Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they have not got the post mail from today with the snail mail letter from HQ.
Might not be 100% hold.. I got notice that my delivery for tomorrow was pushed out. The SA told me it was due to my model s needing window replacement and some paint touch up due to shipping. Then I asked a question about account and asked me to reconfirm account details and then said “oh…that one is on hold…” so maybe not all or they are messing with me… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had a delivery appointment at 11AM tomorrow (7/23) and I spoke to the SC to confirm if they were all set for my delivery tomorrow. That’s when they found out about the hold!! They said that they have not received any details on the service completion procedures from Fremont and therefore have no clue when the hold will be lifted! So, here we go again with the Tesla style of customer communication and service 🤬🤬🤬!!

• Informative
Reactions: Matias and TNGuy99
My Plaid was shipped from Fremont yesterday(7-21) in the morning, arrived at the SC in San Diego at 2pm. I was then told they couldn’t deliver it for the same reasons everyone else is getting.

What’s odd is that people have been hearing about this hold on their cars since last weekend. If it’s something major/critical to have a hold such as this, then why would they still be shipping them vs holding them at the factory? But if no big deal, why not just let us know what we are waiting on? Is it more likely software than hardware considering they shipped my car, yet still want to hold it? More questions than answers..

Reactions: Zaker89
Definitely you guys can find yours below. These are on hold from yesterday's flyover.

It's impressive that I could see many red's there.

screen-shot-2021-07-21-at-1-43-25-pm-png.686744
View attachment 686745

Damn, that's a sad sight seeing all those cars on hold.

I just called Tesla Costa Mesa, which is my delivery location and SA there told me there are no issue with model S deliveries and they've been doing it.

She told me once VIN is assigned to my account and delivered to the SC, there will be no limitation of delivering it to me.
They don’t have a clue until they have an S ready to deliver then they will get the same notice that everyone else has been getting. It isn’t until the appointment is about here do they seem to get the notification. My Sc didn’t know anything about it until an hour later…

Reactions: Electric Magic
Tesla is a publicly traded company. As such, wouldn’t they be obligated to release some kind of statement explaining this very significant decision?
Is delaying the delivery of a few thousand vehicles really that significant?

I don't think Tesla every released information on why they were holding more than 10 thousand Model 3/Y vehicles. (At least until they released them and posted the blog about removing radar and switching to Tesla Vision.)

I had a delivery appointment at 11AM tomorrow (7/23) and I spoke to the SC to confirm if they were all set for my delivery tomorrow. That’s when they found out about the hold!! They said that they have not received any details on the service completion procedures from Fremont and therefore have no clue when the hold will be lifted! So, here we go again with the Tesla style of customer communication and service 🤬🤬🤬!!
And guys this is AFTER I walked into the SAME SC 3 hours ago and they assured me all deliveries were on schedule!!!! This company is a disaster organizationally!

Today evening, I went to Delivery Center and took a peep at my car sitting inside the center garage. Tesla rep was nice to talk about the hold but not much info was shared with them from Fremont. All they were asked was to keep the car on hold per engineering team instructions. Though my delivery is scheduled for 7/24, the person was unsure whether they will get it ready for the schedule as they need at least two days to prep the car after the hold is released. So, the rep said mostly mid next week 7/28. Frustrating but cannot do much.. safety comes first!!.

My long range model s 2021 was suppose to be delivered on july15, thursday. They called and said some ‘final inspection needs to be done’

it will be done during weekday. Cannot do on weekend. weird. Monday; july 19th, i checked. Now they are saying we will update u later in the week. Today is Thursday again. No response from them. What is happening? Super sad.

Mine sitting at dealer made account to post this is what I was told for my car. May not be everyone and just specific to me:

Based on what service is saying right now, Sunday does not look likely. They need to replace a part that controls the touch screen and that part is not in stock in Florida, so we’re trying to have it shipped from California ASAP.
If it’s truly a part and the same issue across the board, that is going to be a nightmare.

For me, the most frustrating part is not the hold but every red exteriors with VIN assigned in this thread have at least a month later order date than me.

Since I got the timeframe, hope I would get a VIN soon.