Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really have to read it closely. Here is the main provision. It sounds like the purchase date can possibly be up to 90 days prior to July first.

But, If you drill into https://www2.illinois.gov/epa/about-us/rules-regs/Documents/proposed/275 EV Ill. Reg. 1st notice 022522 w title page pdf.pdf Section 275.200 says
“On and after July 1, 2022, each individual who purchases an electric vehicle and satisfies the criteria set forth in this Section is eligible to receive a rebate under this Part.”
Yeah I saw that as well. Interesting… I’m looking at a June 8 - July 13 delivery date right now so might just play it safe and take it after July 1 … assuming the car doesn’t get delayed even more lol

So this is the Illinois rebate

Do we still get a $4000 federal rebate?

Yeah I saw that as well. Interesting… I’m looking at a June 8 - July 13 delivery date right now so might just play it safe and take it after July 1 … assuming the car doesn’t get delayed even more lol

So this is the Illinois rebate

Do we still get a $4000 federal rebate?
What $4000 federal rebate? Federal EV Tax incentive ran out for Tesla a few years ago.

As far as I know, there is Only the State rebate

I'd sure say that is lucky. Congrats! I ordered mine while in the showroom at Lisle/Naper 2 days later and am waiting a full year. Hmmmm.
Yeah, pure luck indeed. We actually wanted to have the car around the summer but we were able to take the delivery earlier. Fingers crossed for some speed up for you too! Ordering a fully standard config actually increases the time significantly, changing just the wheels or interior actually... shortens it?!

As of today the standard config (White or Gray, 19", black interior) has estimate for Feb 2023 - May 2023; changing anything (even the wheels) shortens the wait to estimated Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. An incentive to spend more?

Yeah, pure luck indeed. We actually wanted to have the car around the summer but we were able to take the delivery earlier. Fingers crossed for some speed up for you too! Ordering a fully standard config actually increases the time significantly, changing just the wheels or interior actually... shortens it?!

As of today the standard config (White or Gray, 19", black interior) has estimate for Feb 2023 - May 2023; changing anything (even the wheels) shortens the wait to estimated Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. An incentive to spend more?

Nah. I'm good. Though I would not desire delivery on an icy 5 degree February day. And unlike Elon, funding is not secured (just yet). They kept raising the price faster than I could save. More time would help that. And I figure they might just add hardware 4 and front megacast by then. And if I'm real lucky, maybe matrix headlights. Though they might also take some things out of the car by then too.

White is blah color for me, but I doubt I'd change it, and keeps a cooler temp in the summer (not garaged). I do need black interior though. I work in grocery, wear blue jeans and might just leave work with chicken juice on a pants leg without knowledge. White would get destroyed. The 20" wheels with nominal pressure were almost too stiff for me, so 19" should help a little, and cost far less to replace the tires at the 20K mark. I'm doing the "Tesla Stretch" at 62,990 as it is.

Anyone else have their EDD bumped out to Nov 2022 - Feb 2023?

I ordered a MYLR 5, Blue, 19", Tow, No FSD, delivery to Libertyville in January and my EDD was June - July, then July - August for a while. Last week it changed to Nov - Feb and hasn't changed back to anything else. Seems strange that it would be the same EDD as someone that orders today.

A month or so ago I removed financing and trade-in so that it wouldn't mess with my EDD.

The law as it's written leaves it up to the IEPA to set the rules for the rebate.

I found this document:

Page 22 gives the income limits:
"Low income" means persons and families whose income does not exceed 80% of
the State median income for the current State fiscal year, as established by the
United States Department of Health and Human Services. [415 ILCS 120/10]

The US Census Bureau defines the median household income for Illinois as $68,428 (2020 American Community Survey). I couldnt find the median income defined by HHS as written in the law.

So 80% of that is $54,742.

But the law doesnt say that the rebate will go only to people making less than that amount. It says that the rebates will be prioritized to people making less than that amount. Personally, I dont see too many low income people buying electric cars so odds of snagging a rebate may be pretty good.

There is also an 80% rebate on charging stations in Illinois

(20 ILCS 627/55)
Sec. 55. Charging rebate program.
(a) In order to substantially offset the installation costs of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, beginning July 1, 2022, and continuing as long as funds are available, the Agency shall issue rebates, consistent with the Commission-approved Beneficial Electrification Plans in accordance with Section 45, to public and private organizations and companies to install and maintain Level 2 or Level 3 charging stations.
(b) The Agency shall award rebates or grants that fund up to 80% of the cost of the installation of charging stations. The Agency shall award additional incentives per port for every charging station installed in an eligible community and every charging station located to support eligible persons. In order to be eligible to receive a rebate or grant, the organization or company must submit an application to the Agency and commit to paying the prevailing wage for the installation project. The Agency shall by rule provide application and other programmatic details and requirements, including additional incentives for eligible communities. The Agency may determine per port or project caps based on a review of best practices and stakeholder engagement. The Agency shall accept applications on a rolling basis and shall award rebates or grants within 60 days of each application. The Agency must require that any grant or rebate applicant comply with the requirements of the Prevailing Wage Act for any installation of a charging station for which it seeks a rebate or grant.
(Source: P.A. 102-662, eff. 9-15-21; 102-673, eff. 11-30-21.)

Im not sure if it applies to individuals or just to corporations. Its kind of vaguely written.

Anyone else with an August/September/October order with late May EDD think we'll see a flurry of VINs come in soon? Our region should be seeing some action, right??
Ya, my EDD updated yesterday. Last 2 weeks dropped off my EDD. First 14 day and closest I have been. I was hoping for a push to July, but if it comes by end of month, I will take it

Reactions: Electromotive