Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you ignored the statement about Asok Ellesamy? Buh-bye.
Yes. Absolutely, until they actually deliver something on time, why would we?

Again, their history is terrible.

So...if there's no v12 in 9 days...what? you'll admit you were incorrect? or will you move the goalpost and try to claim there must be employee testing?

Right now it looks like 11.4.8 is tracking for end of this week or next week for the OG OG testers and that's what is being tested internally.

Last edited:
Asok Ellesamy said Dec for first release on FSD v12. Elon's statement is consistant with that. Elon having fun at work doesn't mean that work isn't getting done.
I don't think Ashok would say anything different from Elon (and keep the job).

I'm sure the target is to put out V12 for the holidays. They said the same thing about V11 in 2021. Finally released in March of 2023.

This time, it might be different. But I'm sure in the "show me" camp.

I don't think Ashok would say anything different from Elon (and keep the job).

I'm sure the target is to put out V12 for the holidays. They said the same thing about V11 in 2021. Finally released in March of 2023.

This time, it might be different. But I'm sure in the "show me" camp.
Another issue is regression. V11 is way ahead of the releases of 2 years ago, which sets the bar for V12. So V12 has to be at least as good as V11 before it is ready for release. Sadly my guess is the first few releases will be backward steps.

Another issue is regression. V11 is way ahead of the releases of 2 years ago, which sets the bar for V12. So V12 has to be at least as good as V11 before it is ready for release. Sadly my guess is the first few releases will be backward steps.
I think the biggest issue is going to be even finding out what the regressions are. They definitely won’t have a lot of scenarios in their test and will only find out after release ….

Would even the experienced beta testers like us confidently use it all the time like we do V11 now ? I feel I will have to again go through the entire learning curve figuring out what it can and what it can’t do.

The Florida judge found evidence that Tesla "engaged in a marketing strategy that painted the products as autonomous" and that Musk's public statements about the technology "had a significant effect on the belief about the capabilities of the products.
Interesting finding by the judge and what i have been saying all this time. Although some have denied.

I think the biggest issue is going to be even finding out what the regressions are. They definitely won’t have a lot of scenarios in their test and will only find out after release ….

Would even the experienced beta testers like us confidently use it all the time like we do V11 now ? I feel I will have to again go through the entire learning curve figuring out what it can and what it can’t do.
Perhaps but 11.4.4 has been such a large regression for me I'd welcome the learning curve.

That's what you got? Denial? Hope? Any EVIDENCE?
Every time Elon says “Two weeks,” you need to picture the movie in which the young couple is renovating their house, and every subcontractor (I forget the name of the movie right now. Someone help me out) says “two weeks.”

Or you can imagine the scene from Total Recall where Arnold’s head disguise goes nuts saying “two weeks” before the head explodes.

Either one works.

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
Every time Elon says “Two weeks,” you need to picture the movie in which the young couple is renovating their house, and every subcontractor (I forget the name of the movie right now. Someone help me out) says “two weeks.”
Classic Hanks movie Money Pit - oddly enough the name many give to FSD 🤣

Elon says V12 is "trending well" and over time will far exceed human safety even when unsupervised:

Supervised FSD is vastly safer than human driving. Unsupervised FSD is trending well. Over time, Version 12 (end-to-end neural nets) will far exceed human safety even when unsupervised.

Elon says V12 is "trending well" and over time will far exceed human safety even when unsupervised:

Elon is not letting lack of evidence prevent him from making fantastical claims. It’s a storied tradition I suppose.

Unfortunately zero evidence for the first claim. It’s very sad - I definitely think it could be true. I want it to be true. But no evidence.

Some day Tesla will provide the data that they surely possess. And then maybe someone can figure it out.

Elon is not letting lack of evidence prevent him from making fantastical claims. It’s a storied tradition I suppose.
When had he ever let that stop him?

The problem is progress is not necessarily linear and does not continue infinitely so the current trend can’t necessarily be extrapolated. That doesn’t mean it won’t, just that one can’t assume.

Reactions: pilotSteve
He didn't say unsupervised V12 was trending well, he said unsupervised FSD was.

If there aren't interventions, it could have done that section unsupervised.

Yes. I read that comment in context as Elon "correcting" some clueless person who said FSD is 20x better.

Very different from Elon posting out of the blue that FSD is trending well.

Reactions: diplomat33
1000008642.jpg

ROFLOL!! Did Elon write this??? :eek: