Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woah how were you able to figure out the intersection from that photo? People on the internet amaze me.
Google Sacramento Alumni Association and verify the neighborhood is correct with Lot 10. Navigation's blue line shows a split highway is most likely in front of the car (heads up orientation). Only a few intersections need to be looked at in further detail to verify FSD visualization.

Is that a slight curve left of the blue line to cross the double yellow line then back right to give space to a parked vehicle?

parked vehicle.png

Also, looks like blue dots indicate where it's going. Notice how the dots turn gray at the stop line to indicate it'll stop then turns blue when it's ready to enter the intersection.

The purple dots are the physical median not the predicted path of the bus. It's showing the median narrows for the left turn lane but unclear if the bus is actually making a left turn. Here's the intersection:

View attachment 601052
View attachment 601053

I don't think that's the intersection. The red curb to the right is farther away from the car in real life (more accurate representation of the car's location, if that were the right intersection):

fsd_intersection.jpg

Nice. There's an example of the dots for the path continuing straight. They're blue behind the vehicle turning off the road and gray past the other vehicle. All the dots turn blue when the other vehicle is out of the way.

View attachment 601071

Well, that is a pretty big improvement over just stopping in the middle of the road, waiting for godot, after someone leaves your lane!

This is some pretty cool stuff. We'll need some actual in depth videos to see if this is nearing 'feature complete' and how well it deals with even just basic normal stuff. Should be lots of fun videos to watch over the next year while I wait for it to come to canada!

Is that a slight curve left of the blue line to cross the double yellow line then back right to give space to a parked vehicle?

Also, looks like blue dots indicate where it's going. Notice how the dots turn gray at the stop line to indicate it'll stop then turns blue when it's ready to enter the intersection.

Yep those look like generated waypoints... I also thought the car veered left a bit to go around the parked car. Pretty cool, can't wait for daytime videos.

I agree they can't be compared with any other numbers, but can't they be compared with themselves? If the same methodology is used and the rates are trending down, that implies progress no?

Assuming they haven’t changed the categories somehow (and we would have no way of knowing), yes, you could track the safety of each category relative to itself over time. Obviously only once a year, since there are seasonal variations. You also have to account for the demographics (and location!!!) of Tesla owners changing over time (again, only Tesla has this data), and how that impacts the safety. For example, a lot more owners in winter climates (or more hazardous locations for whatever reason) should perhaps lead to a higher accident rate with time.

So, it’s really hard to make anything other than vague determinations without the entire dataset! Unless of course accident rates go to zero, or get very very low (that would mean a lot).

I guess they’ll have to add a HW3/FSD category!

Last edited:
At least so far definitely impressed with all the vids. I can’t stop refreshing Twitter hoping for a new vid. For sure still has its limitations but much more baked than I was expecting. Even at night with glare and weird shadows, perception from this vision only system is pretty impressive.

Still don’t think robotaxi is right around the corner, but does make me more hopeful that it is a possibility with my hardware config.

At least so far definitely impressed with all the vids. I can’t stop refreshing Twitter hoping for a new vid. For sure still has its limitations but much more baked than I was expecting. Even at night with glare and weird shadows, perception from this vision only system is pretty impressive.

Still don’t think robotaxi is right around the corner, but does make me more hopeful that it is a possibility with my hardware config.
If you are invested in TSLA, robotaxis don't need to be "around the corner". If the market is convinced HW3 can achieve full autonomy, it's ball game. Turn out the lights.

It's gonna be a while before robotaxis happen, even on a limited basis.