Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think these two together shows Tesla has finally gotten FSD Beta to work on the main vehicle software that can go to many countries and many hardware configurations. The software probably won't allow activating FSD Beta due to hardware and region checks, but because the neural networks are available, it does clear the path for making use of the neural networks for replacing basic Autopilot lane and distance keeping to push vehicle safety to the next level even to the existing fleet of millions.

Similarly, when it gets deployed to millions around the world, Tesla's ability to collect data will likely significantly increase (with the bulk of neural networks "pre-installed" instead of smaller networks remotely downloaded) to speed up the global deployment of FSD Beta as well as improve the capabilities for usage in US/Canada where a rare corner case might be more frequent in other regions.

FSD ran the vehicle into a curb causing $3500 in damage to the vehicle.

I'm calling BS. It's a throwaway Reddit account:

1685026211384.png

And just 16 days ago, they said on the main Tesla subreddit that they wouldn't buy FSD until it's account-based:

1685026279416.png

So they jumped a curb just to make a Reddit post?

There's zero evidence that FSD Beta was active, or even available on the vehicle. He might have accidentally hit a curb while driving manually, made a dashcam clip, and decided to cause a stir by blaming it on FSD Beta.

If he could stand by the video, why use a throwaway account? There's no incentive to hide his identity if he were telling the truth.

I'm calling BS. It's a throwaway Reddit account:

View attachment 940919

And just 16 days ago, they said on the main Tesla subreddit that they wouldn't buy FSD until it's account-based:

View attachment 940920
My thought as well. Especially since they posted in r/tesla, the anti Tesla /conspiracy section of Reddit. FSD beta does crazy stuff sometimes but this looks atypical to me as an experienced user.

There's zero evidence that FSD Beta was active, or even available on the vehicle. He might have accidentally hit a curb while driving manually, made a dashcam clip, and decided to cause a stir by blaming it on FSD Beta.

If he could stand by the video, why use a throwaway account? There's no incentive to hide his identity if he were telling the truth.

Car was flashing warning info before he hit the curb, about cruise control being unavailable or something else.

Car was flashing warning info before he hit the curb, about cruise control being unavailable or something else.

The car was stationary, and he was filming the playback of the recorded clip. Those are the errors you get when a wheel sensor gets disconnected; so it proves he did indeed damage the car prior to filming the video, but is unrelated to whether FSD Beta was active at the time of the accident.

Another indication of BS; no driver profile:
1685035379268.png

It's possible for somebody to drive a car without a profile and have to adjust seat and mirrors every time, let alone being able to activate FSD beta without having a profile.
It's possible that somebody without malice created a throwaway account just to post this.
It's possible that somebody who is a member of the anti tesla conspiracy "r/tesla" believes enough in Tesla to not only buy the car Tesla but also FSD.

For these three things to happen to the same person? When pigs to fly.

For these three things to happen to the same person? When pigs to fly.
I think the main problem is - dash cam footage doesn't prove anything. It could be a user error (disengaged because they were holding the wheel tight ?) ... or complete malice. No way for us to know - only Tesla can figure out using telematics.

There was a similar post on AP sub-forum sometime back. The driver claimed the car crossed the yellow and was going to hit the oncoming vehicle, so the driver turned the vehicle away and it went on the fields next to the road before hitting something (IIRC). Again a dashcam video (which was later deleted). The poster never posted another comment.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

We’ve had 3 Teslas over the years, including my 2017S, which I use daily on a long commute, with FSD providing amazing service and relief of driving fatigue. But it’s starting to show its years, so when Tesla offered me a decent trade in with 3 years free charging if I bought a new S, I said ok. Well, I’m supposed to pick it up this weekend. To my surprise (alright I haven’t been following this) I find that I have a waiver to sign in my Tesla App today, stating that FSD and other features will not be enabled when I pick up the car because it’s Tesla Vision without ultrasound. I called the company because I was incensed that there was this last-minute change — waiver — that I’m required to sign. Essentially they’re saying that I will trade in for a downgrade, until such time as the new software is updated. The company representative assured me that the updates are already being pushed out to model S Vision cars. What do you guys think?

they certainly won’t refund my deposit, but I’m not sure that I want to purchase a car that won’t drive me to work (for an unspecified amount of time – perhaps months), when I have one that does it just fine.

We’ve had 3 Teslas over the years, including my 2017S, which I use daily on a long commute, with FSD providing amazing service and relief of driving fatigue. But it’s starting to show its years, so when Tesla offered me a decent trade in with 3 years free charging if I bought a new S, I said ok. Well, I’m supposed to pick it up this weekend. To my surprise (alright I haven’t been following this) I find that I have a waiver to sign in my Tesla App today, stating that FSD and other features will not be enabled when I pick up the car because it’s Tesla Vision without ultrasound. I called the company because I was incensed that there was this last-minute change — waiver — that I’m required to sign. Essentially they’re saying that I will trade in for a downgrade, until such time as the new software is updated. The company representative assured me that the updates are already being pushed out to model S Vision cars. What do you guys think?

they certainly won’t refund my deposit, but I’m not sure that I want to purchase a car that won’t drive me to work (for an unspecified amount of time – perhaps months), when I have one that does it just fine.

Sign the waiver. It's been reported before, it's standard fare because the remaining functionality of the Vision to USS replacement is being finished.

So, you can stand on principle, miss a pretty good deal, and only have to wait for the code to complete, or drive your old car.

Seems like a pretty simple choice to me. Tesla is pretty good about their software updates.

And yes, like you, I have heard Model S vision cars are getting the upgrades pushed, but I don't think the entire fleet has it. That's probably the impetus behind this.

The ultrasound is only useful in parking. It won't affect your commute (unless your commute involve a ferry). And the functionality will be restored. This type of thing has happened before during the switch to all-vision.

I'm very familiar with them, have been following them closely since they were the provider for the hardware for Tesla's AP1.

I don't think their approach is going to work well, as it partially relies upon HD maps. The Achilles heel of HD maps is that they go out of date almost instantly (what happens when a car double-parks? That wasn't on the map). What happens if there is construction ongoing with lane shifts since the mapping?

No, Tesla's design is the only one that has the ability to massively scale.

So why not watch the (hundreds) of videos of Driverless Waymo with dozens of instance of it handling double parked cars, constructions, lane-shift and road closures?

Why stay misinformed when you can easily be informed?
Youtube is your friend.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke