Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I held off ordering a new PMY until I could be assure my delivery wouldn’t happen before July so I would qualify for the $4K EV credit. So I just ordered a PMY today, my EDD is July - Sept and I locked a price I’m comfortable with. I’m in no hurry as who knows what new feature or improvement Elon may include as a bonus plus we own a 2020 LR AWD to hold us until the P arrives.
I ordered back in Aug. if my EDd had slipped one more time I would have held out for the rebate. But it is scheduled for delivery on Monday and tired of waiting

@Crisita99 how did delivery go? Got pics? Also, how was the experience at HP, I should be picking up there in 2 weeks
It finally happened! The wait was agonizing and I had to tell myself we were never getting our car to stop thinking about it constantly. We had an exhausting day but a great delivery experience!
  • Model Y LR, 5 seat, 19-in wheels, no tow, no FSD, multi-coat red, black interior
  • Ordered 10/8/21; received VIN in December but we weren't ready. Put on a short hold, got ready; took off hold, and got bumped down the list much further than expected
  • Picked up on Cinco de Mayo at Highland Park, Illinois. Trying to convince hubby to give her a Spanish language name, like Salsa or Roja, but don't think I'll win.
  • We arrived from the north and passed several fancy luxury car sales lots on the way. Do not expect the same environment at Tesla. They spend their money elsewhere.
  • Car was parked front and center in an area blocked off with cones.
  • Had a sign on front dash with our name.
  • Tesla employee was ready and waiting, even though we were 15 minutes early. Very courteous and helpful.
  • We handed over our check. After a staff member in the back recorded it, we were told to log into the app and click accept delivery.
  • While we were there a transport truck arrived with a fresh batch of Teslas!
  • Satisfying new car smell!
  • A red folder was in the car with instructions and a few documents to sign. Staff used highlighter to mark exactly where each of us had to sign. Very simple!
  • Took a solid hour to go through our checklist. (We just used one we found online.)
  • Overall the car was in excellent condition. The only minor issues were:
    • One of the passenger windows is noticeably more wobbly than the others (mobile service one week later fixed the issue!)
    • Paint issue on driver's side just below driver's seat; not visible with door closed
    • Marks on fabric above driver and passenger heads
  • Rear Front mud flaps were installed.
  • There was no rear wheel/door PPF. I asked the Highland Park staff and they didn't know what I was talking about. I contacted my local SA and was told to schedule a service appointment to have this installed for free. (Completed one week after delivery!)
  • Even though we took our sweet old time inspecting the car before signing the paperwork, the staff member was more than happy to discuss what we found when were done, and he took the car into the service center to have the paint and fabric marks addressed immediately. The paint issue must have been grime because it was resolved. The dirt on the fabric was harder to address but it looks a little better.

Attachments

• 67346173123__3C55F194-AB76-4B7B-8164-56BEF1C30A1F.fullsizerender.JPEG
    67346173123__3C55F194-AB76-4B7B-8164-56BEF1C30A1F.fullsizerender.JPEG
    305.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 67346494281__B852F6F8-4E1D-4DCE-A0CC-6767428D04DA.JPEG
    67346494281__B852F6F8-4E1D-4DCE-A0CC-6767428D04DA.JPEG
    300.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 67346495993__E1133AD8-21D7-427C-A6FF-F9E7F7E0B666.JPEG
    67346495993__E1133AD8-21D7-427C-A6FF-F9E7F7E0B666.JPEG
    471.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1425.JPEG
    IMG_1425.JPEG
    280.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1431.PNG
    IMG_1431.PNG
    116.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1438.JPEG
    IMG_1438.JPEG
    438.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1501.JPEG
    IMG_1501.JPEG
    550 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: voom500 and Bikeman
It finally happened! The wait was agonizing and I had to tell myself we were never getting our car to stop thinking about it constantly. We had an exhausting day but a great delivery experience!
  • Model Y LR, 5 seat, 19-in wheels, no tow, no FSD, multi-coat red, black interior
  • Ordered 10/8/21; received VIN in December but we weren't ready. Put on a short hold, got ready; took off hold, and got bumped down the list much further than expected
  • Picked up on Cinco de Mayo at Highland Park, Illinois. Trying to convince hubby to give her a Spanish language name, like Salsa or Roja, but don't think I'll win.
  • We arrived from the north and passed several fancy luxury car sales lots on the way. Do not expect the same environment at Tesla. They spend their money elsewhere.
  • Car was parked front and center in an area blocked off with cones.
  • Had a sign on front dash with our name.
  • Tesla employee was ready and waiting, even though we were 15 minutes early. Very courteous and helpful.
  • We handed over our check. After a staff member in the back recorded it, we were told to log into the app and click accept delivery.
  • While we were there a transport truck arrived with a fresh batch of Teslas!
  • Satisfying new car smell!
  • A red folder was in the car with instructions and a few documents to sign. Staff used highlighter to mark exactly where each of us had to sign. Very simple!
  • Took a solid hour to go through our checklist. (We just used one we found online.)
  • Overall the car was in excellent condition. The only minor issues were:
    • One of the passenger windows is noticeably more wobbly than the others (mobile service one week later fixed the issue!)
    • Paint issue on driver's side just below driver's seat; not visible with door closed
    • Marks on fabric above driver and passenger heads
  • Rear mud flaps were installed.
  • There was no rear wheel/door PPF. I asked the Highland Park staff and they didn't know what I was talking about. I contacted my local SA and was told to schedule a service appointment to have this installed for free. (Completed one week after delivery!)
  • Even though we took our sweet old time inspecting the car before signing the paperwork, the staff member was more than happy to discuss what we found when were done, and he took the car into the service center to have the paint and fabric marks addressed immediately. The paint issue must have been grime because it was resolved. The dirt on the fabric was harder to address but it looks a little better.
Congratulations, thanks for the recap. I pick up on Tuesday. I assume you mean front mud flaps, they don’t do rear. Good to know about PPF, will push them to have it installed. When you say local SA, he was not from HP?

