Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my VIN this morning, EDD didn't change. Just a few minutes ago I got a call from the SA in Ann Arbor, MI (original delivery center). He said my car is actually in the Cleveland location right now. Apparently the cyber attack that happened last week impacted all the delivery centers in Michigan. He said it might take a couple weeks for them to figure it out and resolve their systems. He then asked if I'd be able to actually drive down to Cleveland before next Sunday to pickup the car. What an interesting morning!

• Informative
Reactions: Mwolfe and arkhos
That was my original thought, but in the video he shows legit scratches/grooves where they dig into the wheel (in a visible area).
Mine buffed right out. Just a little elbow grease. I used a wide L bend plastic pry tool at the middle bottom of the connect near the tire bead. Just started slowly prying it out until I got fingers under it and then yanked em out. I don’t think “one guy” on YouTube can claim there is no way. However we do know we can’t do it “his way” without damage. Lol

Reactions: xianking and arkhos
So I just got my VIN this morning, EDD didn't change. Just a few minutes ago I got a call from the SA in Ann Arbor, MI (original delivery center). He said my car is actually in the Cleveland location right now. Apparently the cyber attack that happened last week impacted all the delivery centers in Michigan. He said it might take a couple weeks for them to figure it out and resolve their systems. He then asked if I'd be able to actually drive down to Cleveland before next Sunday to pickup the car. What an interesting morning!
What interior do you have?

I posted a reply on his video yesterday. He seems to be doing it the hard way. If you remove the wheel, set it upside down like he did in the video, and then remove the wire "springs" first, you can press the two tabs on the sides/middle of the inserts (from the back) and they fall right out with almost no effort. My wheels have zero scratches from doing that. The plastic tabs leave plastic residue on the wheel but they wipe right off with Windex (no buffing needed because they are not scratches).
thanks that helps a bit more. he also put the wheels directly on concrete!

Reactions: MikeyC
Order date 4/29
Northern Virginia
Black on Black
Edd just changed to July 24 - August 28
Never made any changes to my order or anything why is it going so far back? Seeing people who ordered after me get theirs already. Also had Tesla call twice now and beg me to switch to Long range. What’s up with that?

I got a VIN yesterday and notice saying I had to set up a delivery appt for either Monday or Tuesday or the car would be released, so I’m picking it up tomorrow morning! Seemed very sudden so had to scramble to get all the other steps finished. Order day was June 8, UR/White, DMV/DC area. I’m surprised I got a VIN and am worried it might have been a previously rejected one… any way to check that, short of just doing a thorough inspection?

Here's an interesting video claiming that there is *no* way to remove the aero inserts without leaving some scratches. :/ Still debating whether to leave them or not. I prefer the open look and don't really care too much about a 2% (or so) loss of range. If I remove them and find scratches, will I be able to note this as preexisting damage and submit a ticket for a new wheel? Hmmmm. I feel like Tesla will fight me on this and claim that the inserts are meant to remain on the car. Uggh. Couldn't they have just made a newer, nicer looking 22-ish pound forged wheel without the inserts to replace the Uberturbines? Picking up today so I need to decide what to do soon. Any thoughts?

NN SANE is correct. The only "marks" were from the plastic. I got most of them off with a microfiber cloth. Wheel polish would make it quicker and easier but it wasn't that tough to do.

Reactions: Raptor911
NN SANE is correct. The only "marks" were from the plastic. I got most of them off with a microfiber cloth. Wheel polish would make it quicker and easier but it wasn't that tough to do.
Yeah I’m not sure what the issue is… I took them off (man it looks so much better), and then hand washed the whole car including wheel cleaner, outside wheel brush and spoke brush. All the “marks” came right off. Plus I was able to get in and clean the inside of the wheels.