Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else still able to use their FSD trial?
Mine should have expired yesterday the 30th but car still shows it has it in menu, haven't yet driven it today so maybe it disappears when i try to engage it?
Same. Used it long enough to determine that it still doesn't slow down from 65 to 25 mph without disengagement.

Also, it doesn't slow down for icy roads.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
After driving and parking it now says "Your Autopilot package has returned to its original configuration"
damm it lol.

I did notice it seems like it still shows more cars in the visual than it did before the trial.
Also I swear i put the blinker on and it tried to change lanes but then gave up halfway.
Ill try again on way home

As expected V12.3.6 for me as most others have reported has little if any improvement. Basically a maintenance release while we wait for V12.4 to hopefully provide actual improvement. I like @Todd Burch's analogy of FSD arriving at an intersection like a grandma. FSD then dawdles for awhile before actually making a decision to go.

My priorities for V12.4
  • Get rid of grandma's creeping approach :)
  • V12 stack for the highway
  • Pothole avoidance
  • Lane bobble fix
  • Speed up park assist
  • Support backing up

My trial doesn't end for another week.

Yesterday I turned on FSD 12.3.5 until the first disengagement gave it the voice clip for why it disengaged and drove the rest of the day on my own

Today I turned on FSD 12.3.6 and used it for multiple disengagements, none more than a tenth of a mile or so. The trip from my work to the lunch restaurant had 3 disengagements in a quarter mile or so. I voice annotated each.

* car couldn't decide a proper path around parked cars waiting for a school pickup.
* Started to turn in front of a vehicle (SFSD turning right from a stop in front of traffic coming from the left at 25 mph with no stop required)
* chose parking spaces on the right next to the curb as a lane instead of staying towards the center of the road in what was actually a lane.
* freaked out and tried to provide corrected action because it thought I had left the road (large section of road surface had eroded away, I treat it like a pot hole and drive over the center yellow line to avoid the bumpiness, but the safety nanny though me crossing the yellow line was me leaving the road (not sure if the washed out section was considered or if it just didn't like me crossing the center yellow line). This was just after a prior disengagement and SFDS was not active but the safety routines kicked in anyway. I had to fight to steer left, while the car varied from wanting to steer left away from the eroded area and steer right away from the center line. It felt like a classic Asimov 3 laws moment with the steering wheel ping ponging between fighting me left and fighting me right until I passed the damaged road area.
* car couldn't decide a proper path around parked cars waiting for a school pickup. (coming back the return trip)

so 4 disengagements 5 incidents.

Then I used the new parking interface to park at work and it worked just fine. I let it park for me, got out and let it auto lock like normal. I have no complaints on the parking feature.

I'm sure it's more the roads than the car itself. I say that because if I turn on SFSD on some roads it is usable enough I can let it take me on a 10+ mile trip (assuming I don't critique it too much and disengage for issues of preference).

For me .6 stopped quite civilly for a flag person (holding a stop sign) for the first time. I was first in a long line entering a construction zone so no lead car. I think there was a visual also but it was tiny.

FSD started haltingly when sign was flipped to “slow” and I intervened to get things going.

Then I re-engaged once in the opposing lane & FSD went fine from there.

I think .6 may still read the wrong sign for speed limit but I probably need to confirm that.

I have conceptually struggled with how NN could be easily tuned for specific features but I think I see an approach that would work globally.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Is the Park Assist toggle still available in the Autopilot section? That would allow switching between Standard and Tesla Vision.
My bad. The Park Assist Standard/Tesla Vision is there!
1000029824.jpg

Last edited:
Get rid of grandma's creeping approach
Good to see you have come around after the initial disagreement!

but I think I see an approach that would work globally.
Just have to squint, a lot.

Obviously this approach is not going to work with current vehicles.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by “work.” 😂

lol, 2024.3.25 is downloading, been all day. Up to 75% after at least6 hours (giga fiber, very fast connection).

After installing, if it happens today, the gummie will have fully kicked in, so no testing FSD for me.

Tomorrow I will be kicked to the curb with all the rest.

If I cared at all, I might be pretty upset, but since I don't care a bit, I just chuckle.
Your lack of caring and your chuckle might be your gummy talking. ;-)

Reactions: OxBrew
FSD 12.3.6 Short first drive.

Quite similar to 12.3.4.

Still stops too far back from stop sign.

Still waits too long at a stop when no one is coming. Seems to decide quickly to go or no-go if it does see a crossing car, and to take longer when no crossing traffic is visible.

One possible improvement, which I will check more later on: The last version consistently missed a left turn onto a certain freeway onramp. This version got it exactly right. (After this correct behavior, I disengaged FSD briefly to report the improvement and say thanks. I expect the AI they have listening to the verbal reports appreciated the thanks.)

At least on this first try, FSD successfully merged out of the short on-and-then-off lane. Last version often failed.

FSD now ignores a stop sign which is still on the nav map, but was removed a year ago.

I did not test the parking yet, but do not see the mysterious vision setting. MY, 2021, so I gather Intel, not AMD graphics. USS distance and lines still do appear while manually parking, nice!

• Funny
Reactions: hobertg and EVNow