the test.

I figure those scoring system numbers may correlate somewhat with accidents, but getting a perfect score was not the safest way to drive. On the other hand, SS did train one to really, continuously pay attention, good practice for driving with FSD.

Dude, it was a Blues Brothers reference, not Hughey Lewis or whatever Timbuk3 is :cool:
Ouch. I'll just curl up and dye.

I think you meant "whatever Timbuk3 was"... Their biggest hit was in 1986, and was perhaps an homage to the 1980 Blues Brothers, who knows. But the refrain, "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" just seemed to me like a good take on FSD and on Elon's attitude.

Ouch. I'll just curl up and dye.

I think you meant "whatever Timbuk3 was"... Their biggest hit was in 1986, and was perhaps an homage to the 1980 Blues Brothers, who knows. But the refrain, "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" just seemed to me like a good take on FSD and on Elon's attitude.
Funny posts on this but the question remains how can Tesla remove the nags since camera monitoring doesn't work with sunglasses? At least my last 2 pairs.
I wonder if there are additional capabilities not yet implemented in HW4 cars that over come the sunglasses limitation?

That makes me think. . . . . . . Once a bug is 'fixed', that's the end of that branch isn't it? It can no longer reproduce and must be extinct, eh?
Well, there can always be other "reproducible" bugs populating the same branch...
Fortunately, Tesla gives us the OTA method of "neuter-alizing" them to control all that indecent software behavior - a "spay-in-place" program as it were, so you don't need to abort disengage so often.

Just came back from a night drive, after passing a school zone sign, it slowed down and then finally stopped, just passed the solid white mark in the middle of the junction of the side street. I guess it is a good try but failed, then it correctly passed all duck crossings, pedestrian crossings, parent/children crossings signs without stopping.
I passed an active school zone with a flashing light today. FSD visualized the flashing light, but did not recognize the school zone speed limit sign, as always. Maybe V12 will.

Funny posts on this but the question remains how can Tesla remove the nags since camera monitoring doesn't work with sunglasses? At least my last 2 pairs.
I wonder if there are additional capabilities not yet implemented in HW4 cars that over come the sunglasses limitation?
My waving of the hand over the yoke to turn off the nag is no longer working. This newest release killed it. And now actually have to Move the yoke a little.
There's your minor bug fix....

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and jebinc