Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Do most people not install updates when they're made available or was this just people being smart about getting v12 "early"? I feel foolish
Don't feel foolish. Tesla decided who would and who would not get these early V12 releases. Those who would were not offered the 2024 updates. So, holding off on installing one of those probably would have made no difference.

I don't think we know yet what the criteria were for getting on the list, but certainly many of us were already used to not receiving the updates which non-FSD beta tester did get. Perhaps we all were in the program before FSD 11.4.9 as I was. By the way, it can be a mixed blessing, because the testers are denied access to new features, sometimes for months.

I expect a few more versions of V12.x before it is merged with the production base code.

Elon might say this means it will be ready in two weeks. (Remember always to add "not before" to any Musk date estimate, especially if I just invent his estimate.). ;-)

Are you seeing that behavior when there's traffic flow? So far v12.3 has kept up with traffic for me. If the cars around me, including the lead car, are driving over the speed limit, my car drives over the speed limit. Where I see it driving at, or just below, the speed limit is when I'm alone, with little to no traffic around me. Is that not your behavior as well?
The last couple of days, I've had no complaints about speed. However, I've been driving in traffic where the car seems to be heavily influenced by the prevailing speed. Most of the speed issues I've had are when the car is in low traffic situations when it had to make the speed decision on its own.

Verified:

1. City Street stack when entering ramp. Freeway stack takes over when car is already on the straight lane of freeway.

2. Freeway stack when car completely exits (no way to go back to back to freeway). City stack takes over at that point.

All my issues with early/late exit belong to freeway stack.

3. Freeway interchange belongs to freeway stack.

Notes: v12 freeway stack is not exactly v11 freeway stack. There is some changes in it. Otherwise I would have not had the reported issues.

By the way, I am comfortable with auto speed setting.
being addressed in the next build

Are you seeing that behavior when there's traffic flow? So far v12.3 has kept up with traffic for me. If the cars around me, including the lead car, are driving over the speed limit
It’ll fall behind if the vehicle in front shows enough alacrity (not much is required). Yes I have seen this, was watching it yesterday on Mira Mesa. Vehicle in front gradually increased spacing and I kept falling further behind. No one was moving quickly (probably going 50-55mph in a 50mph), up from 45mph when began to lose track, lead vehicle speed increased over the course of 10 seconds or so as traffic in front cleared out.

It’s all messed up in basically all situations. If traffic is slow enough, of course it has no problem.

The issue is how it behaves as traffic begins to speed up and space out.

I haven’t really had a situation where everyone is traveling over the limit but there is enough density for the car to keep up properly. Usually that would not happen since when there is enough traffic everyone goes slowly due to the slowest drivers holding things up by driving in the wrong lane.

Last edited:
Verified:

1. City Street stack when entering ramp. Freeway stack takes over when car is already on the straight lane of freeway.

2. Freeway stack when car completely exits (no way to go back to back to freeway). City stack takes over at that point.

All my issues with early/late exit belong to freeway stack.

3. Freeway interchange belongs to freeway stack.

Notes: v12 freeway stack is not exactly v11 freeway stack. There is some changes in it. Otherwise I would have not had the reported issues.

By the way, I am comfortable with auto speed setting.
Changes I’ve noticed on the v12 highway stack is I no longer get the flashing torque warning when I hit the accelerator, approaches stopped traffic smoother and doesn’t do that weird phantom left turn signal when I’m passing an off ramp. I’m sure there’s more but I haven’t been super analytical about it.

STRANGE observation and even heard a couple of YouTubers mention it:

I have had several of my normally used routes suddenly changed since v12. The first time I assumed it was one off change but it is still taking the same different routes. I know the Navigation engine is unrelated to the FSD driving but what could cause this? Have others noticed a change in the normal routes since v12.?

2 days with lots of drives
Very impressed. Could speed handling be improved? Of course but nothing affecting safety.
  • 1 speed intervention when FSD thought the speed limit was 5 mph for about 100 feet.
  • 1 disengagement coming out of a parking lot. Ignored No Left Hand Turn Allowed sign.
  • 1 highway disengagement trying to take the wrong exit. Not a surprise since this has happened a lot since 11.4.x.

I for one am curious about how the J Crew will react. But I hope Tesla fixes the stopping and speed issues before that wider release. You guys don’t deserve to be saddled with the current version; you’ve been through enough.

