Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Available White/Black .. if you ordered early before the price hikes, you do qualify for the $7500:

1719578929976.png

Delivered 6/26, drove it in the rain all day, was great

Gave it a wash 6/27, noticed a few little paint pinholes in hard to notice places (typically Rocker panels) then looked under the car and found this

Driver side rocker (Not the painted metal surface but a plastic trim surface) appeared to have scraped when loading/unloading from transport. The circled bits on the 3rd pic are peeled away like only contact with metal could do.

Scheduled service and it put me in for August 8 (5 weeks) holy cow

1719578894115.png

1719578927042.png

1719579008696.png

Reactions: arkhos
my driver seat does not cool very well. feels very low when set on high

It might be worth getting it checked out at service. We've had like 10 cars with ventilated seats over the last 10-12 years (I have a problem lol), and the seats in the M3P are at/among the top of the list for me in terms of feeling the cooling effects. I've had the car less than a week, so it's early days, but initial signs are strong.

Reactions: eric135i and arkhos
That is terribly disappointing for a 100% charge
This is actually pretty good for 72 mph. 275 Wh/mi is quite good at that speed. In my 2018 Model 3 LR (not set to chill, and in more ideal temps, as 69F is a bit on the "cold" side in my experience), I'd get around 295 Wh/mi under those conditions. I've gotten as high as 350 Wh/mi when going 80 mph. 274 miles range to 0% is pretty solid, that's about 90% advertised range which is MUCH better than prior real-world range estimates from Tesla and would make it one of the best in the industry for EVs. And it's actually likely closer to 280 miles range if we assume there are a few extra "backup" miles the car can go from 0% to dead.

I'm actually more disappointed in the charging speed. 5-80% in 32 min sounds slower than what I get in my 2018. That's the speed I'd expect for 5-90%. I recall some people getting 24-26 min 10-80% charge a few years back. So this actually sounds like a downgrade which would be a bummer.

• Informative
Reactions: arkhos and sgtauto
This is actually pretty good for 72 mph. 275 Wh/mi is quite good at that speed. In my 2018 Model 3 LR (not set to chill, and in more ideal temps, as 69F is a bit on the "cold" side in my experience), I'd get around 295 Wh/mi under those conditions. I've gotten as high as 350 Wh/mi when going 80 mph. 274 miles range to 0% is pretty solid, that's about 90% advertised range which is MUCH better than prior real-world range estimates from Tesla and would make it one of the best in the industry for EVs. And it's actually likely closer to 280 miles range if we assume there are a few extra "backup" miles the car can go from 0% to dead.

I'm actually more disappointed in the charging speed. 5-80% in 32 min sounds slower than what I get in my 2018. That's the speed I'd expect for 5-90%. I recall some people getting 24-26 min 10-80% charge a few years back. So this actually sounds like a downgrade which would be a bummer.
I'm not sure that the charging time is representative. Even though I had the Supercharger in the navigation, it waited very late to start preconditioning. The battery might not have been at the optimum temp.

Reactions: JG Collins
I would hate to pick up the car @ 11pm on Sunday at the factory, will not be able to inspect the car in the dark even though the parking lot is lit up. When I had picked up my 2017 LR Model 3, Tesla had a different delivery center across the factory, they had almost 50 plus bays and cars would be brought out and parked in each bay with lights shinning brightly on the car and you could inspect it easily. Oh well hoping to get it before Sunday, I am also confident that the VIN # would be changing too as that has happened to me in the past, right at the pickup they gave me a different vin # car.
Just got a text and today's delivery appointment has been pushed out to tomorrow the 29th....