Ya, lots of car dealers north of Tesla.

Reactions: Crisita99
Congratulations, thanks for the recap. I pick up on Tuesday. I assume you mean front mud flaps, they don’t do rear. Good to know about PPF, will push them to have it installed. When you say local SA, he was not from HP?

Ya, lots of car dealers north of Tesla.
Exciting day coming up for you!

Thank you for correcting me about the mud flaps. The mud flaps are indeed behind the front tires.

When we mentioned the rear window at Highland Park, they told us to schedule a service appointment. We did so easily using the Tesla app and got an appointment one week after delivery day. A day or two later I asked our local SA in Madison about the rear PPF and he said to schedule a service appointment. Using the app again, I was able to edit the existing service appointment and add the PPF installation. The mobile technician arrived on time and fully prepared to address both issues!

Reactions: BGOwner
Honestly, I didn't know that the rear ppf was included. (it is, right?) Crisita99, thanks for the very detaild and informative write up of your pick up experience!
Yes, it should be! Note that is not a lot of PPF. It's just on a portion of the rear doors, but better than nothing. If you don't have it at delivery, ask for it. If delivery location shrugs, schedule a service appointment and ask for the complimentary rear PPF. Worked for me. Unfortunately, you have to do your research to know about this stuff.

Reactions: Bikeman
Yes, it should be! Note that is not a lot of PPF. It's just on a portion of the rear doors, but better than nothing. If you don't have it at delivery, ask for it. If delivery location shrugs, schedule a service appointment and ask for the complimentary rear PPF. Worked for me. Unfortunately, you have to do your research to know about this stuff.
My guess (just an opinion) is that they don‘t install the rear PPF small piece on delivery as many do a full PPF and would have to tear the original off.

My guess (just an opinion) is that they don‘t install the rear PPF small piece on delivery as many do a full PPF and would have to tear the original off.
I’d like to think it is because of that but I think it is more likely due to cost cutting/savings. I think we in this community are far more likely than the average buyer to PPF our cars and the average buyer (who far outweigh us in number) aren’t even aware of PPF.

I’d like to think it is because of that but I think it is more likely due to cost cutting/savings. I think we in this community are far more likely than the average buyer to PPF our cars and the average buyer (who far outweigh us in number) aren’t even aware of PPF.
Yes must be a price cutting conspiracy hence why the Voluntary sent these and mud flaps out to customers at no charge over a year later. Someone must have caught on to the secret $10 savings and they decided to come clean. Umphhhh

Cross posted from August thread.

Such a relief. The pain is over. The Silver Surfer has finally arrived.

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.
4A77E163-092C-46A7-BB53-B8A118246DF7.jpeg
B0F3E120-6532-4700-AAE3-BA9D54F6BAC9.jpeg
2CDF8DA4-17B7-4D8C-A4C3-A2F0009AB79C.jpeg
F436887C-FDA8-469C-9528-FC773DBAC639.jpeg
E2F5BC32-557C-4D2C-913D-59D43CB36998.jpeg