Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN!!! M3P, SG/White, Ordered 3 hours after release, Allentown, PA. Moved my EDD from May 27 - June 10 to June 8th - June 14th. Question on insurance - can I get away with uploading my insurance card for my current vehicle? I'm worried I'm going to pay for my insurance, then have the EDD delayed multiple times.

Our cars must be on the same batch as I am nearby and have the same dates. I actually had the same question and I was planning to drop by the local tesla center in an hour to check out the showroom M3p and also ask this and some other questions. In the meantime, the app accepted my existing coverage without the M3p.

When the Model S went added the Ludicrous option the 0-60 mph dropped from 3.1 seconds to about 2.6 seconds I believe. Ludicrous has meant a half second 0-60 mph improvement in the past. Doesn’t look like we will see quite that this time around.
They also charged 10k for this option back in the day and it also involved physical hardware upgrade to the max amps. Then finally became a standard for MSP100D.

I can see a 3-5k software download for PM3 one day. It won’t be cheap!

Reactions: StealthedLuda
If you ask for all the power it is going to give you all the power. Why expect anything different?

It can give me all the power that's available without using range (and battery cycles) to keep the battery hot when I may or may not want to use all that power... but I want as much as is available under the current battery conditions when I do need it and ask for it. I would not expect insane mode to use the battery to heat itself unless you also put it in track mode!

It can give me all the power that's available without using range (and battery cycles) to keep the battery hot when I may or may not want to use all that power... but I want as much as is available under the current battery conditions when I do need it and ask for it. I would not expect insane mode to use the battery to heat itself unless you also put it in track mode!
You want “Sport” mode then.

So what are the must have accessories that I should pick up before I get my M3P? So far I have all weather mats ready. Are screen protectors a must? If so, which brand is best?

Also, when someone takes delivery and tints their windows, please let me know if it screws up your ambient lights like others with Sr/LR have been having so I know whether or not to do it :)
I think protectors for the rear screen are definitely a must. For the front, I like to add a matte screen to reduce glare and reflection, otherwise it's a matter of preference whether you think you need some kind of protective screen on it. If you know you'll be bringing dogs and leaving them in the car, then it's recommended.

Reactions: jiren
I think protectors for the rear screen are definitely a must. For the front, I like to add a matte screen to reduce glare and reflection, otherwise it's a matter of preference whether you think you need some kind of protective screen on it. If you know you'll be bringing dogs and leaving them in the car, then it's recommended.
Yeah def won’t have dogs but I do have two young kids I don’t want to scratch them lol. Do you have a recommendation or link for good matte and protective covers?

You want “Sport” mode then.

It is my understanding that sport mode holds back and doesn't give you all that is available even under the current battery conditions: it's more like a "fast chill" mode. I remember one person (maybe it was the first delivery) said sport mode was fast but was instantly faster when you switch to insane mode meaning it didn't have enough time to warm the battery and sport mode must have been holding back.

No VIN yet, but my EDD just massively got pulled in this morning. Went from June 14 - June 30 to May 25 - June 7! Officially in the window now. And relieved since it’s no longer conflicting with our vacation schedules.

No VIN yet, but I assume it’s imminent. I ordered later (May 4) but I am close to Fremont and could pick up straight from the factory if needed.

Black / Black is my color choice. Looking forward to seeing a black one soon!

So what are the must have accessories that I should pick up before I get my M3P? So far I have all weather mats ready. Are screen protectors a must? If so, which brand is best?

Also, when someone takes delivery and tints their windows, please let me know if it screws up your ambient lights like others with Sr/LR have been having so I know whether or not to do it :)
Never heard of a problem with. Ambient lights and tints. Most high end cars have them.

Battery temperature trumps battery SOC for 40+ mph acceleration. I typically don’t care what the SOC is. Just tell me the battery temp or the max discharge value.

Max discharge goes all the way to 462 KW(~609-629 HP). That happens at about 52.3 degrees C and 99%+ SOC. If you Supercharge to 100% it will be in this state almost every single time.

Here is a pretty good 87% SOC scenario. 615 HP max discharge is a good number to launch at. I typically liked to see 621 HP or greater but 615 HP would still yield good results.

View attachment 1050438
what app or screen is this?

I understand you can buy accessories to pre-heat the batteries on demand and access insane mode at the push of a button instead of clicking through menus. Might be worth looking into.