Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LR at 4500 pounds is quite a bit lighter than a model S performance. With 670hp, the LR will definitely have ‘Insane’ acceleration.
And if these are “real” 670hp (unlike the fake 690hp the P85D had advertised) the acceleration will be as good as the first batch of Ludicrous versions (with the P90D).

And if these are “real” 670hp (unlike the fake 690hp the P85D had advertised) the acceleration will be as good as the first batch of Ludicrous versions (with the P90D).
The difference in 0-60, won’t be what really separates the LR and Plaid. It’s the 1/4 mile which will be significant. The LR should still be capable of sub-11s which will roast most production cars.
On the Joe Rogan podcast, Elon said the plaid is “uncomfortably fast” and I’m really looking forward to being uncomfortable 🤣

What is coming first, COVID-19 herd immunity or the refreshed Model S?
The difference in 0-60, won’t be what really separates the LR and Plaid. It’s the 1/4 mile which will be significant. The LR should still be capable of sub-11s which will roast most production cars. On the Joe Rogan podcast, Elon said the plaid is “uncomfortably fast” and I’m really looking forward to being uncomfortable 🤣
My 2015 P85DL is still uncomfortably fast for my wife. I've been told to never floor it again when she is in the car after demonstrating Ludicrous mode with prior warning and advising her to brace her head against the headrest.
I've grown used to its speed to the point it feels normal. I guess acceleration is a drug.

The performance to price ratio is now pretty remarkable. In 2016 a fully equipped top of the line P90DL was close to $140k with the Ludicrous package and a couple of options that now come standard. The base LR Model S is now approaching the performance of their top of the line vehicle at a fraction of the cost. The LR now starts just under $80k with most options besides wheels and colors coming standard. I can’t think of any other car in history that has so quickly incorporated it’s top of the line features in a base model so quickly.

Last edited:
So when is the model S will start to get delivered? They said March, but no way in hell that's going to happen, when test cars just started appearing, no?

And yoke wheel? No way it'll make it IMO. I have no idea how that even passed the lawyers. It'd be super dangerous. I bet it wasn't banned because the government didn't think anybody would be crazy enough to even think about that. Now that they know Elon was, they're going to promptly ban it, I guess. And rightly so. That wheel as nice as it looks, it'd be an automatic deal-breaker for me. I was ready to buy an S at $68K, but can't justify one at 80 grand. Will buy a nice travel ICE car now, and maybe next cycle. And hopefully Tesla puts cooled seats at least for the front ones. It's crazy that an $80K car doesn't even have that luxury.
If you feel that way, consider buying a used MS.

As the economy recovers, price of gas will be going up.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
My guess is the LR will be pretty close to the P100D. The Model S performance starting 2019 were faster. My 2016 P100D was able to reach 545KW in Lud+ with a fully warmed up battery. That’s about 715hp but 400lbs heavier than a new LR so my guess is performance will be similar. At $80k, it’s about half the price of a loaded P100D from 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVonly
My account page does not have an estimated date. I'm a bit of an anomaly though, as I ordered January 28th. I got a call in late February to tell me I could not have the "old" version and wanting to confirm my wish to follow through with the refresh. I did confirm that with an "Ownership Loyalty Advisor". I messaged him this morning to see if he can give any updates.

I just left Tesla service for a small issue and was talking to one of the service guys and they said they literally just got a Red refreshed S in yesterday, in a crate.. They were instructed to park it in a public parking garage and move it every few days.. Basically to get "hype" out there.. Isnt that crazy??

Interesting! Which Chicago store? Finally some legit news. Go take pics!

Reactions: aerodyne