Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that is what the supervising driver is supposed to be doing. Adding more code adds latency
Depends really, procedural code can be very fast especially if there aren’t 300,000 lines of it. Simple guardrails like “don’t turn the wheel 90°” or “don’t floor the accelerator” wouldn’t add any latency at all. Possibly they can run it in parallel. Would be interesting to learn more about the architecture. Possibly some details will come out if they get serious about robotaxi.

Reactions: enemji
At best it might be an inconclusive deceleration for the left turn.

No it was going to stop. I was driving. It was a reaction to the light.

reaction time and it's just as laggy and unresponsive as it ever was.

I did not say it was not longer in some cases. In this case it appeared to be 0.5 seconds (which is not very good to be clear).

Looks like quite a few are getting it!

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Teslafi already shows an M3 with HW3 getting this version, so most likely will actually be pushed out to everyone on 2024.3.10. Probably some improvements, even if the release notes don't mention anything. Maybe reduced curbage.
Seems like a waste. We (especially the broken promised 24.8.ers) need a REAL update like 24.8.x/12.4.x. Arn't we supposed to experience "ChatGTP" type updates and not this some old incremental dribble stuff? 🤔 😂

V12 is mostly good but after several days of use my biggest pet peeve has become its indecision around turn lanes, especially dual turn lanes. Not every intersection causes this behavior but when it does it will oscillate back and forth between lanes sometimes 2-3-4 times, or just kind of straddle the line taking up both lanes before committing at the very end.

Also I'm convinced the FSD driving profiles have zero effect on the e2e stack, including the "minimal lane changes" option, and only affects the legacy highway driving.
+1 on that lane change thing .. the driver behind me must think I am drunk. And yes, the minimal lane change thing is now only the legacy highway so far as I can make out (and, I suspect, will vanish totally when they switch the highway stack to V12).

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
The article has it wrong. It isn't $10B in 2024, it is by the end of 2024 Tesla will have spent $10B in total on FSD since they started working on it. (So, over the last 6-8 years.)
The article has it over a period of time.
"Now, this number is cumulative, meaning that it's the total amount that Tesla has spent over an unspecified period of time."

Last edited:
Reactions: APotatoGod
This sign is particularly unfortunate. This surface street is 25 mph zone approaching a school zone. School zone is 15 when flashing (obscured by temporary sign in photo).

Approaching via FSDS 12.3.3 speed limit bumps up from 25 to 40 about 300’ before the school zone (not honored if flashing) and “supervision” is invoked followed by explanation of the error to the mother ship.

This was fixed in FSD 11 so it will get resolved pretty soon I expect.

IMG_2897.jpeg

Is there a trick to getting it to turn into your driveway when you select "navigate to home"
This worked for me, but it could have been just luck. Add a favorite location at the end of your driveway and call it (duh😄) driveway. Clear Home and then set Home to driveway. It helps to have the map set to orthoimagery, so you can place the point more accurately.

Gonna fix those turns for sure. Unfortunately it is not Beta so the betting is off. I know everyone is disappointed, especially @Daniel in SD who has a big beer deficit. Meanwhile I have a big beer belly. 🫃🏻. Unless we can come up with a new set of rules I guess I go out on top.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it will still fail fairly regularly with traffic of any complexity.