Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear posts like this are part of Musk's supervillain origin story (along with dating that weird woman and buying Twitter). He quite clearly means that a software release under the version 12 branch will lose the 'beta', not that the very first version of a brand new implementation will be final straight out the door.

I mean, he's probably still wrong, but at least beat him up for the things he actually gets wrong rather than making ridiculous new ones up.

Really I am losing my patience. Why not give it to everyone if they accept the risk?
We buy it , we wait. We get V 11, now for V 12 we wait. This is intolerable.
So many hoops we had to jump get the beta. Now for V12 more.
Because any accident becomes a massive story and there are many, including people who post here, who aren't vigilant at all when using FSD.

One guy said his wife let the car wreck on FSD because they assume it would correct itself. People like that are why you are waiting and most will continue to wait.

Because any accident becomes a massive story and there are many, including people who post here, who aren't vigilant at all when using FSD.

One guy said his wife let the car wreck on FSD because they assume it would correct itself. People like that are why you are waiting and most will continue to wait.
I understand the risks but they should maybe sign with docusign or something a statement with every update. The people with beta on are already deep in this. They can cause an accident with V11.

I remember the post about that accident in here and I could not believe they did not react. It clearly states always be vigilant and ready to take over. Eveytime it gets activated.

That's actually a big deal. If that had been a real post or a shopping cart cage, we would be talking $4K+ in damages. Also, even if vigilant, that would be a tough one to catch in time.
TBH, I view parking lots (and ramps) in general as an edge case right now. As I've said before, they are probably some of the most difficult driving a person can do, they're generally unmapped and I've had times when I couldn't figure out how to get out of a parking lot until I drove around a bit. Beyond that, where is the car supposed to go in the parking lot? Does it do like my mother used to do and drive around for 15 minutes looking for the closest space? How about just to the front door? (And then, which door as there may be more than one.) Or maybe it should do like I usually do and park further away in a spot I can pull through?

I'd far rather Tesla focus its efforts on street driving than parking lots. If it can get me to the parking lot then I can do the rest.

Those bollards are a big deal, though. Barriers like that are frequently used in streets as well and FSD absolutely needs to recognize and avoid them.

I understand the risks but they should maybe sign with docusign or something a statement with every update. The people with beta on are already deep in this. They can cause an accident with V11.

I remember the post about that accident in here and I could not believe they did not react. It clearly states always be vigilant and ready to take over. Eveytime it gets activated.
How do you think I feel. I was on the early/controlled releases since 10.3 but bought a new car.
My loyalty reward was to lose access to that and get regular FSDb, I won't be getting V12 until the completely replace 11.4.9

Really I am losing my patience. Why not give it to everyone if they accept the risk?

You're feeling anxious just because a few others have got it and you haven't - don't forget that 99% of FSD owners are in the same camp as you. I myself didn't expect to get V12 until at least Q2. Heck, if V12 is not significantly better than V11, I'd rather stick with what I know.

Reactions: asterothe
It's been 12 hours since we first saw a report of FSD 12.3 going out to a non-Tesla-employee. Surprised we haven't seen anything else on it yet.
WholeMars tried making a video but the experience of driving was so stimulating and emotional he was unable to make the video since he was crying "double rainbow" tears and screaming in utter ecstasy the entire time.

V13 (aka: 12.3) is pure 🔥🔥🔥🔥

But then people will suit Tesla. Tesla has to go to court to fight against the family of a guy playing video and killing himself in California next week.

Reactions: sleepydoc

The reason you won't get it is because Tesla can't cure Stupid. Even if you, personally, are smart.

The first time somebody gets killed because they were running FSD-b 12.x while leaning over into the back seat so they could play patty-cake with their 3-year-old, the media won't blame the idiocy of the driver, no matter what was signed, they'll blame Tesla. Followed by, if the people getting killed are sympathetic enough, regulator dis-approval of all FSD-s from anybody, but particular Tesla, followed by congressional hearings, and so forth and so on.

With the past and current versions of FSD Tesla went out of its way to (a) get responsible drivers running the car around (safety score, anyone); (b) put tools into place to get the most egregious of the non-safe ones off the program (strikes); (c) manipulated the software so that if one was paying attention there'd be time to avoid accidents; and (d) put in driver monitoring to try and catch the outliers.

And you know that there's people who post on these FSD-b threads who put tape over the cabin camera, put weights on the steering wheel, and (see any YouTube/X influencer video) don't bother to keep their hands continuously on the steering wheel. For safety purposes, nudging the steering wheel with one's knees DOESN'T BLAME COUNT.

And, surprise, surprise! You don't think Tesla knows all this about the idiots defeating the driver attention mechanisms? That puts Tesla One Step Away From Disaster given an idiot plaintiff and an overactive, good lawyer in search of a payday for a lifetime.

I think I'll just wait, hopefully, until Tesla shows up with the baked cake on the next FSD-beta point release, emphasis on the Beta.