Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NANI!?

1712807038242.png

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
This is now installing on my 2017 Model X ... TeslaFI indicates ~44 minutes that it is taking others. Taking roadtrip soon so hopefully install goes smoothly.

Bq483XS.jpg

Tk9SR2i.jpg
Installed it in ~44 min and went for a drive as well as test the auto-park. Both went well and it had some new / better behavior in regards to getting into the correct lane before a future turn. Going on a roadtrip so timing worked out well.

Aside: Curious thing is I saw it start charging a couple times during the install but they were both only for several minutes. Wonder if they were testing systems or topping off 12v battery (Ohmmu in my case).

This worked for me, but it could have been just luck. Add a favorite location at the end of your driveway and call it (duh😄) driveway. Clear Home and then set Home to driveway. It helps to have the map set to =>orthoimagery, <==?? so you can place the point more accurately.
will try this today.
(wife becoming a _tiny_ bit more comfortable with FSD(S))

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Installed 12.3.4 this morning on my 2020 Model S. First drive was impressive on all accounts. Even the female person to whom I am related by marriage was impressed!
"The female person to whom I am related by marriage" is the most interesting description of a person I've seen in a while. Can't tell if wife or sister-in-law

Depends really, procedural code can be very fast especially if there aren’t 300,000 lines of it. Simple guardrails like “don’t turn the wheel 90°” or “don’t floor the accelerator” wouldn’t add any latency at all. Possibly they can run it in parallel. Would be interesting to learn more about the architecture. Possibly some details will come out if they get serious about robotaxi.
Even if there are 300K lines of code, latency isn't directly related to codebase size. It's related to what the code is doing.

So, switch of topic here to minimze number of posts:

Something I've seen 12.3.3 do a few times is troubling me. With "mininal lane changes" on, as I approach an intersection for a protected left, (so there's a nice left-turn-only lane), Nameless will change most of the way into that turn lane and then do a brief fake-out as if returning to the lane I was in, realize "No, we really need to be in that turn lane" and sidle back into it for the turn. No cars anywhere close to me. If there had been a car behind me in my original lane, this would've scared the hell out of them. Wish I'd hit the record button, but I am totally not in the habit of doing that, usually I'm just busy handling whatever anomalous behavior FSDS has just served up for me.

Nameless will change most of the way into that turn lane and then do a brief fake-out as if returning to the lane I was in, realize "No, we really need to be in that turn lane" and sidle back into it for the turn.
You mean the "FSD Wiggle"? V12.3.x does that on most lane changes. (I saw one report that V12.3.4 wiggles a little less.)

Road trip report.

About 200 miles from Seattle to Eastern WA. Half of it freeways and rest highways. Hardly any disengagements - but a lot of interventions to manage lane changes and speed changes.

On freeways the scary part was trying to overtake trucks on mountain curves. Disengaged since it didn’t feel safe. Trucks frequently cross over the lines when navigating such curves. Also trying to change lane to overtake a vehicle that is going 1 mph below set limit in “chill” mode, is anything but.

FSD continues to have lane selection issues. Not sure what the solution is.

You mean the "FSD Wiggle"? V12.3.x does that on most lane changes. (I saw one report that V12.3.4 wiggles a little less.)
Good thing. Has anyone reported the wiggle happening with a car in the blind spot in the direction of the wiggle? I mean, FSD should see there's a car there and at least not "do the wiggle" when it would be cutting off another vehicle...

it is interesting that 2024.3.15 seems to be going to S/X initially
2024.3.15 / 12.3.4 is newly adding vehicles that haven't been able to get any 12.x yet. This includes legacy S/X that have MCU2 as well as new Model 3 with HW4. TeslaFi shows some other vehicles getting it (including a Model Y) from 2024.3.10 / 12.3.3 because Tesla tends to test new versions with vehicles in their early access program (those who have the video snapshot button). If there's no FSD behavior changes other than adding support for more hardware, there isn't really a rush to push those on 12.3.3 to this new version. But maybe there's improved behaviors such as curbs?
Sounds like there might be some issues with this version installing correctly on some vehicles, so there might be a 12.3.4.1 to fix that issue. Other vehicles are also still waiting such as those on 2024.8.x, Cybertrucks, MCU1, etc.

Road trip report.

About 200 miles from Seattle to Eastern WA. Half of it freeways and rest highways. Hardly any disengagements - but a lot of interventions to manage lane changes and speed changes.

On freeways the scary part was trying to overtake trucks on mountain curves. Disengaged since it didn’t feel safe. Trucks frequently cross over the lines when navigating such curves. Also trying to change lane to overtake a vehicle that is going 1 mph below set limit in “chill” mode, is anything but.

FSD continues to have lane selection issues. Not sure what the solution is.
The solution is crowd sourcing map data errors which is the major problem with FSD. NN works it's ability to drive which is getting rock solid. However it can only drive well determined by the map data.

I have been to cities with near perfect map data and the car was near flawless even on v11. This is why some people believes fsd is solved while others still think it's trash. I live in a city with horrendous map data and lane selection continues to be a struggle.

Installed 12.3.4 this morning on my 2020 Model S. First drive was impressive on all accounts. Even the female person to whom I am related by marriage was impressed!
That's great!

And for anyone that has 12.3.4, if you encounter any repeatable critical/safety urban city street (non-highway) areas where you feel like you need to provide human feedback, please tag me!