With your phone. @Ramphex can take a bath with his toaster (it’s junk, anyway!) 🤪
Still on 11 here, but the junk behavior experienced below makes me feel like being in the beta for over 2 years, these sorts of things should not be an issue anymore, and whoever is in charge of junk project should take a bath with the above mentioned toaster.

I have had several of my normally used routes suddenly changed since v12. The first time I assumed it was one off change but it is still taking the same different routes. I know the Navigation engine is unrelated to the FSD driving but what could cause this? Have others noticed a change in the normal routes sine v12.?

Yes. On our commute, the Tesla nav has always gone to the back of my wife's building. This morning, for the first time, it went to the front instead (which is a problem because the front is a main road).

Yea that’s what I was talking about
Since you’re new to this, FSD was 90 days from wide deployment when I took delivery of my original car in March of 2018.

In summer of 2018 it was going to be “silky smooth” in the next release.

“Actually Smart Summon” has a “due date” with the autopilot team of September. September of 2022.

In Summer of 2023, he said FSD will be “hands off, level 4, level 5, whatever” in December. December of 2023.

Anyway it’s all a load of bull until such time that the car actually does The Thing in question. Now if you’ll pardon me, I’m going to find the nearest Boring Tunnel and take the next Hyperloop to Starbase so I can hitch a ride to the moon. I’ll be using my Neuralink to watch a movie until the Optimus Bot brings drinks around.

Had a new behavior twice today - both times with turning right into a parking lot. Navigation has the car turning in a parking lot entrance in 500 feet, but there is another entrance 200 feet sooner. v12.3 is taking the earlier entrance instead of the navigation provided route. Nav then has to recalculate, meanwhile the car is driving in a parking lot without knowing where it's supposed to go.

So far this has only happened in parking lot entrances, and not on street left/right turns.

Had a new behavior twice today - both times with turning right into a parking lot. Navigation has the car turning in a parking lot entrance in 500 feet, but there is another entrance 200 feet sooner. v12.3 is taking the earlier entrance instead of the navigation provided route. Nav then has to recalculate, meanwhile the car is driving in a parking lot without knowing where it's supposed to go.

So far this has only happened in parking lot entrances, and not on street left/right turns.
I've had this happen to me recently too, even on 12.2.1. Not sure how to feel about it, because it's been a blessing and a curse, i.e. the car tries to get to the nav pinpoint no matter what. I've had the parking lot thing happen recently, but I've also had it work out just fine to where I'm approaching a left turn, but the nav wants me to keep going straight another block or two just to make a U-turn and turn right at the original intersection instead. v12 turns where it's supposed to, despite the nav telling it to pass and do the U-turn

I have had several of my normally used routes suddenly changed since v12. The first time I assumed it was one off change but it is still taking the same different routes. I know the Navigation engine is unrelated to the FSD driving but what could cause this? Have others noticed a change in the normal routes since v12.?
Coming out of our driveway, the car will turn right, which is not only wrong, but it's a dead end. This is a bug that was fixed at some point in the past but has reappeared.

But Tessie (see sig) with FSD 11.4.9 also makes this error.

• Informative
Reactions: Captkerosene
Alan predicts that most (many?) people will dislike the braking profile. My guess is the opposite, many will like it. I think it will make people more comfortable, particularly if they are new to FSDb on city streets.
From past posts, Alan has a strong preference for more aggressive profiles. This is a preference issue, pure and simple.

I accidentally replied to the wrong post it would seem - I meant to reply to the below heh

Came here to ask if my FSD 12.3 was buggy due to going way too slow despite upping the Max Speed higher to try to encourage the car travel with the flow of traffic, but I guess it’s not just me and a common issue. Chiming in in the hopes that one extra post will help Tesla expedite a fix/update.

I constantly need to be pressing or riding the accelerator now.

It also will brake going downhill with no traffic in front of me, despite already going 10-20 mph slower than the max speed set. What the hell? 👎

It also got stuck trying to decide between two lanes to travel in while slowing down at a red light, with the steering wheel jerking back and forth violently until I disengaged. Twice. i’ve only had FSD 12.3 for a day.

On the plus side, it’s smoother going through turns even if it rides the lane dividers sometimes now.

-Paul

Reactions: Deaf Paul