Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: Important Notes

1. Shipping confirmed with round wheel. Yoke will be a retrofit after regulatory approval. Choice will be given before delivery which wheel you want when that’s handled.

2. “Smart Shift” can be turned off. Controls are on both the screen and the steering wheel. Nothing on the pad below the phone charger.

3. Screen can tilt both ways.

4. V11 looks insane (mode)
———
Looks like someone got inside.
I was complaining about no leaks last night and here they come 😀. BTW, that is a LR not a Plaid. The range, center console among other things confirms that.

I was complaining about no leaks last night and here they come 😀. BTW, that is a LR not a Plaid. The range, center console among other things confirms that.
Not sure that is correct. The miles left and charge % looks to low to be a LR especially considering the picture show the 19" wheels and not 21"

43AF03FB-2C31-47ED-8B1E-A766D969CB0D_4_5005_c.jpeg

Off topic alert, but I believe the “shipping with wheel, get yoke later” is Tesla’s way of saying there will be no yoke unless you defer delivery. They prefer death by a thousand cuts rather than the facts up front. I think there’s a 0% chance they “retrofit” with yokes for free. If they were close to getting yoke approval, they wouldn’t offer a retrofit.

The airbag in the yoke appears to be the same as the round. I assume they’ll just replace the wheel, not the airbag.

Possibly. When they did my replacement for a scratch, the whole unit (wheel + airbag) was swapped out. But you may be correct. Either way, a field swap should be trivial.

it just seems weird that they didn’t get this all cleared from the start. There was a costly process breakdown here. Big time.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Possibly. When they did my replacement for a scratch, the whole unit (wheel + airbag) was swapped out. But you may be correct. Either way, a field swap should be trivial.

it just seems weird that they didn’t get this all cleared from the start. There was a costly process breakdown here. Big time.
We know there are lots of smart people at Tesla. The situation is really strange.. maybe now we know why there’s been silence. Embarrassed lol

Off topic alert, but I believe the “shipping with wheel, get yoke later” is Tesla’s way of saying there will be no yoke unless you defer delivery. They prefer death by a thousand cuts rather than the facts up front. I think there’s a 0% chance they “retrofit” with yokes for free. If they were close to getting yoke approval, they wouldn’t offer a retrofit.

I think they'll offer it for a cost. First it'll be 2500, then 1500, then 2000.

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo and RMG007
Edit: Important Notes

1. Shipping confirmed with round wheel. Yoke will be a retrofit after regulatory approval. Choice will be given before delivery which wheel you want when that’s handled.

2. “Smart Shift” can be turned off. Controls are on both the screen and the steering wheel. Nothing on the pad below the phone charger.

3. Screen can tilt both ways.

4. V11 looks insane (mode)
———
Looks like someone got inside.
did this employee you lovely stumbled upon give you somewhat of an idea of when we’d get our Tesla’s (don’t worry you don’t have a NDA 😉)