Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered October 23, 2020 and specified March delivery. My SA contacted me immediately and walked me through the confirmation process. Original “delivery date” 2/15/21 to 3/15/21. No VIN as of 3/15/21 @ 11:59 pm. My SA has said my priority will be based on my original order date. But, she was sure if that date was prioritized based on confirmation timing. My SA was basing this on prior experience and did advise she had no idea on what happening and still didn’t know as of two weeks ago.

The DA's at my local facility in Chicago also said Mid-April but had nothing to base that on. They just assumed because lack of communication and no VIN# have entered the system yet...

It's very strange that Elon has not commented or brought up the delays on Twitter as of recent. I feel like something is going on either good or bad for everyone and they are just waiting to announce.. We shall see!

What are your SAs saying? We can still complain about the delay here. What boggles me is the total silence.
It doesn't boggle me at all, I kind of have to respect it. IMO what's going on is that the team can deliver better-quality results when sheltered from outcry and on-egging w/r/t every nuance from the public peanut gallery.

If I were, say, a software developer for the team, I'd be worshipping at the altar of Elon for his managing to keep a lid on the recent challenges, whatever they may be. Clearly there's SOMETHING, but regardless of the steering device I get or a slipped delivery date or two due to parts shortages or whatever the heck it is, I know what I'm getting and it's about damn time I get to drive a decent car.

Reactions: dlfjed
It doesn't boggle me at all, I kind of have to respect it. IMO what's going on is that the team can deliver better-quality results when sheltered from outcry and on-egging w/r/t every nuance from the public peanut gallery.

If I were, say, a software developer for the team, I'd be worshipping at the altar of Elon for his managing to keep a lid on the recent challenges, whatever they may be. Clearly there's SOMETHING, but regardless of the steering device I get or a slipped delivery date or two due to parts shortages or whatever the heck it is, I know what I'm getting and it's about damn time I get to drive a decent car.

No - see, I don't think you understand Teslas history. Not only do they have prolonged silent delays, the products they initially deliver often still have a ton of issues. I guess you could argue the product must be terrible right now, but in, IDK 30 days, maybe slightly less terrible?

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't sell my car in Feb expecting to be out of a car for only one month... Just me so no other vehicles. Oops
Exactly, I don’t mind waiting a bit longer but a lot of folks aren’t in the same situation. Tesla coming out with an update will help them adjust their plans and adapt. It is Tesla who promised a March delivery and no one forced them to do so. Delays happen with cutting edge technology but what is not acceptable is taking their customers for granted with no communication. No wonder Tesla is so bad at customer support.

I agree with this--providing air cover so the team has the space to do whatever it is they need to do is a sign of good leadership. Another sign of good leadership is communicating the hard messages, not just the fun ones.