Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else see this or know anything about this warning?
I don't think it's specific to FSD Beta, but the reduction in speed provides a physical reminder for the driver to pay attention somewhat similar to FSD-not-FSD-Beta behavior for slowing down at green lights. I've encountered some actual situations with the emergency vehicle on the other side of the highway and some false positives where I guess some lights were briefly blocked by other vehicles making it seem like flashing emergency lights.

Was driving home last night on an interstate highway using autopilot, have both FSD and highway engaged. Just prior to my exit, in the distance beyond my exit, I could see flashing blue lights (police car) the tesla also saw them and gave a warning that my speed was restricted because of emergency lights being detected and to cancel I need to tap the accelerator. I had never seen this before and was not aware the autopilot was programed to detect emergency lights. Because I was exiting the highway prior to the blue lights I did tap the accelerator but the warning remained. Anyone else see this or know anything about this warning?
It is covered in the release notes, although it been at least eight months since that ability was deployed. It has been updated several times. When it was first released, I remember getting frequent Emergency Vehicles Detected on an Interstate near me. I finally figured out it was because ALL lights were flashing, due to breaks in the light pattern from fence posts in the median. A subsequent update changed that behavior. It has been around for quite a while.

• Informative
Reactions: old pilot
Was driving home last night on an interstate highway using autopilot, have both FSD and highway engaged. Just prior to my exit, in the distance beyond my exit, I could see flashing blue lights (police car) the tesla also saw them and gave a warning that my speed was restricted because of emergency lights being detected and to cancel I need to tap the accelerator. I had never seen this before and was not aware the autopilot was programed to detect emergency lights. Because I was exiting the highway prior to the blue lights I did tap the accelerator but the warning remained. Anyone else see this or know anything about this warning?
I have seen this warning occasionally starting last January. It's currently not very reliable. I've had the car mistakenly identify blue tinted headlights from an approaching car as an emergency vehicle because the lights were shining through trees that made them look like they were flashing. I only recall the car reacting to emergency vehicles at night.

In Texas, when an emergency vehicle is parked on the shoulder, you need to either slow down 20 mph below the speed limit or move over to leave an empty lane between you and the shoulder as you pass the vehicle. I'd like to see Tesla implement that instead of the simplistic speed reduction. Maybe V11 will improve this.

Got FSD 10.69.3.1 yesterday and drove today for first time. It is more confident on left turns and does a good job making an arching turn. Still does not get into proper lane soon enough, when in traffic, to make left or right turns from multi lane roads. Turn signal is still very late. Acceleration is still jerky and uneven when pulling into traffic. It has come a long way from where it was a year ago but it has a long way to go before it is golden.

Got FSD 10.69.3.1 yesterday and drove today for first time. It is more confident on left turns and does a good job making an arching turn. Still does not get into proper lane soon enough, when in traffic, to make left or right turns from multi lane roads. Turn signal is still very late. Acceleration is still jerky and uneven when pulling into traffic. It has come a long way from where it was a year ago but it has a long way to go before it is golden.
We likewise had our first drive on 10.69.3.1 yesterday. It seems like a step back in some areas. Near my parents' house there is a unprotected left we do. It's a T intersection where a divided two lane road ends at a unmarked two lane road. Prior to 10.69.1 it would not do the left, but would bail out to the right, like how Chuck Cook would post that some versions of FSD Beta would bail out on his unprotected left. Starting with 10.69.1 it would do the left, now on 10.69.3.1 it's back to bailing out to the right instead of making the left turn.

The snapshot button has also been removed in 10.69.3.1. Does anyone still have the snapshot button left?

We likewise had our first drive on 10.69.3.1 yesterday. It seems like a step back in some areas. Near my parents' house there is a unprotected left we do. It's a T intersection where a divided two lane road ends at a unmarked two lane road. Prior to 10.69.1 it would not do the left, but would bail out to the right, like how Chuck Cook would post that some versions of FSD Beta would bail out on his unprotected left. Starting with 10.69.1 it would do the left, now on 10.69.3.1 it's back to bailing out to the right instead of making the left turn.

The snapshot button has also been removed in 10.69.3.1. Does anyone still have the snapshot button left?
Snapshot button is gone. Many repeatable problem areas still remain.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Has anyone been able to use the software update? Meaning every since I got my Tesla, I could go to the software screen while connected to wifi or using premium connectivity and it would take a second or 2 and say just checked for update and my car was up to date as of the time I pulled the screen up.
Now after 10.69.3.1.0.420.000.69 or whatever version we are on, it is stuck on 2 days ago. Can anyone keep searching for a update over and over like we used to be able to do?

I copied this from the 10.69 thread. Would love any feedback.

Has anyone been able to use the software update? Meaning every since I got my Tesla, I could go to the software screen while connected to wifi or using premium connectivity and it would take a second or 2 and say just checked for update and my car was up to date as of the time I pulled the screen up.
Now after 10.69.3.1.0.420.000.69 or whatever version we are on, it is stuck on 2 days ago. Can anyone keep searching for a update over and over like we used to be able to do?

I copied this from the 10.69 thread. Would love any feedback.
I am seeing the same thing on 2022.40.4.1

• Helpful
The current firmware versions will only check for a new upgrade once per 24 hours.

• Helpful
Another ongoing problem is on left turns the car moves right (not a sharp move but gradual). I don't understand why. I have seen some drivers do this but it makes no sense, I could almost understand doing a move to the left when on a sharp right turn (not really necessary for a car). Anyone know of a reason?
Elon and all their best coders have been at twitter for the last month leaving us in the lurch. The interns must be running the show of late.

Another ongoing problem is on left turns the car moves right (not a sharp move but gradual). I don't understand why. I have seen some drivers do this but it makes no sense, I could almost understand doing a move to the left when on a sharp right turn (not really necessary for a car). Anyone know of a reason?
Aside from code from the Tesla Semi intruding, I can only surmise that this is to increase the visual coverage given the A and B pillar camera locations...

Ridiculous that humans do this on left and right turns as if they are driving tractor trailers and need to clear the rear axles. Idiots.

Aside from code from the Tesla Semi intruding, I can only surmise that this is to increase the visual coverage given the A and B pillar camera locations...

Ridiculous that humans do this on left and right turns as if they are driving tractor trailers and need to clear the rear axles. Idiots.
Thanks I hadn't thought about the pillar cameras but doesn't the forward facing camera cover more than 90 degrees left and right?