Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got hosed. Was getting this delivered to Des Moines on Saturday (already paid) but got a call apologizing for their database error with a gracious offer to pick it up in Kansas City or GTF back in line. I got back in line because I was already 2 hours from Des Moines on the furthest side in relation to Kansas City and I also was a little apprehensive about getting a rushed EoQ car.

Take this with an absolute grain of salt, but I was at the Tesla store in the KOP mall and started chatting with them about the M3P. The SA who seemed decently informed stated that there is a high likelihood that there will be a “significant” price increase on the M3P next quarter.

Now maybe he was just trying to bait an order out of me (even though I already ordered one) but something worth tracking at least.
Yesterday my sales person said the same so perhaps there is truth to this. If they raise it by much then the tax break with no longer apply. As it is they are playing the line with the M3P now.

Stopped by Dedham MA location today to inquire what is going on with my order. No news on my car (as expected) but they did just have a rejected delivery of a Black/White M3P that may be up for grabs. I took a quick look at it, nothing major i could tell. A tiny bit of white fabric/upholstery coming up near the driver side center console is coming out. I don't recall if day 1 orders of black/white qualified for tax credit, but the SA i spoke to said it would have been above the credit limit. I am sure I could've asked to honor the day 1 price but I didn't really want a Black/White combo anyway.
If you switched your order to that car then you get day 1 pricing.

Got my black M3P tinted and ceramic coat put on today. Went with 55% ceramic tint on the windshield and 35% on the rest. Probably could have gone darker, but I am old so I wanted to avoid nighttime driving issues. Really happy with it so far!

If anyone in the SF Bay Area needs a referral to my guy, DM me. He gave me a great price and turned around everything within 24 hours so I could get it done before my vacation.

IMG_5509.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg

Mostly using an orbital but by hand in the tight spaces. I'll probably tape off a fair bit to try and keep things consistent and mostly use the orbital. I'm going to try out the ChemGuys P4 Perfection Polish, I've got something with a higher cut but hope to not need that on a new car! 🤞
I was thinking to use CarPro Essence, its a new car with minimal spiderwebbing from dealer prep wash. I dont have a DA machine, so I'll have to do it by hand, hopefully its enough. I'm thinking of going with their CQuartz UK product for the ceramic coat.

Does anyone on here have experience with CQuartz?

Got my black M3P tinted and ceramic coat put on today. Went with 55% ceramic tint on the windshield and 35% on the rest. Probably could have gone darker, but I am old so I wanted to avoid nighttime driving issues. Really happy with it so far!

If anyone in the SF Bay Area needs a referral to my guy, DM me. He gave me a great price and turned around everything within 24 hours so I could get it done before my vacation.

View attachment 1059651View attachment 1059652
Thank you for this post. You have helped me decide to get the 20% tint for my side windows...

• Funny
Reactions: hkarthik
Man, they did not like me moving the delivery date to Saturday. They said that if I changed it again they would cancel the order and Saturday is the last day to pick up the car. I hope I don't have other car issues or get mauled by a lion (we are using the trip south as an opportunity to hit the Santa Barbara Zoo).

Now today they have been taunting me with messages that "the car is on site and ready for pickup". I know that you jackals, don't you think I'm tempted to cancel all my client appointments, ditch my post-op wife and say "screw the lions"?!?!

Man, they did not like me moving the delivery date to Saturday. They said that if I changed it again they would cancel the order and Saturday is the last day to pick up the car. I hope I don't have other car issues or get mauled by a lion (we are using the trip south as an opportunity to hit the Santa Barbara Zoo).

Now today they have been taunting me with messages that "the car is on site and ready for pickup". I know that you jackals, don't you think I'm tempted to cancel all my client appointments, ditch my post-op wife and say "screw the lions"?!?!
I would probably say screw the lions and go for the M3P, but I am biased lol

Reactions: M109Rider
1000015655.jpg

Just trying to give everybody a update/ stuff to look for at delivery. I took delivery two weeks ago. Yesterday sent car back to SC to address those production defects. Nothing related to powertrain. Car drives nice. Kind of classic Tesla new car issue/ a blit of my bad luck. I am sure a lot of people picked up a flawless car. Also those track ready full metallic brake pads are dusty! I also noticed the car uses brakes quite a lot. I have a thing that almost Everytime after a drive I try to touch front rotor to feel the temp. The Honda Hybrid I had is always cool to the touch but the M3P is almost always warm. Looks like M3P engage the mechanical brake on its own more than the Honda Hybrid system. Not a good/bad thing. Just how different car regenerative brake system is designed differently. Just need to spend more time cleaning the wheels when washing.
1000015622.jpg