Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Spotted in Florida. It appears some have made it out east even if just demo/tester. Lends credibility to the previous poster talking about the Georgia one.
Looks great.. Why am I having a hard time seeing if it’s blue, grey, or black ? Is it just me? Wtf I’m in my 40s, not 80s.. ok it’s not black, I’m going with grey 👍

Again, why can’t people take some normal photos? This guy/gal took a photo from the exact angle where you really can’t see the front interior. Seriously? Seems easier to get good photos of North Korean nuclear sites.

I think Tesla purposely allowed for the SC leak showing V11, etc. They could easily let their engineers know not to do that and if the guy thought he’d get fired for doing it, he wouldn’t have.

BTW - post is on topic since it started commenting on a delivered S in Florida!

No one seems to be talking about this, but the base model LR Model S now appears to be equivalent to a previous Performance package with Insane mode. It even comes with the performance pedals and a launch mode. Since I just sold a Performance Model S with Ludicrous mode, I was disappointed with the decreased performance I was expecting but was excited about the new technology in the car. The performance hit now appears to be quite minor - especially with a dedicated launch mode. It is quite obvious that the car filmed yesterday with the insane mode was not a Plaid vehicle, since insane mode is a step down from Ludicrous and Plaid is greater than Ludicrous. I would be quite disappointed if I spent the extra $40k to upgrade to Plaid to receive the insane package from several years back. Tesla website is also using wording describing the LR as having insane acceleration, so I think that debate can clearly be put to rest. The most likely driving mode options in a Plaid menu will be Chill, Sport, Plaid and Plaid + for vehicles so equipped.

Last edited:
No one seems to be talking about this, but the base model LR Model S now appears to be equivalent to a previous Performance package with Insane mode.
No one talking about it because it’s not. It’s 0-60 in 3.1
6FC9ED8D-83B7-4BB9-8D9C-1D7F228FFCC6.jpeg

No one talking about it because it’s not. It’s 0-60 in 3.1
View attachment 647238
Which is exactly the same performance spec as a Performance Model S with Insane Mode. The Model S didn’t approach sub 3 second 0-60 runs until the Ludicrous package showed up and replaced Insane mode. Here is an article for you to see what Insane mode was actually capable of. Insane Mode vs. Ludicrous mode

Last edited:

Spotted in Florida. It appears some have made it out east even if just demo/tester. Lends credibility to the previous poster talking about the Georgia one.
OK, my next hypothesis: These are demo cars going out to the dealerships (I hate using that word, but not sure of a better one) and yokes are being produced somewhere separately because, well, they had some sort of delay (I'm not going to speculate on the specifics of the delay). The yokes will follow the demo cars, and each dealer will install the yoke and offer the car to waiting buyers to try out, and we'll each decide whether we'd prefer a wheel or a yoke. Our cars will arrive one way or the other, and the dealer will do a steering device transplant as necessary. Thus everyone gets what they want.

No one seems to be talking about this, but the base model LR Model S now appears to be equivalent to a previous Performance package with Insane mode. It even comes with the performance pedals and a launch mode. Since I just sold a Performance Model S with Ludicrous mode, I was disappointed with the decreased performance I was expecting but was excited about the new technology in the car. The performance hit now appears to be quite minor - especially with a dedicated launch mode. It is quite obvious that the car filmed yesterday with the insane mode was not a Plaid vehicle, since insane mode is a step down from Ludicrous and Plaid is greater than Ludicrous. I would be quite disappointed if I spent the extra $40k to upgrade to Plaid to receive the insane package from several years back. Tesla website is also using wording describing the LR as having insane acceleration, so I think that debate can clearly be put to rest. The most likely driving mode options in a Plaid menu will be Chill, Sport, Plaid and Plaid + for vehicles so equipped.

Also worth noting that the 0-60 times for LR vs Plaid apparently are measured different according to the Tesla site. Plaid’s 1.99 is measured with a rollout, the LR’s 3.1 does not note a rollout so it appears to be measured from a standstill. I believe the old Ludicrous number was measured with a rollout as well. With a rollout, the LR is likely a sub-3.0 second car. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if people log 2.8s in the LR when they start showing up.

The LR at 4500 pounds is quite a bit lighter than a model S performance. With 670hp, the LR will definitely have ‘Insane’ acceleration.