Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is 4/4-4/11. Already have a VIN. How long before your actual delivery do you get to pick your delivery date? SA told me car should be here the 4th and be ready the 7th for pickup. Just curious when I get to actually pick the date? Once the car ships?

Hey all —

Some thoughts for my white interior crew..

Troy shared an update 3/24 that includes some interesting tidbits on production and more.

I highly recommend subscribing on Patreon or following along via Twitter. He does great work.

Q1 2024 Tesla Production & Delivery Estimates, Update #9 | Patreon

Most of you may already know this but bear with me.. so, earlier this year production for M3 appeared to pause for a few weeks. According to Troy, it has ramped up significantly although it has not yet hit 100%.

Given some 3s were spotted at Giga TX recently for reasons unknown, it does beg the question re: 4680 / 2170 cell production.

My takeaways:

💰 If there’s some switcheroo going on that may favor us with tax incentives - that’d be great, especially for those looking to finance.

✨ The pause in production is unclear, but if that means certain issues get ironed out - even better for us.

🔜 Best news is we’ll certainly find out more in the coming days and weeks with EOQ results/call.

Time will tell but the wait may be worth it. It’s truly unfortunate for those that have traded in already or applied for financing, or a plethora of other situations and I do feel for you.

Aaand finally - I called my store this morning (South FL) as I’ve found myself drooling over the white exterior, and asked them to keep me posted if any white/white LR come in as I’d be open to switching from SG. They had a demo model available in this spec, but apparently wouldn’t be made avail for lessors? I want a brand new one so I’d pass regardless.. but it is an option for others out there. Call your store / SA and see what’s possible.

Hang tight everyone :)

At this point it is obvious that they are having production issues with the white interior. They really should just have the phone app say "indefinite", which having it say until June is basically the same thing. They should also let the customers who ordered white interior know that there is an issue, and what the status is. Maybe even give something in return for being a loyal customer and waiting. I know that is a pipe dream. I am a returning customer, and I can honestly say, Tesla makes great cars, and the technology is cutting edge. (Great Software). Unfortunately, the lack of communication in this instance, and lack of transparency in regards to the white interior orders is not a good situation. I am sure many of us early orders with white interior are going to have to make a decision soon if the EDD is pushed to June, me included. Fingers Crossed!
Well said. Exactly my thoughts

Still holding firm with 3/31-4/28 delivery window for my DBM/B LR. No VIN yet.

If I can't pick it up early next week, I'm really hoping it's towards the end of that window. I'll be out of the country for a couple weeks mid-April =/
I have the exact same Model 3 on order with the same delivery window.

Model 3 LR, Blue, Black interior, 18” wheels. Ordered March 1, EDD: Mar 31 - Apr 28. No VIN.

Reactions: macewank
Some 22 hours from now I'll be picking up my Model 3. I went by the delivery center today to see if I could do a brief look-over, but my car was not out front and probably in a gated area in the back with a prominent No Trespassing sign that I declined to enter. 😨

For all you EOQ deliveries, I hope we all have smooth pickups these last few days. And I hope you white interior folks start getting cars soon.

Received a call from my advisor today. Looks like that poster about June deliveries for white interior was correct. The advisor said they have been in "meetings" about the white interior and the fact that they have seen none as of yet. He also said they had no answers for the advisors as to why or when we will even see them. Looks like the new 'Highland" does not have a white interior option after all. If you have a white interior on order take note, you will not see it for a while. You might want to make other arrangements (black interior, or different car). If you are lucky enough to have another vehicle and can wait it out, then you will probably get your car by EOM June. I am going to have to bail. I am a Tesla fan boy, but with this happening. Goodbye Tesla =( Good luck everyone *** EDIT *** I just watched the weekly flyover and you can clearly see white interiors!!! May be hope after all =)

Last edited:
I have the exact same Model 3 on order with the same delivery window.

Model 3 LR, Blue, Black interior, 18” wheels. Ordered March 1, EDD: Mar 31 - Apr 28. No VIN.
I have the exact same specs. Ordered 2/4 (technically evening of 2/3, but it's in the system as 2/4) and I just got my VIN on Sunday with an updated EDD of 4/10-4/18. Hang in there; I'm sure yours is coming soon!

Received a call from my advisor today. Looks like that poster about June deliveries for white interior was correct. The advisor said they have been in "meetings" about the white interior and the fact that they have seen none as of yet. He also said they had no answers for the advisors as to why or when we will even see them. Looks like the new 'Highland" does not have a white interior option after all. If you have a white interior on order take note, you will not see it for a while. You might want to make other arrangements (black interior, or different car). If you are lucky enough to have another vehicle and can wait it out, then you will probably get your car by EOM June. I am going to have to bail. I am a Tesla fan boy, but with this happening. Goodbye Tesla =( Good luck everyone *** EDIT *** I just watched the weekly flyover and you can clearly see white interiors!!! May be hope after all =)
I don’t understand what the meeting was for if they had no answers!
My fellow “white insiders”,
I have come to realization that pulling and pushing EDDs for white interior doesn’t mean Jack! They don’t have it and no one knows when they’ll have it, so
EDD 4/7-5/16 is as good as mine 3/30-3/31, and today is the 28th!
So either we ignore the fake EDDs and just wait like those who waited for Cybertruck for many years, or change plans..
pathetically poor customer service!

Ignored two calls from Tesla a minute ago (location where I scheduled demo). Messaged another friend (different location) and he said “they’re probably trying to convince you to switch to black.” No thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: jiren
I know everyone has different situations, but if you have the flexibility to wait for the white interior just hold strong! There's a reason we all wanted that amazing looking color and it's going to be even sweeter once we get it. You'll be kicking yourself if you switch to black and you only had to wait maybe another month. Of course I'll probably eat my words if these delays continue much longer 😅. I've been "waiting" since last August/September when Highland was officially announced and released in EU. Was days from pulling the trigger on the old M3 last Summer before I learned about the Highland. It's been painful but I've waited this long...

I was just curious and asked and @southflorida people they have these available immediately for pick up.
IMG_6502.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Just to add to all the info. Still sitting at 3/29-3/31 Edd, but just got a response message on the app that White int. won’t be available till mid-May. I’m in no rush so can wait. My only issue is I’m out of the country all of May. If my car happens to become avail while I’m gone. Does anyone know how that’s handled by Tesla?