Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came back from local SC... switch from UR/B performance to UR/B long range. Got VIn assigned and car is on train with scheduled delivery this Saturday. Congrats to all that got their performance VIN's and cars 👍. A ultra red / black performance should be available to someone in August / September 😂

In all honesty the LR is a better fit but when I ordered the Performance the LR did not qualify for the tax credit. So now I do get to keep $5,500 in my savings. order new.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered April 26th.
EDD all over the place.
VIN issued June 22nd.
Picked up June 23rd in Gilroy, CA (Bay Area).
Black/black.
One dust nib in the clear on the right rear quarter.
12v battery replaced by service before I could leave due to warning on the screen.
Removed the 20s and put on my Apex VS-5RS 18s (265/40/18 square) from my old 2022 M3P without issue.
PPF/Tint/Ceramic appointment today.
Seats are much better and the added cooling was great in the 102f+ weather today.
Suspension much improved.
NVH is also noticeably better.
I’ll post some pictures in the morning as it was dark by the time I changed the wheels.
Good luck to you all still waiting. It will happen for you too. I have faith.
@lenderachu Any photos of your car with the Apex 18s? :cool:

I ordered on 5/15 and submitted my current 2022 MSLR (56k miles) to Carvana for quote, which came back at $44,500

With my delivery date coming up on 6/26, I refreshed the quote to Carvana over the weekend and it came back at $40,500, bummer!

Now I just submitted my MSLR to get a trade in offer thru Tesla app. Do they turn around quickly?

I ordered on 5/15 and submitted my current 2022 MSLR (56k miles) to Carvana for quote, which came back at $44,500

With my delivery date coming up on 6/26, I refreshed the quote to Carvana over the weekend and it came back at $40,500, bummer!

Now I just submitted my MSLR to get a trade in offer thru Tesla app. Do they turn around quickly?
Tesla offer will be very very low.

Mine took a few hours, can take days for some.

At this time I don't have a VIN yet, but I notice the current EDD in the app is surprisingly close now: June 24-June30. I understand that EDD means close to nothing (till a VIN is assigned at least), but I am wondering if you guys think I'll have a decent chance to not see a real delivery date while I'm abroad. I'm both excited to get my car but at the same time I am okay with the wait and patient (I've waited ~7 years, what's few weeks more?!).

I think there is a very reasonable chance you get assigned a vin before mid July. You probably need to put your order on hold to ensure you dont get one if you dont want one while you are gone.

I’m fairly sure you won’t see a car till aug-sep at the earliest based on order date but who knows with how this rollout is going

I think there is a better chance of @PaVi90 getting assigned a vin and delivery being pushed on them before the end of june, than there is them not getting a vin till august. To me, there is virtually zero chance it would take that long to get them a vin assigned.

If you read back through the thread (yeah I know its a lot but you have been reading along as I have) you will see that for all of the 500+ pages of vin bellyaching and complaints about estimated delivery dates, the vast majority of the people who ordered with a june date are taking delivery in june (or already took delivery).

Waaay back in the beginning of the thread when I suggested that people not look at the delivery date changes and ignore their order till they got a vin, and that it would save them some angst, would probably have been a lot less stressed out if they did that. Site admins probably are happy things work out this way (lots of website traffic), but I am just a regular volunteer, who was trying to help people not stress out, even though I knew that there was virtually zero chance a large number of people would pay attention to what I was suggesting.

Anyway, If I was betting on @PaVi90 getting offered a vin before the end of june, or having to wait till august, I would bet heavily on the former.

The sound system definitely gets loud lol. I am not sure how this happened but the volume was at or near 100% and I turned on music and it nearly deafened me 🤣 - despite the volume, it was shockingly clear for the 1 second it was on before I turned it down. Luckily the speakers are fine and my ears have recovered, but this sound system certainly packs a punch. In general it's probably the second best sound system I've had in a car. My wife's Volvo XC90 has a Bowers and Wilkins that is absolutely incredible, but outside of that, this one is very impressive.