Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, quick primer for folks.

SA/DA - Know less than you do. Ignore their guesses. Folks here know more.

Priority - there’s no method. Roughly, Tesla’s shown a desire to deliver higher margin performance/plaid first. If you ordered in December, it is very likely someone who ordered in February gets theirs first. Depends on configuration, time, geography and multiverse location.

VIN - As @omarsultan said, when Tesla was actually doing build to order, this mattered. Doesn’t matter anywhere near as much now except it could signal they’re making cars.

Expectations - Keep them low for communication and initial quality. Tesla is not a new company and has been wildly successful for almost 10 years with questionable communications and initial build quality worse than my son’s recent Lego kit build.

When will you get it? - When you get it. And it will be amazing and, somehow, you’ll forget the abysmal PRE-delivery experience.
I don’t think the expectations can get any lower than where they are now. I guess you meant to say have no expectations.

1615941457252.png

Sorry, I would disagree. Yes, you can drive from 400 to 0, but the chances of you going 400 miles are almost zero unless it’s a flat trip and 60 degrees, etc. Now, this type of “loss” is also true with ICE cars, to a degree. Most folks don’t get the actual blended MPG.

With my Teslas, I have found I average 80% of what the rated range is. So if I start with 400, ied expect to be able to go 320 miles. I do not have a lead foot.
my RR per Tesla Toolbox is 290.

First year, including 6k miles of road trips, 313 Wh/mi

Second year, 299.

Covid year, 286.

Year to date, 276.

I'm not driving slower, just smoother, and charging before I leave, at lower SoC.

Reactions: Yuri_G and elguapo
"Soon" ? That triggers me...
Trigger. All I see is the meme girl. Lol.

Btw. Curious. You all talk about your SA. I ordered online. My only contact was with a inside sales guy when I was inquiring about a test drive. That went silent on me when I asked if they had any refresh MSes to drive. The I wrote him back and said I had ordered, and if he'd track it for me. He's at my pickup location so hopefully. But sounds like y'all have been dealing with outside sales people. Is this inside sales guy actually going to do anything. In my line of work inside sales are the cold callers and that's pretty much it.

New to posting but have been following for quite some time. After doing research into Tesla for some time I pulled the trigger and bought my girl a model Y in dec. After driving that car I order myself an M3P for work and sold my BMW 750. When the refreshed model s was announced I ordered the refresh which I’m replacing my 19 BMW m5 for. Months have gone by and this weekend I finally received a vin for the m3p. Today 3-16 I received a call from the manager at Tesla in mass to make a pickup apt for the m3p so I then asked what was going on with the MS refreshed and he said that right now the focus is on getting M3’s and MY’s out for end of quarter and after April 1st is when Tesla will shift to ramping up production and deliveries of the refreshed MS. This is obviously information that isn’t confirmed but that’s what I was told today after asking the manager not an SA.

New to posting but have been following for quite some time. After doing research into Tesla for some time I pulled the trigger and bought my girl a model Y in dec. After driving that car I order myself an M3P for work and sold my BMW 750. When the refreshed model s was announced I ordered the refresh which I’m replacing my 19 BMW m5 for. Months have gone by and this weekend I finally received a vin for the m3p. Today 3-16 I received a call from the manager at Tesla in mass to make a pickup apt for the m3p so I then asked what was going on with the MS refreshed and he said that right now the focus is on getting M3’s and MY’s out for end of quarter and after April 1st is when Tesla will shift to ramping up production and deliveries of the refreshed MS. This is obviously information that isn’t confirmed but that’s what I was told today after asking the manager not an SA.
Your girl's lucky--she can choose between an MY, an M3P or (sooooooon) an MS all in the household fleet. My wife and I are going to feel deprived because we'll only have an M3 and an MS...

Reactions: aerodyne
Your girl's lucky--she can choose between an MY, an M3P or (sooooooon) an MS all in the household fleet. My wife and I are going to feel deprived because we'll only have an M3 and an MS...
That was going to be the case until on Friday she decided to destroy a rim by driving against a curb. For some strange reason women forget to mention things like that lol

and to not seem like I’m making stuff up or trolling I’m going to attach my Tesla account summary page.

Yes I know all white cars but after owning a black Range Rover and black BMW 750 I couldn’t deal with the constant upkeep that black required especially since I’m all about having a perfect looking car. 3 trips a year to my detailer per year was adding up

Attachments

• AA912E86-A5CC-49A3-9406-FAD51F73AB9C.jpeg
    AA912E86-A5CC-49A3-9406-FAD51F73AB9C.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Funny
Reactions: VT_EE
I put an order in for a Plaid back in September. They changed it to a plaid+. Since the date has moved out, I am looking at options. Has anyone tried swapping their plaid+ order for a plaid? If so, what was the impact?
My other option I am considering is purchasing a M3 LR for now and selling when the plaid plus delivers.
Advice is welcome.