Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this anticipatory or reactionary behavior? Top is 1 second before with person still walking, middle is 0.5 seconds in between with person just starting to look back and bottom shows solid eye contact and visualized shorter blue path (i.e., 12.x is slowing/stopping).

12.1.2 eye contact.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Another Omar V12 drive in LA but this time with his father who also uses FSD. His father was very positive and I think it's becoming clear that V12 will finally be a significant upgrade. About time! As much as people complain about Omar and I've been one of them he has done a pretty good drive showing V12 including the AI Driver video and this video.

Can Omar do a test in snowy Colorado with almost no visibility?

A "long shot" is not "dead." Even if it is, what's your point? If Tesla builds it's supercomputer from Nvidia chips instead of in-house Dojo chips, how does that affect End to End AI FSD? Perhaps delay it a bit, which I'm sure we all expect anyway... Either FSD will eventually work at an L3+ level or it won't; I don't see how training on Nvidia GPUs as opposed to Dojo chips really matters.
If “I’m known to be overly optimistic” Elon calls it a “long-shot” you can draw your own conclusions. Have you ever heard him say: “It failed so we shut it down”?

My point is that FSD, Dojo and Optimus share a problem. They don’t work like they are advertised, and they like won’t ever do. Because of their software.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
I've heard so much hype about version 12 that I actually rented FSD for a month. As luck would have it, I was stuck with 11.x which was an absolute unreliable mess from my point of view. Maybe better than a drunk cognitively impaired person but not much, and still with tons of phantom braking. When is version 12 going to be actually out to normal people who are not beta testers?

I've heard so much hype about version 12 that I actually rented FSD for a month. As luck would have it, I was stuck with 11.x which was an absolute unreliable mess from my point of view. Maybe better than a drunk cognitively impaired person but not much, and still with tons of phantom braking. When is version 12 going to be actually out to normal people who are not beta testers?
How do you rent FSD?

So existing versions on TeslaFi are flat lining which usually means a new FW is going to pop. I have a friend who is a FSD subscriber but is still on holiday .8 release and didn’t get .14 or 2024.XX pushed. So it’s very possible we’re going to see a new 2023.XX version pop.
Your friend is far from being alone, I’m in the same boat and so is 18% of Teslafi’ fleet

IMG_1544.jpeg

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Can you? Or more specifically, and 95% of LICENCED American drivers? How many people die per year in snowy Colorado traffic accidents? How many die nation-wide on clear, sunny days?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Sure, I can drive in low visibility in the snow. I never said it had to be perfect. This guy mainly does drives in sunny California.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Is this anticipatory or reactionary behavior?
Anticipation is just reacting to information earlier in a development.

The network saw a lone pedestrian stopping on the edge of the driveable space, combined with the need to stop for traffic in front of it. In that case, most considerate drivers will slow in case the pedestrian wants to cross while at the same time leaving them a comfortable gap.

If traffic had not been stopping, I assume that the network would have ignored the pedestrian. Not because it understood anything about the situation, but because that's what people do, so that's what went into its training.

A "long shot" is not "dead." Even if it is, what's your point? If Tesla builds it's supercomputer from Nvidia chips instead of in-house Dojo chips, how does that affect End to End AI FSD? Perhaps delay it a bit, which I'm sure we all expect anyway... Either FSD will eventually work at an L3+ level or it won't; I don't see how training on Nvidia GPUs as opposed to Dojo chips really matters.

Maybe the point is poor judgement isn't isolated to just dojo.