Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do I need to have my software updates set to advance instead of standard if I want any chance of getting it early?
While it may be mostly a placebo button common logic would suggest your chances will NOT be lower by selecting Advance and might even be higher. So why would you select Standard and expect it to be .....well more advanced?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Think you mean 10.2 since 10.3 was the infamous and scary 3 day only update that nearly derailed FSD Beta. I'm also an original day one 10.2 user (came out on a Friday and was OoT until Sunday and waited to install).
Definitely 10.3. I was a 99% safety score recipient of 10.3 in October of 21. Yes, 10.3 was a mess. The neck breaking stops from 60mph were fun.

1710586152692.png

V12.3 here, waiting this am. Now installed. 2020 MY. Virginia.

Very interested in seeing how it does on my winding back roads into town after PianoAI's comment on his trip up the Cali coast crossing yellow lines (mine will be rumble-stripped) and irregular speeds etc.

I hope it is better than what he experienced.
Terrible and Scary Drive with V12.3 today.

Today I drove this route, as I do a few times per week.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 6.14.34 PM.jpg

It's most two-lane roads with a 55 MPH speed limit. Things that happened:

1. On a curve, the car went well over the double yellow line when a car was coming in the other direction. I saved the dashcam footage, and I'll post that tomorrow.

2. The car often drove on the double yellow line, such that I'd hear the tires bumping on the plastic lane markers or vibrating from the groves in the lines. This happened even on straightaways. It consistently hugged the center line.

3. Although the speed stuttering is perhaps less that it was, the car consistently drives too slowly. I set the max speed to 58 MPH, and the car will drive 50 or 51 MPH even on straightaways, no other cars around, sunny, dry pavement.

This is SUPER CRAZY. Since about early Beta 10.5 or so I have been bringing up the rear on all my Beta updates. I fully expected to be near last to get 12.3. What a surprise to see this. Also in ATL.

OT: Just a little Atlanta brag. In the 2020 census ATL was the 9th largest metro in the US. The 24 census estimates were release Thursday and in just 4 years we have passed Miami, Philly and D.C to become the 6th largest metro.

View attachment 1028570

View attachment 1028572
Until Minneapolis gets it it is t real!

12.3 predates all of the recent video clip gathering (Elon retweets AI Girl 12.3 drive on 12th, comments on adversarial training data gathering from Chuck’s turn on the 13th), so this should be an easy win for me.

I’m going to count my chickens and say I am open to a follow-on bet for the next version which will be properly overfit to Chuck’s turn.

Last edited:
very close
Meaning it hits them (as predicted, and seen previously). Not only very close.

JillyBean got lucky that it went way over this curb and saved the wheel (assuming it wasn’t dented, but low speed so probably ok). Unfortunately not bothering to geolocate this one to figure out what about this curb made it more likely to be hit. It does look like a slightly non-standard situation, though the car clearly took the wrong line as well.

Meaning it hits them (as predicted, and seen previously). Not only very close.

JillyBean got lucky that it went way over this curb and saved the wheel (assuming it wasn’t dented, but low speed so probably ok). Unfortunately not bothering to geolocate this one to figure out what about this curb made it more likely to be hit. It does look like a slightly non-standard situation, though the car clearly took the wrong line as well.
Could the video clips being fed from all vehicles be causing the vehicle to miscalculate the size of the vehicle? Such as a model 3 handing turning past a curb (but close) and those same clips trained for a model x to handle that situation but it treats it like it a model 3 footprint? Or is that not how it works.